Ben Hogan PTx Pro Forged Irons

Ben a good week with my Hogans this week (see what I did there....). Back to back rounds of 93, which is a big deal for me. I had these irons working for me, hitting them with a bit of a draw and giving me the confidence to really go after some greens. I continue to be really impressed by two things with the PTx Pros: the durability of the DMB finish, and the value that these clubs give the buyer. I have flipped between a few sets while I have had these, and I just keep coming back to them because they flat perform.

C037B4E8-23A5-4C7A-A74B-B82A0796799C.jpeg

These will be getting a workout today for a quick 9.

Not by me, but by someone who hasn't played golf before! Hope they enjoy them!

I'll be bagging the FW irons and that could be interesting as hitting a golf ball has been a distant memory!
Haha, guy couldn't hit a dandelion standing still but had a blast with the irons he said. Long round but the four of us had a blast. Golf is hard!

Ben a good week with my Hogans this week (see what I did there....). Back to back rounds of 93, which is a big deal for me. I had these irons working for me, hitting them with a bit of a draw and giving me the confidence to really go after some greens. I continue to be really impressed by two things with the PTx Pros: the durability of the DMB finish, and the value that these clubs give the buyer. I have flipped between a few sets while I have had these, and I just keep coming back to them because they flat perform.

View attachment 8941984
That’s a nice line ups of clubs

The amazing thing Hogan did was make everything looked like it’s in the same family. Sand wedge to irons. Irons to hybrid. I like that.
There’s a brand out there that two new wedges but each has a different finish. What’s up with that.

My time with the ICONS is up! Great experiment and super fun, but they couldn’t knock the PTx Pro irons out of the bag! PTx Pros, IMO, are the best irons offered by Ben Hogan Golf!

Looking forward to demo program opening back up

My time with the ICONS is up! Great experiment and super fun, but they couldn’t knock the PTx Pro irons out of the bag! PTx Pros, IMO, are the best irons offered by Ben Hogan Golf!

Love the look of those ICONs but if, no when, the time comes to switch irons I think it’ll be the PTx’s that’ll be heading my way.

Love the look of those ICONs but if, no when, the time comes to switch irons I think it’ll be the PTx’s that’ll be heading my way.
#combo

The demo program has re-opened. PTX Pro irons (6,9) with KBS stiff shafts, driver and 4 wood with hzrdous smoke black xstiff shafts and util long iron and hybrid are shipping my way tomorrow for a 14 day visit to Des Moines. Looking forward to getting a feel for what Hogan has to serve up since the days of my original Edge's.
Thanks for the suggestions of using the demo program!!!!

This is one heck of a sexy bag. And those shafts....
2DBFBBE0-F0EB-4D88-9F95-A60BCD6D2EFA.jpeg
C87227A9-0EE8-4E76-A8FE-585A13F8D928.jpeg

By the way, my irons easily have 40 rounds on them already, plus range sessions. And they still look that good. Here is the 7 iron, the one that is showing the most wear.
11CB73FB-1955-4C5F-A1BD-C8B5458D777B.jpegC012E485-D0AB-425D-A4B3-1445370E5BDB.jpeg

Excited to mess with the long irons in these again when my combos arrive. Funny as hell that I sold a set to only get a half a set later lmao

I have got 2 rounds in the last 2 days with these irons with the Recoil 110 F4 shafts and they are a much better fit for me now. I'm getting a nice ball flight and really love the feel off the face. These will continue to stay in the bag for right now.

Got to hit my demo clubs from Ben Hogan last night Driving range and a quick 9. 🤠
PtX Pro irons did not disappoint. VERY NICE.
22 degree Ft Worth was solid on the range and vktr 22 degree hybrid took a bit of adjustment in comparison to my Cleveland Halo 23 degree however, on the course it delivered. Still some adjusting to be done.
Biggest surprise and greatest pleasure: GS53 Driver and 16 degree 4 fairway wood DANG!!!! Straight, consistent, nice distances, wonderful feel and sound. 😊 Can't wait to hit them tomorrow!!!

I'm getting pretty dialed in chipping around the yard with the PTx Pro. I'm ready for some actual golf. Let's go.

View attachment 8939656
View attachment 8939658

Tres Generacions
View attachment 8939659
View attachment 8939660
Just finished the first range session with the Ptx Pro demos. I have been playing the Apex Edge Pros w/ apex 4 shafts (above middle) for 10 + years. I play to a 4 hcp and have tried multiple iron sets CB/distance irons over the years but keep going back to the Apex Pros. Just solid feel.
The demos came with the recoil F4 shafts (hoping the graphite would be easier on my aging elbows). My first impression after about 50+ balls with the Ptx Pro 9 & 6 irons:
  • Solid strikes with both 9 iron and 6 iron have a higher pitch than the apex pro...definitely different than the solid forging. Feel is closer to a P790. Like the feel of the 9 iron.
  • Surprised that miss hit feedback is so harsh. Much harsher that the Apex Pro. Graphite shaft didn’t make a difference
  • Ball flight is high. For me these are at least 1/2 club shorter than the Apex Pros even though the lofts are the same (30 & 42). Would order them at least one degree stronger if I was to pull the trigger.
  • Love the look of the Ptx Pro. Slightly more compact than the Apex Edge Pro. Sets up really nice behind the ball. quality is excellent.
    The lighter shafts will take getting used to. Will keep working with the Ptx Pros for the next 2 weeks before making a final decision on these. Would get fitted for the right shaft before ordering as I don’t see the recoils working out.

FE491130-2D67-4553-A053-BFAB08349AAA.jpg

Another quality day ball striking with the PTx Pro's. Honestly I haven't struck the ball in quite some time. Distance & ball flight were amazing. Talk about how good it feels when you are dialed in with your irons! With about 15+ rounds with these I am feeling confident as ever.

Not to mention I've received many comments on how sexy they are!

Awesome to get these back in hand and swing them after just staring at them in the bag for 2 months. 3 rounds in and hit them quite well overall. Didn't hit my hybrid to expectations the first two rounds so benched it in favor of the 4 iron today. Used it 3 times today and all 3 were very solid strikes. It must know I have been hard pondering trying a UiHi. Haha

Last edited:
Awesome to get these back in hand and swing them after just staring at them in the bag for 2 months. 3 rounds in and hit them quite well overall. Didn't hit my hybrid to expectations the first to rounds so benched it in favor of the 4 iron today. Used it 3 times today and all 3 were very solid strikes. It must know I have been hard pondering trying a UiHi. Haha

Part of me loves it when the 4h gets benched and the 4i starts pulling through. Long live the 4i. I played my first round of the year on Thursday and the PTx Pro 4i was really solid. I landed in a greenside bunker with mine on a Par 5 I had not gone for in two previously - it was just short but as intended and an ideal miss. On another Par 4 I tried to hit a high fade from long range and I giggled at the peak height.

We need a new hashtag #4iMafia

Back