Ben Hogan PTx Pro Forged Irons

I am struggling to get my ball flight down. The wind here is horrible and anything elevated just gets blown back. What would bending these 1 or 2 degrees stronger do to my trajectory?

Out playing, had a couple of nice 6i and 7i on the front nine. 6i approach on 6th Par 3 was about 12ft long. Another 6i and 7i on 9th Par 4.

60AA6CDC-CF7F-4A30-B2D3-8BDB9998854E.jpeg5D9337E9-7968-4795-A285-2C4A95A87F99.jpeg1ED37317-4667-41B8-83A4-2C443621FA1E.jpegFB01FDC7-F519-4EDB-9C99-54ED3D33FDD1.jpeg

Live birdie look on 10... missed just high.

DB508069-AE5F-46F0-ACFA-13E1DF27FE55.jpeg

Nice shots and a beautiful course

How would the PTX Pro compare to the JPX919 forged? Anyone hit both?

I keep wanting to compare it to other simialr clubs then the difference in price hits me and it seems like their is no comparrison.

I demo'd the PTX Pros last summer and then bought the 919 Forged. Could've been the shafts, but the 919 Forged are much better for me. I feel if Hogan had more shaft options they would've worked well for me.

I demoed the 919 Forged and absolutely hated them. I really liked the 919 Tours. PTx Pros feel better, have more forgiveness, and way better turf interaction. But, I believe @Jrt13 played the 919 Forged before getting the PTx Pros.

I demoed the 919 Forged and absolutely hated them. I really liked the 919 Tours. PTx Pros feel better, have more forgiveness, and way better turf interaction. But, I believe @Jrt13 played the 919 Forged before getting the PTx Pros.
Glad there's choices then, because I felt the complete opposite.

Anyone order since reopening with a long lead time? Did you receive them earlier than the quoted lead time? I'm a week in and want them so bad.

Anyone order since reopening with a long lead time? Did you receive them earlier than the quoted lead time? I'm a week in and want them so bad.
I ordered my combo set an hour after they went up on 5/5 so I am 17 days in, a little over the 2 week lead time. But, this situation is a wild one for companies.

Sorry if this has been touched already but has anyone hit both these and the original PTx? I'm curious how they compare to each other performance wise.

Sorry if this has been touched already but has anyone hit both these and the original PTx? I'm curious how they compare to each other performance wise.
SURPRISE this club ***** has had both sets lmao

I think they tweaked these to fix the right things, spin is better, launch window is imo a little more consistent, and the feel is more fluid for me. Not to mention, aesthetically they might be the best looking irons out there right now.

I am struggling to get my ball flight down. The wind here is horrible and anything elevated just gets blown back. What would bending these 1 or 2 degrees stronger do to my trajectory?

I have the original PTx and bent mine two degrees strong to bring in a little more distance, lower spin, and ball flight. Best club tweak I've ever made!

SURPRISE this club ***** has had both sets lmao

I think they tweaked these to fix the right things, spin is better, launch window is imo a little more consistent, and the feel is more fluid for me. Not to mention, aesthetically they might be the best looking irons out there right now.
When you say spin is better, did they lower the spin? That was about my only complaint about the originals, in to the wind was death with as much spin as I would get.

On the other hand I'm really low spin and it was kind of cool actually being able to stop the ball on the green.

I have the original PTx and bent mine two degrees strong to bring in a little more distance, lower spin, and ball flight. Best club tweak I've ever made!
What was the lofts stamped on the clubs before you bent them strong? They had four different loft configurations.

When you say spin is better, did they lower the spin? That was about my only complaint about the originals, in to the wind was death with as much spin as I would get.

On the other hand I'm really low spin and it was kind of cool actually being able to stop the ball on the green.
Yes, I think the OG’s were at that point of tech and spin where it was an issue blending them at times. Here, little lower, lot more manageable imo, just good stuff.

Also, I’m lower spin with irons as well, but I got on better with the Pro’s

Reactions: KEV
It should bring the flight down a bit and give a little extra distance but it would probably also reduce spin. I guess you would have to determine if losing some spin would work for you.

It should bring the flight down a bit and give a little extra distance but it would probably also reduce spin. I guess you would have to determine if losing some spin would work for you.
Yup. All going to depend on the greater numbers.

Have about a year in with both sets. Can't quote any actual numbers because we are technoogy challenged in south GA, but I get slightly more distance (about 2 yards) and a touch more forgiveness in the PTx Pro set. I have exact same shaft and specs in both sets. I can switch back and forth seamlessly.

Reactions: KEV
I'm currently have the demo 6 and 9 PtxPro demo irons and I've found them to balance elevation and spin well. I tend to hit my lower irons long, low and have difficulty getting enough spin to stop the ball on the green. I've found a nice trajectory, stopping power on the greens (hitting from all sorts of lies) and a very nice feel with a very forgiving nature. When well hit: silk and when not so well hit more like denim rough, not very pretty in look or feel BUT definitely serviceable. Finding them to be a very, very nice club to have in the bag and as someone else here had commented, perhaps one of sexiest irons on the market currently.. They take my '92 Hogan Edges and what they brought to the game when I got them new and amplify the smile on my face x's 10 plus when I hit it well.

What was the lofts stamped on the clubs before you bent them strong? They had four different loft configurations.

I have the 22 / 26 / 30 / 34 / 38 / 42 / 46 progression. I don't use the 4i.

Glad there's choices then, because I felt the complete opposite.
I haven’t heard many people hate the JPX919 forged irons and they’ve been on my short list for a while. The reduced pricing makes them even more attractive but I want to wait to see the upcoming JPX forged offerings...

I haven’t heard many people hate the JPX919 forged irons and they’ve been on my short list for a while. The reduced pricing makes them even more attractive but I want to wait to see the upcoming JPX forged offerings...

I just didn’t click with the Forged, the Tours was a completely different animal! I hit the W/S V6 irons and didn’t like them, but loved the FG Tour F5 irons!

Back