Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrids Review Thread

I too was one of the testers for the VKTR although I had the 19* +1up. Didn't hit it quite as long as Nate but was a reliable 200yard+ club. Was playing at another course, seems someone else like the VKTR as well as I did also. Looking for a new hybrid.

Put the 24* in my bag this weekend and took out 5i

Second best decision i made all year in regards to bag setup and equipment

Was a monster off the tee and a few shots off the deck for me that put me in great positions to score

The look at address gives me confidence and also the weight of the head and the aldila shaft pairing are great and pair well with my swing

will either be keeping it for a while or going with another hybrid, but after this weekend I'm really torn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrids Review Thread

It's awesome Alex.....it is a fairway finder off the tee for me and love hitting it into long par 3's or par 5's in 2. Just so consistent. Have fun w/ it!

I was using my 21* at the short game area, practice little bump and runs. It's versatility allows the club to be used quite easily in this manner too.

Last edited:
I was teaching some of the guys this weekend the hybrid bump from the fringe......another great use for this club! Ha!

I too was one of the testers for the VKTR although I had the 19* +1up. Didn't hit it quite as long as Nate but was a reliable 200yard+ club. Was playing at another course, seems someone else like the VKTR as well as I did also. Looking for a new hybrid.
Hate to hear that. I know it will never happen but it would be nice if golf courses were free of crime.

T4K & Nate,
I wouldn't have ever thought of using the VKTR like that. Will have to try it in place of my 8i during my next practice session.

My 24* has earned it's spot in the bag by consistently holding greens (including a near ace during our RR) and being easy to hit from any lie. It's not the longest hybrid I've hit but it just does exactly what I need it to do.

Hate to hear that. I know it will never happen but it would be nice if golf courses were free of crime.

T4K & Nate,
I wouldn't have ever thought of using the VKTR like that. Will have to try it in place of my 8i during my next practice session.

My 24* has earned it's spot in the bag by consistently holding greens (including a near ace during our RR) and being easy to hit from any lie. It's not the longest hybrid I've hit but it just does exactly what I need it to do.

Each course has their jerks and D-bags so this course was probably not immune but still VERY PO'd about it. I mean how do you swipe a club?? I'm sure the Ben Hogan head cover was a giveaway but still I had a SC putter with a nice cover but somehow the BH was the target. Had to put my Ping back in the bag that I took out for the VKTR, OK club, but not like the VKTR. Maybe it was the iRoD shaft in the VKTR or just maybe the way it was shaped that matched my swing. Whatever it was it worked for me. Now the hunt begins for the replacement.

Purchased a used 24* cheap to replace mine with the cracked face (never heard back from Hogan about that). This one whistles a little more than the original but I still hit it far better than any previous hybrid - very straight but can move it either direction when I need a punch shot. Just wish I hit it a bit higher but the additional spin does help it hold greens better than the trajectory would suggest.

The 21* was my go to club for bump and run shots this week. It worked great. It was also a very solid option for shots off the tee and hit to proscribed distances (a blind tee shot that need to go no more than 210 went 205 and left me in perfect position)

Last edited:
if all goes as expected, i'll be fitted for a new hybrid and will be moving on from my 21* vktr. it's been a good club when i swing it well. at the price they want now i think this is a great option. it's a quality product.

I'd like to try one of these out just for the V-Sole. Love it on my Srixons. Kinda bummed on the Hogan site that the loft I want 22/23 doesn't have the Aldila 85x available that other lofts do.

My VKTR still has a lock on my bag. I need a club that holds the greens, works from any lie, including from off the tee, and the VKTR does it easily.

I'd like to try one of these out just for the V-Sole. Love it on my Srixons. Kinda bummed on the Hogan site that the loft I want 22/23 doesn't have the Aldila 85x available that other lofts do.

i'm a believer in the v-sole as well, and i think the vktr v sole actually helps. when i stay down on the ball, the contact is really solid. i'm looking for something with a little less draw tendency, and a slightly higher launch profile. also a shaft combo that helps me keep it on a consistent plane a bit better.

i'm a believer in the v-sole as well, and i think the vktr v sole actually helps. when i stay down on the ball, the contact is really solid. i'm looking for something with a little less draw tendency, and a slightly higher launch profile. also a shaft combo that helps me keep it on a consistent plane a bit better.

I'm thinking hard about trying the KBS graphite hybrid shaft in mine.

The 22° VKTR hybrid with IROD 75 F4 shaft arrived today. Excited to get it out on the course tomorrow. I do hear the whistling that others mentioned. Swung it a few times on my back deck. If it performs well, it can whistle all it wants.
cca536f9f846ddc3f9c3749af1603821.jpg

The 22° VKTR hybrid with IROD 75 F4 shaft arrived today. Excited to get it out on the course tomorrow. I do hear the whistling that others mentioned. Swung it a few times on my back deck. If it performs well, it can whistle all it wants.
cca536f9f846ddc3f9c3749af1603821.jpg

dude it’s a great hybo. actually kinda miss the one i gave away. with the right shaft and weighting this is a weapon.

dude it’s a great hybo. actually kinda miss the one i gave away. with the right shaft and weighting this is a weapon.

It will definitely have to perform well to knock the PTx 4 iron out of the bag. Will probably rotate them because I love being able to hit the 4 iron.

2 times on the course now with the 22* VKTR. Very solid hybrid that gives me a nice high and straight ball flight. Distance gapping fits right in line with the 190 yards that I needed to be a diret distance replacement for the 4 iron. Definitely easier for me to hit solidly off the deck than the 4 iron for me.

2 times on the course now with the 22* VKTR. Very solid hybrid that gives me a nice high and straight ball flight. Distance gapping fits right in line with the 190 yards that I needed to be a diret distance replacement for the 4 iron. Definitely easier for me to hit solidly off the deck than the 4 iron for me.

Glad you’re enjoying it. One of the better hybrids that I bagged

I kind of struggled hitting this club (22*) consistently solid initially, but it has come around lately and have been striking it well. Went back and forth several times at first with the heavy weight in the sole or the middle back and think I have settled on it being in the middle back. Even though it probably shouldn't be in theory, I was having trouble flighting the ball down with the weight in the sole but have not experienced that issues with it in the middle back. Have not had any issues, in either setting, with dispersion.

Just bumping an old thread where I was one of the original testers of the VKTR hybrid. I really did find it to be a unicorn for me - neutral in flight, good spin and great feel. Sure it was pretty unforgiving as hybrids go but my misses just were not as penal as some of the distance monsters. I had some misfortune as I cracked the test club at about the time Hogan went through its bankruptcy so never heard anything back from the company. Bought a replacement during the fire sale but it had the very loud whistling sound described elsewhere in this thread. The head did not feel as solid as my first one either. At this point, I pretty much gave up on Hogan (also never received replies to multiple e-mails I sent with questions about the Equalizer wedges soon after their introduction).

I finally relented after multiple subsequent failed hybrid efforts and purchased a used one late this fall, just before our season ended. We had one final push of weather in the low 50s and the VKTR was it usual self - 195-200 and pretty darn straight off the tee. The best shot was on the very difficult 200 yard downhill par 3 at my home course. Any miss to the right is out of bounds and anything left leaves a virtually impossible shot into a green that slopes very much to the right. I decided to hit a lower cut and land it just short of the green. It came off just as I envisioned and left me with a 6' putt - the closest I have been to the pin ever on that green (actually only hit the green about 30% of the time). I'm back to pulling my hybrid with complete confidence. Thanks again to THP for the opportunity to test this club as I don't know that I would have tried it otherwise.

I love this club! Demoed it back in October. I was mashing the 20* 220 uphill and into the wind. Super easy to play. Never heard a whistle. Will, probably have 2 or 3 of these in my new bag this year!

Big fan of this club already, so easy to hit and has a great shape. 200 yard par 3
2f887e0709b3377d55dad9b6c57fadc6.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

So with the Hogan event, I got the 20* VKTR, I don't typically hit hybrids very well, however..over the weekend at Nashville at the Event, it was a weapon I turned to a couple of times when I needed to cover some ground and stay out of trouble. Looking forward to getting some playing time on my course. Its a little shorter and has a couple of holes I can pull this on the tee box and have a wedge into the green. This is my first go 'round with recoil shafts. On my club order, I asked for Aldila, but as long as the flex is correct I don't care. I'm not that picky about which shafts I play. #noshaftgate. After swinging this at the range I was very pleased. So it might have been a mistake or necessity to complete the bag but it's one that came out in my favor! I didn't have a true distance on the range, but the ball flight was excellent and there was no sign of my standard hybrid draw. If this has any distance in it at all this should be a 230-250yd club for me. That's what other 20* hybrids play. I really like the adjustability of the weights, however if it's working I will likely leave it as it is.

At the Hogan Event, I ordered the 21* VKTR Hybrid. I normally don't hit a hybrid because I have a tendency to hook the daylights out of them. I normally use a 7 wood to fill the gap between my 5 wood and 4 iron. Since BH does not offer a 7 wood, I thought I would give the 21* VKTR a go. What I came away with was quite surprising and very pleased.
First off, the finish like all of the other Hogan clubs was top notch. Very clean, very pleasing to the eye. I went with the Recoil F4 85 as the shaft option and could not have been happier. I was able to feel the head all the way through the swing (which is a feature I like). I did not adjust the weights, I left it in it's stock configuration. The clubhead sets up square to the ball (another feature I prefer since most Hybrids appear closed).
The first few swings I took were about 75% just to get a feel for the club. Contact was solid and the ball flight produced a nice penetrating arc. The best part for me was this was dead straight. After getting more comfortable with it on the range, I was able to get more aggressive with my swing. This still produced the straight penetrating ball flight which was very encouraging. On the course this transitioned quite nicely as the V-Sole of the club made this very versatile of of many different lies.
I am looking forward to getting this out for many more rounds as this club quickly instilled a level of confidence that I have not experienced with a hybrid for quite some time.

Back