TCB2010

How good do the HMB’s look?!
Reaction score
What’s your thoughts on this?
Id like to buy an old used wedge, the reasoning why is because I like the dynamic sole grind from years ago offered by Cleveland. What I’d like to do is buy a 52 and have it bent to a 48 is that reasonable? Or not worth the time, money, effort?
I have searched everywhere and I don’t believe they ever made a 48. I believe the dsg’s were 52 54 56 58 60.

Anyways can I bend a 52 to a 48 or what??
any help is appreciated!

What’s your thoughts on this?
Id like to buy an old used wedge, the reasoning why is because I like the dynamic sole grind from years ago offered by Cleveland. What I’d like to do is buy a 52 and have it bent to a 48 is that reasonable? Or not worth the time, money, effort?
I have searched everywhere and I don’t believe they ever made a 48. I believe the dsg’s were 52 54 56 58 60.

Anyways can I bend a 52 to a 48 or what??
any help is appreciated!
You can. But, it’s going to significantly change the playable bounce.

... and the offset.

I prefer to not bend wedges stronger for that reason.

Explain to me just a little old wise one 🧙‍♂️

Bounce will decrease 1° for every degree you bend the loft stronger and offset will increase 1° for every degree you bend stronger.

This sounds like a bunch more Bull than I want to deal with. I was wanting to get rid of my 3 hybrid since I never use it and add another wedge. My srixon pw is 44* then my next wedges are 52-56-60. So adding a 48 is what I’m wanting to do to keep them at every 4* spaces.

This sounds like a bunch more Bull than I want to deal with. I was wanting to get rid of my 3 hybrid since I never use it and add another wedge. My srixon pw is 44* then my next wedges are 52-56-60. So adding a 48 is what I’m wanting to do to keep them at every 4* spaces.

Gap test to see your distances. You may find that you can tweak the 52 to fit better into the gap or weaken the PW a little. I wouldn't solely focus on 4* gaps as that may not mean equal distance gaps.

Gap test to see your distances. You may find that you can tweak the 52 to fit better into the gap or weaken the PW a little. I wouldn't solely focus on 4* gaps as that may not mean equal distance gaps.
I will do some more testing this week, I’m pretty sure where my yardages are at and there’s a 10-15 yard gap between that pw & 52.

I will do some more testing this week, I’m pretty sure where my yardages are at and there’s a 10-15 yard gap between that pw & 52.
10-15 yards is optimal.

If you’re right, and the gap between the PW and GW is 10-15, I would not be trying to close that gap in any way.

Back