Jimmyboy

lookin' for results!
Reaction score
Handicap
Well, I am looking for new wedges in 54* and 58* but the selection is pretty thin... lots of 56* and 60*. So what I am asking is can u bend a wedge 2* (i.e. bend a 56* to 54*). Does it have to be a forged wedge? How effective is a bent wedge?

Well, I am looking for new wedges in 54* and 58* but the selection is pretty thin... lots of 56* and 60*. So what I am asking is can u bend a wedge 2* (i.e. bend a 56* to 54*). Does it have to be a forged wedge? How effective is a bent wedge?

Hmmmm. Are there certain wedges you are looking for? I did not know any of the major brands did not have 54 and 58 now. Most wedges can be bent. Obviously some more than others depending on shape and what kind of metal is used. A carbon steel wedge can be bent pretty much as much as you want (within reason) however a harder stainless steel may only be able to go 1-2 degrees. Keep in mind that bending a wedge can have influence on the bounce and leading edge of the club.

Hmmmm. Are there certain wedges you are looking for? I did not know any of the major brands did not have 54 and 58 now. Most wedges can be bent. Obviously some more than others depending on shape and what kind of metal is used. A carbon steel wedge can be bent pretty much as much as you want (within reason) however a harder stainless steel may only be able to go 1-2 degrees. Keep in mind that bending a wedge can have influence on the bounce and leading edge of the club.

I'm looking at Callaway Jaws. I'm thinking its just best to order a 54* and 58*. Golftown doesn't stock these lofts.

the JAWS wedges are forged and could be easily bent the 2*'s you require if need be, but JB's right, it will alter the bounce a little bit. i have had my 56* bent to 55* and my 52* bent to 50* and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary to get use to.

Tgw has good prices, vie heard some wedges and irons can also bend themselves back some to the original memory? Not sure who said that here. I bent my cg15 from 56 to 55. Honestly I can't really tell the 1 degree diff but i wanted nice gaps between my wedges.

I have a Vokey 58/12 that I had bent to 57* which changes bounce to 11*. Fitter said +/- 2* possible with cast head. More so with forged. Off turf this club good for 80-90 yds and good in fluffier sand. I have 56 w/s for heavy or wet sand.

Cast can be bent

Back