Bennington Quiet Organzier 10 VS Bag Boy Revolver

Pinged

In Search of Bagger Vance
Reaction score
Handicap
I know there are several on here with each type of bag who seem to like them. I intend to use the bag on a Bag-Boy push cart. In looking over various online reviews I find some comments about the revolver mechanism binding or failing. On the other hand, I've read at least one comment about the Bennington failing when the "bottom" gave way and rendered the bag useless. (I have NO IDEA what that means exactly?!?)

So my question- anyone who has owned both or compared both side by side? Specifically, any opinions as to which would be better on a push cart, as opposed to a riding cart? Reliability?

All things being equal I really like the concept and the look of the Bennington. It just makes sense to me to have the clubs spiraled around the perimter where you can see at a glance if you left a wedge lying near the green, etc.

And just to throw a monkey wrench into the asked for comparison- I'm also impressed with the Ogio Atlas, in case anybody wants to jump in on that one.

I'm GUESSING (hoping?) that there will be some killer year-end, after-Christmas sales on bags. We'll see.

OK... let 'er rip, tater chip. "Little Grasshopper" Pinged is listening and hoping to learn.

Bennington makes some solid bags. But I can tell you I have owned the original Bag Boy Revolver and I reviewed the new Bag Boy REvolver Pro and I have never seen anything wrong with the mechanism. I know atleast a dozen people that have the original Revolver and never heard a peep from them either.

I have seen those same comments about the mechanism and just have yet to see proof that there are problems. They have worked just fine for me.

Pinged, my current cart bag is a Bennington QO-10. I can't compare it to the Revolver since I haven't used (but have seen) it.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about the Bennington, however.

WHOAH! INSTANT responses!!

JB- Any reason to think the revolver mechanism wouldn't work fine on an inclined push cart, as opposed to a more upright position on a riding cart? Binding perhaps?

Grogger- Same question, more or less. Any reason to think that resting on an inclined push-cart there would be any conflict with the bottom irons becoming entangled with the cart chassis, or the irons on top bouncing up slightly loose and twisting around? I ask, because again, the push cart is more reclined than putting the bag in a more upright riding cart.

Both designs SEEM like they would be optimal in a fully vertical positioned bag. The closer you come to horizontal the worse it seems they would work.

Thanks in advance...

I have used my Revolver on both with NO problems at all. But I have only used it on a push cart once. The rest has been on a riding cart. We have a member here named NorthVanMike that can help you with this. He has a Revolver and uses it on a push cart most rounds I believe.

Grogger- Same question, more or less. Any reason to think that resting on an inclined push-cart there would be any conflict with the bottom irons becoming entangled with the cart chassis, or the irons on top bouncing up slightly loose and twisting around? I ask, because again, the push cart is more reclined than putting the bag in a more upright riding cart.

I have not used it on a push-cart, yet. While it is ideal for an upright position, I don't think you'd have any problems at the normal resting or pushing angle. The club slots are pretty high in relation to the club face, so there is some margin for error.

That said, when put completely horizontally (like in the trunk of my car), several irons usually slip out of their slots in transit, meaning they swivel around backwards, not that they come completely out of the bag.

Not sure if I was entirely clear with that explanation. Sorry.

Same question, more or less. Any reason to think that resting on an inclined push-cart there would be any conflict with the bottom irons becoming entangled with the cart chassis,

Thanks in advance...

Pinged, good question! i indeed did have issues with this. what i had to do is fabricate an offset block which i curved both front and back sides to fit onto the upper support of my Bagboy C-550 and to fit the curve of the bag itself. i also did this for Golfgirl's cart which really means this issue is with any kind of bag. she has a non-revolving bag and she found it difficult to pull the irons out from the bottom side of the bag.here's a couple of pics to show it clearly(btw:the metal bar you see going through the offset block is a bracket that holds my rain cover)

Image53.jpg

Image54.jpg

Pinged, good question! i indeed did have issues with this. what i had to do is fabricate an offset block which i curved both front and back sides to fit onto the upper support of my Bagboy C-550 and to fit the curve of the bag itself. i also did this for Golfgirl's cart which really means this issue is with any kind of bag. she has a non-revolving bag and she found it difficult to pull the irons out from the bottom side of the bag.here's a couple of pics to show it clearly(btw:the metal bar you see going through the offset block is a bracket that holds my rain cover)

Hmmm.... do I smell a cottage industry here??? Sounds and looks like a very viable and needed product to me!!

Thanks for the info and pics!! I may be PMing you! :alien:

Glad he helped you out. I knew he would be the guy to speak to about this.

NVM, I would never bet money against a guy with a rig like that!!! Impressive and everything you need. If you told me you were a 13 handi, I'd take one look at that setup and not believe you. I would think you walked everyday and never bet a dime.

Thanks to all for input- especially NorthVanMike for taking time to add photos!! His photos confirmed my concerns about both types of bags in a push cart. I'll probably be implementing a similar system.

I was impressed with the Revolvers, the Benningtons as well as the Ogio Atlas and the Sun Mountain C-130. All have great reviews and all are tempting.

In the end- financial restraint and common sense overruled my golflust (Feel free to use my word but give me attribution! LOL!) and I did something more conservative. Don't you HATE it when common sense and restraint win the day? ARGH!

ANYWAY... After searching sites for days and reading reviews by the 100, I ended up ordering a leftover 2008 BagBoy NXO Clip-Lok. I won't like it as well as ANY of the above bags, but in the end rockbottomgolf.com's $89 with a free shipping coupon won the day. (sigh)

ON THE OTHER HAND- I took what I SAVED and ordered an IGolf Neo from amazon.com for $106 w/ free shipping!! :banana:

So... I'd RATHER have had a Pro Revolver or a new Bennington QO-10 and a uPlay Pro system GPS, but on the other hand I only spent $196 instead of $650. That extra $450 will pay for quite a few rounds of golf which will probably help a rookie's game a LOT more than fancier golflust toys!

Thanks again for all who have helped. Now I'll be ready to UPGRADE to a NEWER, FANCIER bag next year! GOLFLUST- there's no help for it.

Last edited:
Its a great bag. You will love it.

Its a great bag. You will love it.

Thanks for the help, the input and the affirmation! I appreciate your helpful, encouraging attitude.

Pinged,Golfgirl has a Clip-Lok, as i mentioned in my post. it's not a Revolver, but i sure like the look of it too. it has a solid look to it, yet it's smaller than a Revolver which is easier to lug around.

Image63.jpg

Back