Bernhard Langer off the tee....

titleist981

Reaction score
Would you enjoy the Masters the same if all the players hit it as far as Langer off the tee? About 274 yards....Just noticed that he's hitting last on most holes.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope.

DG_1234

Reaction score
Handicap
Would you enjoy the Masters the same if all the players hit it as far as Langer off the tee? About 274 yards....Just noticed that he's hitting last on most holes.
I would enjoy it more. Driver wedge or short iron is not as interesting as watching some mid and long iron play.

LLIB

Unfittable
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I don’t know but I love the fact he has an Adams Idea Pro hybrid from 2005/6 in the bag

echico

Morgan Cup 2021 - Team Paradise
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I love the current game so no. The NBA, NFL, MLB are all different games then what they were when I grew up in the 80's and 90's. Training and equipment has evolved so the game has evolved.

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Sure, but ONLY because its the masters. I have crazy respect for how that guy plays this course. But I don't need to see everyone play it that way. It was fun in November watching him and Bryson play each other because the styles couldn't be any more opposite. On that day Langer got the better of him and it was interesting. But the reason it was interesting and fun was because of the differences in their style.

blugold

Autobots, roll out!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 or so.
Nope. I would find something else to watch.

showtime

Reaction score
Handicap
It's cool to see Langer do it because everyone else hits it long. If everyone could only do that, it would make watching less enjoyable.

titleist981

Reaction score
i think that i could watch the masters but other tournaments is a toss up. masters have killer par 3s. the course is beautiful.

Daddio

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Total respect for Langer and his ability to play well despite being under gunned vs most in the field. But I get my fill of short knocker golf when I'm at the range and golf course. I prefer the elite pros hit incredible shots the rest of us couldn't even dream of. Especially at a major, since those are the only events I watch.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Total respect for Langer and his ability to play well despite being under gunned vs most in the field. But I get my fill of short knocker golf when I'm at the range and golf course. I prefer the elite pros hit incredible shots the rest of us couldn't even dream of, especially to win a major.
Nobody tunes into a NBA game to see a set shot :ROFLMAO:

Mark_UK

Legal Alien
Reaction score
Handicap
NCGA 12.8
I like seeing folk hit it miles. I find it more exciting to watch someone go on a charge hitting birdies and eagles everywhere rather than who makes the most pars (US Open, I’m looking at you!)

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I wish I could drive that ball that far and that consistently .

Desmond

Is it the score or the adventure
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Workinonit
I don’t know but I love the fact he has an Adams Idea Pro hybrid from 2005/6 in the bag
Seriously? He said that he was using a Tour Edge Exotics Pro 4H from last year.

NVGOLFER80

Only the Strong.
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I don’t know that I would enjoy it more or less.

Desmond

Is it the score or the adventure
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Workinonit
Sure looked like the Adams yellow
Who knows what these guys do? But he was on TGC saying that the TEE 4H is what got him interested in signing with Tour Edge - it was small and looked like the Pro version.

TCB2010

How good do the HMB’s look?!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Sure, but ONLY because its the masters. I have crazy respect for how that guy plays this course. But I don't need to see everyone play it that way. It was fun in November watching him and Bryson play each other because the styles couldn't be any more opposite. On that day Langer got the better of him and it was interesting. But the reason it was interesting and fun was because of the differences in their style.
Anyone on tour is complete opposite of Bryson imo. Which is a great thing for the other side as in the rest of the tour guys. I don't watch Bryson and if everyone else was like him I'd quit watching...

LLIB

Unfittable
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Who knows what these guys do? But he was on TGC saying that the TEE 4H is what got him interested in signing with Tour Edge - it was small and looked like the Pro version.
Looks like an Adams

D8738047-C37F-4740-ABC8-B85C42A1F57D.jpeg

DG_1234

Reaction score
Handicap
Langer also said that 5 months ago he was paired with Rory at Augusta and stuck a Tour Edge #4 hybrid four feet from the hole. However. Langer's 2020 Masters WITB reads Adams Idea 18* and 22* hybrids. I guess it is possible that Langer is a liar.

TexasHacker34

SVP - Jordan Speith Fan Club
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending ^
Langer also said that 5 months ago he was paired with Rory at Augusta and stuck a Tour Edge #4 hybrid four feet from the hole. However. Langer's 2020 Masters WITB reads Adams Idea 18* and 22* hybrids. I guess it is possible that Langer is a liar.
It is also possible he used the Tour Edge stuff on the Champions Tour, but decided to throw the trusty Adams Hybrids back in

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It is also possible he used the Tour Edge stuff on the Champions Tour, but decided to throw the trusty Adams Hybrids back in
Or that the Darrell checks before the tournament begins and he changed clubs. Happens quite a bit. We had one earlier this year where all of the media reported a change, the Darrell showed a change, but come Friday morning through Sunday, he had gone back.

NeverWiff

Reaction score
Handicap
12.9 GHIN
I would enjoy it more. Driver wedge or short iron is not as interesting as watching some mid and long iron play.
I have to agree with this.... Understand that the game (at the pro level) is becoming a bit more of a driver/short iron exhibition.... but that certainly doesn't interest me as much as watching guys use all the clubs in their bag to navigate a tough course. The way i look at it, most people want to see these guys really work for it, if not actually struggle (just like we do) and Augusta National, or a US Open, are about the only the venues most likely to make that happen.....

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in