Bernhard Langer off the tee....

titleist981

Reaction score
Would you enjoy the Masters the same if all the players hit it as far as Langer off the tee? About 274 yards....Just noticed that he's hitting last on most holes.

Nope.

Would you enjoy the Masters the same if all the players hit it as far as Langer off the tee? About 274 yards....Just noticed that he's hitting last on most holes.

I would enjoy it more. Driver wedge or short iron is not as interesting as watching some mid and long iron play.

I don’t know but I love the fact he has an Adams Idea Pro hybrid from 2005/6 in the bag

I love the current game so no. The NBA, NFL, MLB are all different games then what they were when I grew up in the 80's and 90's. Training and equipment has evolved so the game has evolved.

Sure, but ONLY because its the masters. I have crazy respect for how that guy plays this course. But I don't need to see everyone play it that way. It was fun in November watching him and Bryson play each other because the styles couldn't be any more opposite. On that day Langer got the better of him and it was interesting. But the reason it was interesting and fun was because of the differences in their style.

Nope. I would find something else to watch.

It's cool to see Langer do it because everyone else hits it long. If everyone could only do that, it would make watching less enjoyable.

i think that i could watch the masters but other tournaments is a toss up. masters have killer par 3s. the course is beautiful.

Total respect for Langer and his ability to play well despite being under gunned vs most in the field. But I get my fill of short knocker golf when I'm at the range and golf course. I prefer the elite pros hit incredible shots the rest of us couldn't even dream of. Especially at a major, since those are the only events I watch.

Total respect for Langer and his ability to play well despite being under gunned vs most in the field. But I get my fill of short knocker golf when I'm at the range and golf course. I prefer the elite pros hit incredible shots the rest of us couldn't even dream of, especially to win a major.

Nobody tunes into a NBA game to see a set shot :ROFLMAO:

I like seeing folk hit it miles. I find it more exciting to watch someone go on a charge hitting birdies and eagles everywhere rather than who makes the most pars (US Open, I’m looking at you!)

I wish I could drive that ball that far and that consistently .

I don’t know but I love the fact he has an Adams Idea Pro hybrid from 2005/6 in the bag

Seriously? He said that he was using a Tour Edge Exotics Pro 4H from last year.

I don’t know that I would enjoy it more or less.

Sure looked like the Adams yellow

Who knows what these guys do? But he was on TGC saying that the TEE 4H is what got him interested in signing with Tour Edge - it was small and looked like the Pro version.

Sure, but ONLY because its the masters. I have crazy respect for how that guy plays this course. But I don't need to see everyone play it that way. It was fun in November watching him and Bryson play each other because the styles couldn't be any more opposite. On that day Langer got the better of him and it was interesting. But the reason it was interesting and fun was because of the differences in their style.
Anyone on tour is complete opposite of Bryson imo. Which is a great thing for the other side as in the rest of the tour guys. I don't watch Bryson and if everyone else was like him I'd quit watching...

Who knows what these guys do? But he was on TGC saying that the TEE 4H is what got him interested in signing with Tour Edge - it was small and looked like the Pro version.

Looks like an Adams

D8738047-C37F-4740-ABC8-B85C42A1F57D.jpeg

Langer also said that 5 months ago he was paired with Rory at Augusta and stuck a Tour Edge #4 hybrid four feet from the hole. However. Langer's 2020 Masters WITB reads Adams Idea 18* and 22* hybrids. I guess it is possible that Langer is a liar.

Langer also said that 5 months ago he was paired with Rory at Augusta and stuck a Tour Edge #4 hybrid four feet from the hole. However. Langer's 2020 Masters WITB reads Adams Idea 18* and 22* hybrids. I guess it is possible that Langer is a liar.

It is also possible he used the Tour Edge stuff on the Champions Tour, but decided to throw the trusty Adams Hybrids back in

It is also possible he used the Tour Edge stuff on the Champions Tour, but decided to throw the trusty Adams Hybrids back in

Or that the Darrell checks before the tournament begins and he changed clubs. Happens quite a bit. We had one earlier this year where all of the media reported a change, the Darrell showed a change, but come Friday morning through Sunday, he had gone back.

I would enjoy it more. Driver wedge or short iron is not as interesting as watching some mid and long iron play.

I have to agree with this.... Understand that the game (at the pro level) is becoming a bit more of a driver/short iron exhibition.... but that certainly doesn't interest me as much as watching guys use all the clubs in their bag to navigate a tough course. The way i look at it, most people want to see these guys really work for it, if not actually struggle (just like we do) and Augusta National, or a US Open, are about the only the venues most likely to make that happen.....

I'm same age as Bernard. Wish I could hit it 274 with him....He made the cut last year...That's just insane.

Back