GraniteRoost

Flying Rocks
Albatross 2023 Club Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
Nostalgia time - lots of us have fond memories of Beryllium Copper irons and wedges. That technology is no longer available, but how many of you still own old BeCu clubs, or played them in the past? What were your favorites? If you still have them - post up pictures!

My story - I played a Cleveland 485 56* BeCu wedge throughout junior golf. It is probably probably my most prized wedge. I always lusted after the original 588, but the 485 is what I had and it actually worked too well for me to kick out of the bag. It remains in the garage to this day... tomorrow I think I am going to dig it out and hit some balls.

I’ve always wanted a set of BeCu Eye 2’s.

Aaaaaaalways.

I have owned some solid copper putters in my day.

I had one of the Tommy Armour Be Cu Drivers. I can recall playing it in 1991.

I never understood the appeal of copper material irons and, or, putters, because their impact sound is harder/louder than steel.

Do not currently own any but once owned a couple of Be Cu Cleveland wedges.

I had mentioned this yesterday or today about ping bc irons.
There was a guy on the golf team 23ish years ago that had them and I was in awwww.
Over the years it’s crossed my mind to pick up a set for fun.
Threads like this make me just go buy them!
Thanks for posting!

I had one of the Tommy Armour Be Cu Drivers. I can recall playing it in 1991.

Played those for a while too. I think my father still has my old set.

Never had them. I always admired them from afar

Ping eye?
ping zing?
ping isi?

whats your poisonings

I wasn’t playing back in those days but I love me some copper.

I have made a ton of hand made markers, and some machine assisted, but still hand crafted ball markers over the years. Just not all BECu

My first real set of clubs, used to have a set of these - Slazenger Seve Ballesteros XTC ironsseveall.jpgsevefaces.jpgseveheads.jpgsevehighheads.jpgsevelowheads.jpg

Nostalgia time - lots of us have fond memories of Beryllium Copper irons and wedges. That technology is no longer available, but how many of you still own old BeCu clubs, or played them in the past? What were your favorites? If you still have them - post up pictures!

What tech isn't available?

Love the look of BeCu. It’s part of the reason I went with the HiToe wedge - closest I could reasonably find.

I still have my old set of BeCu Eye 2. 1 iron thru SW. Awesome clubs. I played a round on the sim with them yesterday. I think I got them in 1986.
Also have a set of Be Nickel ISI’s. Those are pretty sweet clubs, too.

I had the iSi BeCu - wish I still had them.

Back