Best Apple Watch GPS App?

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you guys have any recommendations for a good golf GPS App for an Apple watch? This season I want to try playing smarter and aim more for the center of greens instead of at the pin each time. That means using my rangefinder less and a GPS more. I'm curious if anyone has experience and can recommend a quick and accurate app?

I’m curious about this too!

While I use Arccos on my phone and Apple Watch, I did use Golf Logic a bit last year and thought the technology was very good. The program is better suited to a larger screen, but did work well for my watch.

Reactions: KEV
I use "Golf GPS", you can load club data or the app will load for you. Way more features than I use. I use it on my I phone 11 pro in "range finder" mode.
When I approach the ball it gives me the distance to the pin or a lay up point I decide on and recommends a club based on that distance and info you provided. I then decide to "club up or down based on wind, or up/down terrain.

I've been using Track my Golf for a couple years and it works well for the most part.

I use Golfshot. I mainly only use it on the watch to glance at while I’m walking up to my ball so I have an idea of yardage.

I tried 18Birdies but had problems getting it to load. Have Golfshot now but only the free version which gives you the middle yardage only.. Guess I will stick with my Garmin watch and wear 2 watches......NERD ALERT

I use Golfshot and love it, great on the iphone and nice apple watch interface

Has anyone tried GolfPad on their watch? I use it on my iPhone and it is by far my favorite and easiest for me to use. Thanks

While im watching this, another question. Any difficulty golfing with the apple watch on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While im watching this, another question. Any difficulty golfing with the apple watch on?

I started wearing a GPS watch probably 6 years ago and it took maybe a round to get used to and since then it hasn't bothered me a bit. It's actually a little weird when I don't have it on these days.

I started wearing a GPS watch probably 6 years ago and it took maybe a round to get used to and since then it hasn't bothered me a bit. It's actually a little weird when I don't have it on these days.

Thats what i needed to hear. Had it on whil swinging my whip and it felt awkward

Tried using my Apple Watch a few times, and was not happy with the couple apps I tried. Ended up biting the bullet and going with a garmin golf watch, and have been very happy.

Tried using my Apple Watch a few times, and was not happy with the couple apps I tried. Ended up biting the bullet and going with a garmin golf watch, and have been very happy.
That's what I'm wondering if I should do. I've tried a couple apps in the past and they seemed slow to lock on yardages. I used to have a Bushnell watch and loved it but the battery wouldn't hold a charge anymore.

Is Apple Watch the best one to use for GPS?

I'm not really sure on that. I think a dedicated GPS Golf Watch is ideal but I'm not sure how an Apple Watch would compare to other smart watches.

I wear a Garmin watch which is as heavy or heavier than the Apple Watch. No difficulties. Once you get used to it, you don't even notice it's there except when you look at it for yardages. I golfed once without it and really missed having it.

I tried Swing U since I was very happy with the mobile app on my phone. Not so much with the Apple Watch app. I ended up just using my phone...

I’m going to try two systems this year though. Firstly is Arccos. We’ll see how that works once the sensors can be installed. And secondly will be using a laser rangefinder.

I’m hopeful for the watch app, but also concerned since I’ve read they all drain battery a lot.

You guys that wear the Garmin watch, which one do you use? I was looking at the simple one as I only want distances myself and don't care for all the bells and whistles.

They had the Samsung golf watch edition on sale ...anyone pick that up or use the Samsung golf app?

I don’t mind playing with my Apple Watch on. I have flipped the face orientation so that the buttons are away from my hand. I was accidentally pressing them at times during some shots. I also take it off for sim or range sessions where I’m hitting a lot of balls.

You guys that wear the Garmin watch, which one do you use? I was looking at the simple one as I only want distances myself and don't care for all the bells and whistles.

I have the approach s62. I like all the bells and whistles :LOL:. It’s been great for the course, as well as going on walks or bike rides.

Back