Best balls for slow swing?

TxAggie2018

Reaction score
I'm a triple digit player with a ~80 mph driver swing speed. I've been making my way through a pack of Callaway Supersofts and have really liked them. Nice bright color to find my mishits, great feel on contact, good distances, they've been playing well. I am usually a "play whatever I find on the course" kind of guy and don't worry about the specific ball I have. But these balls have set themselves apart from the normal hard two-piece stuff you find stuck in the bushes at the muni.

Before I put down $25 on another pack though, I just want to know, is there any other balls in this category that are worth trying out? I can go above that price as well if something is really going to game. I've liked the Chromesofts I've played...

Supersoft is a great ball, IMO - hard to beat it for the price, and I think it plays as well or better than some balls that cost more. The Srixon Soft Feel is very similar, if you feel like trying something different. Also very much worth trying is the Bridgestone e12 Contact.

I played supersofts today for the first time and really liked them. Tough to beat for the price.

Low compression golf balls are supposed to be much better for slow swingers ... Srixon Distance and Taylor Made Distance+ have done well for me too... a slow swinger ... senior ...

Good Golfing ...

i'd say whatever feels good to you...but my immediate input is srixon soft feel.

I like the Srixon Q-Star, Q-Star Tour and, the Cut Grey for softer balls with good performance.
Srixon is great if you can get the buy 2 get one free, same with Cut.

Let's stay in the lower budget category...

Assuming you don't want, need or know how to spin the ball around the green, the SuperSofts are a good ball.

Try Srixon Soft Feel (similar ball, less expensive)

I'd also get a dozen of the Snell Get Sum ($21), and if you like them, buy the value pack (5 dz for $85) https://www.snellgolf.com/products/get-sum-value-pack-5-dozen

I'm a triple digit player with a ~80 mph driver swing speed. I've been making my way through a pack of Callaway Supersofts and have really liked them. Nice bright color to find my mishits, great feel on contact, good distances, they've been playing well. I am usually a "play whatever I find on the course" kind of guy and don't worry about the specific ball I have. But these balls have set themselves apart from the normal hard two-piece stuff you find stuck in the bushes at the muni.

Before I put down $25 on another pack though, I just want to know, is there any other balls in this category that are worth trying out? I can go above that price as well if something is really going to game. I've liked the Chromesofts I've played...

If you're interested in trying Srixon they usually have a buy 2 get 1 free a couple of times per year...

Here's what I found off of the internet for softer compression balls.

The Callaway Supersoft is a 38 compression
TaylorMade Tour Response is a 40 compression
Wilson Duo Soft is a 40 compression
Wilson 50 Elite is a 50 compression
Bridgestone e12 soft is a 50 compression
Titleist DT TruSoft is a 60 compression
Srixon Soft Feel is a 90 compression

To me it looks like the Callaway Supersoft is about the softest ball you can get. You already know you like it. I'd pick up a few dozen more. But it's always good to have options and trying different golf balls can be fun!

I played the Wilson Duosoft Optix for a while. Plays very similar to the Callaway. Only difference to me, is that the Wilson feels softer off the putter.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I too have a low SS. My home course is littered with hazards, and as a result I find a lot of golf balls, which gives me the opportunity to try just about every one being manufactured.

In my experience I have found that regardless of the ball they pretty much go the same distance off the tee. Where I notice a difference was around the green. A premium ball is much more responsive. After much experimenting I achieved the best results with the ProV1x. I don't have to pay for them as I find them on the golf course.

Big Callaway Supersoft fan as well. When $$$ are tight, I’ll buy and use Maxfli Softfli golf balls. Pretty darn close IMO. DSG runs specials on Softfli’s that are really good deals.

Pretty sure the Soft feel is 60 from what I could find. Great ball though and I play it regular. Bonus you can find the old ones for $19.99 and the new for $21.99

Softest ball ever played. TopFlite Flawless. Very inexpensive. Especially if bought used in mint condition. It’s a ladies’ ball. Whatever,

I wouldn't put it past the internet to have conflicting information on the compression number for the Srixon softfeel.

If you're interested, the Bridgestone e6 Lady Precept is a soft ball. A lot of the sales are by men for themselves even though the ball is marketed as a ladies' ball.:confused2:

Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but the Precept Laddie is another soft ball worth trying if you want to experiment around and try them all (I think the current incarnation is called the "Laddie Extreme").

I've tried most of the softer/lower compression balls at one time or another (slow swing speed here too), and my favorite right now is the e12 Contact. It's a close battle with the Supersoft, which I played as my main ball for several years.

You might want to try the Callaway Supersoft Max. It is a slightly larger ball (still within regulatory limits though). I find it has all the positive characteristics of a regular Supersoft but is just slightly more forgiving.

You might want to try the Callaway Supersoft Max. It is a slightly larger ball (still within regulatory limits though). I find it has all the positive characteristics of a regular Supersoft but is just slightly more forgiving.
The Max is the ball I now play. I'm hitting a lot more fairways. Have plenty of Supersoft on hand. Very good ball for me. Two sleepers are the Wilson Staff Elite 50 and Taylormade Noodle long & soft . Both inexpensive budget balls that when you lose one you don't feel guilty. Both give the golfer very good feel off the tee and fairway. The Noodle gets a bad rap but the price you pay for a dozen is hard to beat. The Elite 50 scuffs easily but is great around the green and I pay 12.50 for a dozen at my Walmart. Great balls for swing challenged seniors.

Good Golfing

Last edited:
Let's stay in the lower budget category...

Assuming you don't want, need or know how to spin the ball around the green, the SuperSofts are a good ball.

Try Srixon Soft Feel (similar ball, less expensive)

I'd also get a dozen of the Snell Get Sum ($21), and if you like them, buy the value pack (5 dz for $85) https://www.snellgolf.com/products/get-sum-value-pack-5-dozen
I agree with all of those. I am mostly playing the Srixon Soft Feel right now, but I have played all of the ones you mentioned and they were fine for my game. My other favorite is the OnCore Avant55. Really good ball for the price, and if you join their loyalty program they have discount tiers that could really save you if you stock up.

Srixon Q Star tour are great balls. And now they have the 2 color balls. I like the orange/yellow ones

You can't go wrong with Srixon SoftFeel, Callaway Supersoft, or Wilson Duo.

I found the Callaway Hex Tour Soft to be a good ball. I’m sub 100 mph SS. I get great distance and they stop on the green well. I ve bought them for $49 2 dozen at Costco when they have them

If you're interested in trying Srixon they usually have a buy 2 get 1 free a couple of times per year...

To me it looks like the Callaway Supersoft is about the softest ball you can get. You already know you like it. I'd pick up a few dozen more. But it's always good to have options and trying different golf balls can be fun!

Soft Feel is 60 compression with a great yellow color. For me that is a perfect compression number, not too mushy like a Duo or too hard like a SuperHot. Have enjoyed the Soft Feel for a few seasons and now transitioning to Costco Ksig, a urethane ball at a very low cost.

I found the Callaway Hex Tour Soft to be a good ball. I’m sub 100 mph SS. I get great distance and they stop on the green well. I ve bought them for $49 2 dozen at Costco when they have them

Are these the ones? E34CAD9A-4C85-4C12-AB91-E1FACBFFA901.png

Right now I have an ~90mph driver ss and I have so far only tried the Callaway Supersoft and the Srixon Soft Feel. Soft feel is ok for me but sacrificed distance and accuracy compared to the Supersofts. Next on my list to try are the two Wilsons and the Bridgestone e12 Contact.

Back