Best Carry Bag You've Used?

OGIO Grom, a very close second would be the OGIO Ozone.
I always thought the GROM was heavy especially compared to the Tour B Bag Smiter mentions.

Walked a lot more rounds this year due to course restrictions and a desire to do something with my life. While I love my MNML and Stitch Golf carry bags, I'm wondering what you all prefer? Should I go with a PING Hoofer Lite next year? Something else?

my only experience is with the TM Flex Tech and Crossover...both leave me underwhelmed with their craptacular dividers...I was looking at trying out the MNML....or an SM

Hoofer. Part of it is I like maintaining a 14way.

The best to me was the Ogio Silencer Stand bag. Unfortunately it’s not currently being produced.

I’ve been content with the SM 4.5 LS 14 way stand bag, but if you put it in a cart it’s sub-optimal. It doesn’t fit as well, moves around, and if you over tighten the cart strap it crushes the bag and makes it difficult to get clubs in/out of it. I didn’t have those problems with the Silencer Stand bag.

My all time favorite was the SunMountain Swift at 2.5 pounds with a bit smaller opening. I haven't been able to find anything close. Lately I have been using a Ping Moonlite which most people would consider a Sunday bag. I want my carry bag to be as light as possible with a double strap. If looking at a stand bag I would look pretty hard at the Hoofer CrazE Lite. There is an Ouul bag that weighs in at 2.4 pounds with a stand but I have never seen one in the wild.

Bridgestones 2019 TourB bag.

Light. Stout. Comfy. Plenty of room for everything. Even though 90% of my in season rounds are in a cart I don’t even bother switching back to my cart bag.
Wow. They have these in my nearby course's pro shop for something like $160, which is economical for a stand bag. Looked good, but I decided to take a pass because I hadn't been able to find a single comment or review on them anywhere.

How do they work on a cart, @Smiter?

Hmmm... Doesn't appear to include a rain hood, or even have a provision for one? (Not necessarily a show-stopper. I can probably persuade my lovely and loving wife to put her awesome sewing skills to work. A little Sunbrella and some stitching should do the trick.)

Last edited:
*ping* @Smiter: See previous post/question.

Hmmm... Doesn't appear to include a rain hood, or even have a provision for one? (Not necessarily a show-stopper. I can probably persuade my lovely and loving wife to put her awesome sewing skills to work. A little Sunbrella and some stitching should do the trick.)

You could always get one of the generic elastic covers like this one:

Golf Push Cart Bag Rain Hood by ProActive Sports

Sorry missed this. Been a couple crazy Covid-tastic days at work. I’ve spoken to more VP’s and up level folks in the past two days with my company than I have the last 15 years combined. Can 2020 just kiss my ass and move on?

Moving on, you know I don’t know on that one.

Lemme hit you back in a few once I go check it out. I remember covering them during a passing shower once but I might have used my rain gear or something.

Ok, mine definitely has the buttons for it. I didn’t find the hood in my bag which isn’t real surprising with all the gear I’ve got around here, and I wasn’t going to tear it all apart. I’m pretty sure it came with one, I recall having to cover it once. I “think” I may have given it to my HS golfing son as it fit his bag and he was without?

All I can say for sure at this point is it’s fit for one so it likely had one at one point.

(Oh yeah @Hamfist I finally found that mystery bottle opener-the missing one from The Match 1 at DRGC).

So most of us that carry try to find a bag that is as light as possible; do you find as a result that the legs don't always work as designed? Obviously to cut weight they have to take something out, and I think the rods that stiffen the bag are target #1.
I had an OGIO years ago that no matter how I set it down/pushed down on it/twisted it the legs would not kick out far enough to support it. 90% of the time it would just fall to the ground.
The Titleist Players 4 bag I bought isn't quite as bad, although one leg is not kicking out properly. Going to need to deal with the retailer on that.
My SM 4.5 was bulletproof; if I can't get the Titleist to work properly I'll buy another one of these.

So most of us that carry try to find a bag that is as light as possible; do you find as a result that the legs don't always work as designed? Obviously to cut weight they have to take something out, and I think the rods that stiffen the bag are target #1.
I had an OGIO years ago that no matter how I set it down/pushed down on it/twisted it the legs would not kick out far enough to support it. 90% of the time it would just fall to the ground.
The Titleist Players 4 bag I bought isn't quite as bad, although one leg is not kicking out properly. Going to need to deal with the retailer on that.
My SM 4.5 was bulletproof; if I can't get the Titleist to work properly I'll buy another one of these.

Late 2018 I bought 3 39.99 DSG Closeout Maxfli Carry bags. Not a bad choice for $40.00, but the legs on it looked like a flamingo’s. They could barely take the full load of 14 clubs, a water and 6 balls (I’ve lost more than that, lol).

Then the nice people of THP and Bridgestone invited me to an event. Bridgestone sent me a 2019 TourB Carry Bag.

Oh man, what a difference. I was getting tired of bending the legs on the Maxfli bags back into place about 3 times each a round.

When I say it was a genuine upgrade, I mean it. It’s light, reallly light. But it’s support system will easily carry 20 clubs, 2 dozen balls, 1/2 a gallon of water, 1/2 a gallon of whiskey (or lemonade if you prefer) and whatever other crap you can jam into it.

titleist players 4 & ping hoofer

The other question I had, @Smiter, was how well it works on a cart?

A lot of carry bags, being of lighter build, don't hold up well to cart straps being made real tight on them. They collapse, making it difficult to get clubs in and out. Another frequent complaint is the organization of the dividers, being meant more for use as a stand bag, aren't optimal on the back of a cart. And often one or more pockets are blocked by the cart strap.

Tried to stop into the course's pro shop on the way back from my haircut, but it was closed already.

Thanks for the tip, @-CRW-!

TaylorMade FlexTech Lite bag has a great pocket set up and a very nice 4 way divider.

The other question I had, @Smiter, was how well it works on a cart?

A lot of carry bags, being of lighter build, don't hold up well to cart straps being made real tight on them. They collapse, making it difficult to get clubs in and out. Another frequent complaint is the organization of the dividers, being meant more for use as a stand bag, aren't optimal on the back of a cart. And often one or more pockets are blocked by the cart strap.

Tried to stop into the course's pro shop on the way back from my haircut, but it was closed already.

Thanks for the tip, @-CRW-!

I have a nice cart bag, I haven’t switched back to it since I’ve had the Bridgestone.

It has a 5 way top (feeling that is right, it’s not 14 way for sure). The only issues I’ve ever had were when I jam too many clubs in the same divider or when I have the 5.0 grip on a putter. Sometimes that’s a little tough to pull off, especially when I jam too many clubs and it into the same divider, lol.

I’m not the most organized golfer. My clubs don’t have specific spots they have to be in.

I am currently really pleased with my Jones Utility Trouper. I was really impressed with my buddies stitch SL2, but just can't justify the price at this point. The MNML is intriguing but at that price i need to see it in person. Also, for being mnml it is way heavier than I would have thought.

Best all time was the nike hyperadapt, wish I wouldn't have sold that off, such a good bag.

Ping Hoofer is always tough to beat. I've not tried the Lite version, but love my standard model.

I used a Ping Hoofer this year and carried it many rounds. Great bag. Comfortable straps and a solid leg system. In the past I have used a Sun Mountain 3.5 and then a 4.5, and those are nice carry bags as well.

I have a nice cart bag, I haven’t switched back to it since I’ve had the Bridgestone.

It has a 5 way top (feeling that is right, it’s not 14 way for sure).
Cool. Thanks for the info.

The bags they have at the course pro shop are 14-way, which is what I prefer.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

The bags they have at the course pro shop are 14-way, which is what I prefer.

Mine isn’t but I can provide pics if helpful. I’d spend 2 hours looking for the right slot if I had a 14 way. I prefer fewer options but need to remember to not cram 9 clubs into the nearest slot.

My bag is sad, BTW. It had a wonderful THP towel on it. Proudly displayed. I can imagine the wind catching it and it flying in a baby draw fashion out behind me.

But damnit. I have lost my THP towel. That was a personal treasure.

We need more THP gear. If we ain’t buying, shame on us, but I’ll rock every reasonable priced piece of gear I can. I’m now down to socks. Maybe a logo ball or so if I dig deep.

Obvious answer here. More THP gear. Am I not a man of the people??

I like my Vessel Lux Lite carry bag. Super comfortable straps, storage for everything I need & had a good experience working with them.

SM4.5LS

Back