Best Carry Bag You've Used?

I absolutely love the pocket layout of my Srixon Z-Four golf bag, but I don't love the dividers. Regardless, I'll take a slight divider inconvenience in exchange for the exact pocket layout I want. I like the glove pocket, tee pocket, phone pocket, and rangefinder pocket specifically.

I’d spend 2 hours looking for the right slot if I had a 14 way. I prefer fewer options but need to remember to not cram 9 clubs into the nearest slot.
Well, see, there ya go: With a 14-way bag ya don't have that problem. One slot, one club. A place for every club, every club in its place :) (Though with my current bag I have managed to jam two in the same spot a couple times.) No huntin' for clubs.

I absolutely love the pocket layout of my Srixon Z-Four golf bag, but I don't love the dividers. Regardless, I'll take a slight divider inconvenience in exchange for the exact pocket layout I want. I like the glove pocket, tee pocket, phone pocket, and rangefinder pocket specifically.

Translation: I love this bag!!!!!

Minus divider but it doesn’t matter, I love this bag!!!!!

I can’t pick out anything I don’t like about my current carry bag. A 4pk will fit but a 6pk won’t? The 4pk was tight too. That’s the only negative but most good beer is sold in 4pks or less.

Well, see, there ya go: With a 14-way bag ya don't have that problem. One slot, one club. A place for every club, every club in its place :) (Though with my current bag I have managed to jam two in the same spot a couple times.) No huntin' for clubs.

If only! There shall be no order in my bag. If I’m dumb enough to cram 7 clubs in the same slot, then that’s my problem. I can see a 14 way just absolutely screwing with me mentally.

At least now I know if my GW isn’t in sight I either left it on the prior green or it’s hiding in shame behind my drivers headcover.

SM 3.5LS with zero gravity hip strap. Takes all the weight off my shoulders so I don't get tired throughout my round.

I am a big fan of my Big Max Dri Lite Hybrid. Reasonably light, yet durable and even water resistant. 14 way divider (but you can also find versions with less dividers) and if you prefer a nice selection of colors. Makes carrying the bag 18 holes absolutely comfortable.

I have a Titleist Players r Sta-Dri and I really like it. The only thing is the water proof zippers are really tight and the one on the ball pocket broke. Definitely a minus there, but everything else works quite well

I use a SM 4.5 and ride probably 80% of my rounds. I don’t have any issues of the cart strap being too tight or covering up pockets because I use a Bag Bolt. It holds your bag in place without even having to use the strap. I just lightly clasp the cart strap in case the Bag Bolt were to ever break.

I am a big fan of my Big Max Dri Lite Hybrid. Reasonably light, yet durable and even water resistant. 14 way divider ...
That looks pretty good. Too bad it's apparently available only via direct sales. I like to be able to lay my hands on things before laying my money down :) But if the Bridgestone TourB doesn't work for me, after all, maybe I'll order one.

Nike Air Hybrid 14. It was my favorite bag because it had all the features I used. I carried a lot of rounds with it. Miss that bag and now I see they have back on the Nike App. Ponder mode.

I am in the camp that doesn’t love 14 dividers. I like simplicity and light weight in a carry bag. I don’t want to carry the extra weight.

My SM bag is beginning to show some stress, so I could be in the market in the next year or so. If I were looking today, I'd lean toward the 4.5LS, only because I'm more likely to use a push cart than to carry. True walkers would probably look at the 3.5 or 2.5.

My last 3 bags have been SM, and they've lasted 6-8 years before starting to show signs of wear.

But I'll also look at the Hoofer. Ping seems to have addressed a lot of what had me shy away fro them in the past.

I've been using a MNML golf bag to carry all year and have been a big fan.

Waiting on new SM C-130S for leg update? Thanks again to @MaybeDuffer for the heads up there.

I've been using a MNML golf bag to carry all year and have been a big fan.

I am intrigued.... please tell us more? Did you go tech package or no? White or black? how has it held up?

ouul golf bags

Please consider these I won a blue navy one and had a slight issue and they gave me fabulous overnight free service and are light and well made. Always had Ping or Titleist before but this lighter, and more innovative as far as pockets etc.

119$ now

Walked a lot more rounds this year due to course restrictions and a desire to do something with my life. While I love my MNML and Stitch Golf carry bags, I'm wondering what you all prefer? Should I go with a PING Hoofer Lite next year? Something else?
Ping Hoofer!!

Had Pings’ (many) over years, and Ouul makes a far superior bag at far less cost IMO. The sun mountain bags good in past but have not seen any.

I am intrigued.... please tell us more? Did you go tech package or no? White or black? how has it held up?
Have given much thought to the walk18....I carry often. 85 rounds this year and 63 were carrying. 5 were caddy carried. The real issue with carrying isn't when the bag is on and you are walking. It's the multitude of times it is a short walk/carry so you just arm it or hitch one shoulder. The approx. 150 times a round it goes on/off the shoulders and many times you are moving as you place the bag into proper spot, shoulder straps twist etc...So for me I have a system of lifting with left arm slinging right arm and moving while left arm shoulder connects. It is all these movements which lead me to think the walk18 while it would lessen load once attached....I spend almost as much time with my bag not quite fully attached and walk18 adds a couple pounds to the bag. So @mancest what are your thoughts on this?

Sun Mountain 2.5. Glad I picked one up before the pandemic as it was awesome for the rounds early in the season when we walked all the time. It works well enough on a cart but it’s nice to know that I can walk with a full set of clubs in it and not worry about the weight.

I don’t have any issues of the cart strap being too tight or covering up pockets because I use a Bag Bolt.
That looks like a neat solution. Thanks for mentioning it.

In case anybody else is interested: BagBolt

Whatever u use (I favor ouul.com bags) recommend go with ten clubs or less - for most does not hurt game and may improve! I walk with at most 9. Driver, strong 5 wood, hybrid, 6, 8, w, Sw putter and lob wedge or AW depending on course and still have single digit game. Makes walking a dream. Enjoy shotmaking! I still occasionally hit driver off deck and eagled par five a few years ago using. 63 and going strong.

Late 2018 I bought 3 39.99 DSG Closeout Maxfli Carry bags. Not a bad choice for $40.00, but the legs on it looked like a flamingo’s. They could barely take the full load of 14 clubs, a water and 6 balls (I’ve lost more than that, lol).

Then the nice people of THP and Bridgestone invited me to an event. Bridgestone sent me a 2019 TourB Carry Bag.

Oh man, what a difference. I was getting tired of bending the legs on the Maxfli bags back into place about 3 times each a round.

When I say it was a genuine upgrade, I mean it. It’s light, reallly light. But it’s support system will easily carry 20 clubs, 2 dozen balls, 1/2 a gallon of water, 1/2 a gallon of whiskey (or lemonade if you prefer) and whatever other crap you can jam into it.
Is this the bag you speak of? Bridgestone Bag

Have given much thought to the walk18....I carry often. 85 rounds this year and 63 were carrying. 5 were caddy carried. The real issue with carrying isn't when the bag is on and you are walking. It's the multitude of times it is a short walk/carry so you just arm it or hitch one shoulder. The approx. 150 times a round it goes on/off the shoulders and many times you are moving as you place the bag into proper spot, shoulder straps twist etc...So for me I have a system of lifting with left arm slinging right arm and moving while left arm shoulder connects. It is all these movements which lead me to think the walk18 while it would lessen load once attached....I spend almost as much time with my bag not quite fully attached and walk18 adds a couple pounds to the bag. So @mancest what are your thoughts on this?

Not a bag but an addition that can be used with pretty much any bag. My experience is it does everything it is designed to do, but as someone who runs hot I didn't enjoy having the harness on my entire back making me run even hotter. I haven't used it much since no water on the course has taken me back to using my clicgear with a cooler attachment so I can drink enough during a round.

I’ve enjoyed my Linksoul Linksoldier bag. Lightweight with enough room to carry all I need.

Back