Best Carry Bag You've Used?

Is this the bag you speak of? Bridgestone Bag

Here it is in comparison to my old Maxfli, so it’s close to the one you posted.

C707D4E6-48EB-4941-8AC2-B97533A291AC.jpeg

Weighs about the same (feels like a buck nothing when empty) but you can see that the legs are a lot sturdier.

Here’s the other side of it..

006C3871-CBEE-476C-9C72-7010E489601B.jpeg

I love it although I did offer it to another THP’er as he has more use for a full time walking bag than I do. That kind of seems to be the THP way. 95% of my rounds are spent riding in season and if I’m playing a closed course over the winter, I probably am only taking 8-10 clubs anyways so could easily put them in the old Maxfli. I do have a nice cart bag too that I’d have used primarily.

Last edited:
I see lots of positive feedback on the Hoofer and Hoofer lite but the website say that they are 5lbs, which seems on the high side of a lighter weight carry bag. The Player4 is about 3.8, SM 3.5 is 3.5lbs etc. 1.5lbs is pretty significant I think. Hoofer just overcome it for some reason or what is the groups thoughts.

I see lots of positive feedback on the Hoofer and Hoofer lite but the website say that they are 5lbs, which seems on the high side of a lighter weight carry bag. The Player4 is about 3.8, SM 3.5 is 3.5lbs etc. 1.5lbs is pretty significant I think. Hoofer just overcome it for some reason or what is the groups thoughts.

SM 3.5 is an excellent bag

I don’t think 1.5# is that significant if there are elements that make it sturdier, etc.

Once it’s loaded it’s going to weigh a lot more than that unless someone likes to be dehydrated. I’d guess my bag weight when playing at 30# or so to start. Just like me, lots of that is water weight. Works out as by the end of the round, it doesn’t weigh as much.

I don’t usually care but when carrying it, that’s a lot of weight to walk 6 miles or so.

Funny thing. I’ve personally dropped about 70# of body weight. I could carry my clubs no problem then. 18-27, no worries.

Dropped 70# and can barely make it through nine carrying. Lots of trauma since then, but still. This should be easier.

I don’t think 1.5# is that significant if there are elements that make it sturdier, etc.

Once it’s loaded it’s going to weigh a lot more than that unless someone likes to be dehydrated. I’d guess my bag weight when playing at 30# or so to start. Just like me, lots of that is water weight. Works out as by the end of the round, it doesn’t weigh as much.

I don’t usually care but when carrying it, that’s a lot of weight to walk 6 miles or so.

Funny thing. I’ve personally dropped about 70# of body weight. I could carry my clubs no problem then. 18-27, no worries.

Dropped 70# and can barely make it through nine carrying. Lots of trauma since then, but still. This should be easier.
Lighten bag carry 8-10 clubs and you will likely score similar - I bet my ouul python bag (Highly recommend) when I walk with water, snacks clothes is easily 20 Llbs or less and a little heaver with umbrella. Great on weight loss down 30 myself

It also depends on how well the bag balances while carrying. I'm not as big of a fan of the latest Hoofers/Hoofer Lite strap system, which isn't as conducive to carrying with one strap (like from green to tee or just repositioning around the green) but with both straps they balance really well and I don't notice the weight difference.

Three rules:

1. Go light but not at expense of not having enough pockets etc. Consider how many clubs you really need and go from there.
2. On a stand bag the quality of the stand (foremost), umbrella holder, and the strap system is key.
3. Look for good warranty and customer service. Bags, straps etc break or bend and some will stand by it and some wont.

I have had very good luck with two companies: Titleist and especially recently ouul.com bags. (python 2.5 lb model is super IMO) Not so good with two others won't name.

I went. I saw. I put my clubs in it to test...

IMG_1951-18pct.JPG

...and there they stayed :)

I was right about the price: They had it tagged for $160. $90 off Bridgestone's site's price. Better yet: After I'd finished testing it and looking everything over (did include a snap-on rain hood, btw), said "Nice price on this bag and I like it. I"ll take it," the guy walked over, looked at the price tag, said "$150 out the door." Whoo hoo!

Walked out and put it on a cart to test. Sits nicely, though may lose access to one of the pockets while it's strapped-in. Cart strap did not collapse the top, so I don't think the bag bolt will be necessary. (I may try one, anyway.) Older ladies setting out in some carts next to me, and one of 'em said "Try it sideways." That worked even better.

Something else: I'll have to try taking it for a walk, but strapping the thing on, fully-loaded, doesn't feel all that bad. I think I could probably walk at least nine with it. Almost certainly can if I take @Rummpd's suggesting and drop a few clubs. Feels like it one-shoulder slings at least as nicely as my old single-strap bag, too.

I'm no expert, but I've been looking at bags a lot the last couple weeks and this may be golf bagdom's best kept secret. Had I not spotted it entirely by chance at my local course's pro shop and @Smiter not mentioned it, it might have remained that way for me.

Bridgestone sells great stuff period- not surprising looks so good

Back