Best Chicken Tenders

I haven't ordered a thing of chicken tenders outside of a ballpark in about a decade, or more. So I just don't know.

I've never had the tenders there.

They sell a burger with an egg on it. End of review.
That burger isn't terrible... I wouldn't say it's top notch but it's still decent.

Best tenders I've had are Zaxby's from a chain.

I'm sure there's a thread on this but I'm lazy. Where's your favorite place to get chicken tenders? This is important research for me, so please don't let me down.

Here you go. (This photo is from Comicon in NYC last year, which is something my kids will NEVER drag me to again).

The dude won "Who wants to be a Millionaire" and started a food truck. Can't make it up.

IMG_0468 2.JPG

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 5.04.54 PM.png

I've never had the tenders there.

They sell a burger with an egg on it. End of review.

Red Robin is a place where you might satisfy your appetite but your sacrifice your soul. Also Burgers should not have eggs.

There was a place in Syracuse that claimed to have "The Best Tenders on Earth" - Tully's. They were really good, but I don't know if I'd go that far.

Raisin' Cane's.

Raising Cane's easily has the best ones, but you have to eat them as fresh as possible.

Zaxby's hands down has the best for any regional chain i've had. Doesn't even need the zax sauce, which is good.
I agree and Zaxby's is way better than Cane's.

Wendy’s, I know their nuggets but whatevvvs....
Arbys is a close second.

Never been wowed by any chain's tenders. Some sauces good/great and if fried in fresh oil they can be really good.

There's a place at a gas station a friend of ours picks up a couple of buckets of tenders a couple times a year. Really good. Not sure what their secret is but guessing they change the oil regularly or at least filter it properly.

I made a batch a few weeks ago. Buttermilk, flour, egg white, panko in a cast iron skillet. Our quarantine pals loved them...

I’ll go with zaxbys. They’re good for a chain restaurant

I have to say, mine are actually what the family want when I say what about chicken tenders tonight’s... YES is the answer!
pretzel crusted chicken.
Jalapeño pretzel bites
Sourdough pretzel pieces

Zaxby’s
Guthries
Chic-fil-A

Any good frozen options?

What part of the chicken is the tender?
Here are pics showing the tender. It's loosely atrached to the breast when you break down a whole chicken into 8 cut( 8 pieces, 2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drums, 2 wing portions). I just happened to have a chicken ready for butchering.

Attachments

• 20200519_004148.jpg
    20200519_004148.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200519_004140.jpg
    20200519_004140.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 3
Here are pics showing the tender. It's loosely atrached to the breast when you break down a whole chicken into 8 cut( 8 pieces, 2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drums, 2 wing portions). I just happened to have a chicken ready for butchering.
I’ll tell you what - this surprised the heck out of me this morning

Needs breading. Or marinating for grilling.:D

Gonna be buttermilk marinated today then turned into fried chicken. Made some the other day and want more. The breasts won't be fried though, they will be pan seared.

I have a lot of tasting to do.

Back