Best Comic Book Movies BEFORE Marvel Ruined Everything.

I actually rewatched Batman (1989) at my parents house on VHS over Thanksgiving. That is a great movie with lots of great lines. As others have said, Conan, Superman, and Spawn were well done.

Last edited:
Batman 1966
Batman 1989
The Incredible Hulk TV movies (Return,Trial, Death)
Superman 1978
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1990
The Watchmen

I'm don't know much about comic books. Not since I was in grade school anyways.

Two movies I've seen recently i liked are Iron Man, and RED. I thought the first RED movie was entertaining. RED 2, not so much. .
Neither of those meet the criteria in the first post.

I don't know anything about comic books, but I can piece together when a movie is made from one (most of the time)

Marvel ruined everything?

I think you mean: “before Disney ruined everything...”

I think you mean: “before Disney ruined everything...”
Marvel still operates as its own studio, even if they're owned by the mouse. It's Marvel's fault - Disney just introduced them to the world of merchandising.

Rise of the Silver Surfer...I know, I know...Fantastic 4...but if they made a Silver Surfer movie, well....it would automatically become my favorite

Rise of the Silver Surfer...I know, I know...Fantastic 4...but if they made a Silver Surfer movie, well....it would automatically become my favorite
I thought that movie was terrible, but Fantastic Four wasn't that bad. I mean Jessica Alba was always fun to watch.

Marvel ruined everything?
I think I smell what you're cooking and I agree. I love what Marvel did. To me it's like an expansive movie series with one world where a lot of stuff is going on. I loved it. I think Marvel took comic book movies to the next level instead of ruining them.

I thought that movie was terrible, but Fantastic Four wasn't that bad. I mean Jessica Alba was always fun to watch.

I hate Alba in that role...I just want a Silver Surfer movie ;)

I enjoyed the Punisher with Tom Jane. I just looked at it as an action/revenge flick and thought it was decent.
I really liked Punisher and Batman. Batman with Ben Afleck or Rob Pattinson...puke.

I think I smell what you're cooking and I agree. I love what Marvel did. To me it's like an expansive movie series with one world where a lot of stuff is going on. I loved it. I think Marvel took comic book movies to the next level instead of ruining them.
I'm not here to argue that as I'm not, in any way, shape, or form a comic book guy. I enjoy the suspension of disbelief that comes with watching movies, and I feel that making the Marvel universe (or any story universe for that matter) takes away that aspect.

The only way I can put that into perspective is by referencing Star Wars. "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" - It creates a fairytale sense in your brain that this really happened within the realm of reality. It's weird for me to say this, as I am not a star wars fan, and don't like to give that series a lot of credit.

I really liked Punisher and Batman. Batman with Ben Afleck or Rob Pattinson...puke.
I'm quite intrigued to see what Matt Reeves is doing with The Batman. A friend of mine is working on it and says it's pretty good. Now it's possible to get caught up in what you're doing and believe that the final product will end up great, but as a Batman fan, I'm going to give it every chance I can.

Same as a bunch. Liked the Toby Spiderman series

LOL, Marvel Studios made everything better.

Back