Best Concert seats you ever had?

You better hurry. He might be singing Maragaritaville from a wheel chair soon. He was “old” when I saw him in ‘92
Sadly, he'll probably end up in my Prince, Michael Jackson, George Michael file (dead before I got the chance to see them).

Sadly, he'll probably end up in my Prince, Michael Jackson, George Michael file (dead before I got the chance to see them).
I had good seats a few times at Tom Petty, thank God.

Does backstage count with Bob Seger? My wife’s brothers wife’s sister is married to him.

I'm glad I caught Willie Nelson, BB King, and Tom Jones when I had the chance. 2 are still around but gotta get those shows in

Front row, Def Leppard Hysteria tour. The stage setup was “in the round” in Lakeland, Florida. Queensryche opened the show. I can still remember damn near every detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does front row for Rodney Dangerfield count?

It does but you probably won’t get any respect for posting that.

I'm glad I caught Willie Nelson, BB King, and Tom Jones when I had the chance. 2 are still around but gotta get those shows in
That's awesome! There are two shows my mom dragged me to that I wanted NOTHING to do with. Tom Jones and a Willy and Waylon show. I wsa so pissed before both of them (I was a metal kid, what can I say). Ended up LOVING the Willy and Waylon show. Tom Jones I wasn't as excited about. Don't get me wring the guy was an incredible talent but the cool thing for me was getting to watch my mom see her teen crush and how excited she was was really, really cool. Still one of my favorite memories with her.

Allman Brothers, Minneapolis, standing by the front of the stage edge. Mush pit area first row.

Frank Zappa, Eau Claire, the right center of stage edge. A young John Denver was the warm-up act. He played three songs. Got up and committed, "Guess you guys are not into this", and left.

Saw Prince twice first was diamonds and pearls tour , 10 metres from front of stage .. watching a master at work .
Did get to see him again , we were located 30 metres from stage .

Nothing closer than. Those events

Front row, Def Leppard Hysteria tour. The stage setup was “in the round” in Lakeland, Florida. Queensryche opened the show. I can still remember damn near every detail.

I saw them on both the Pyromania and Hysteria tours. Both were great shows but they had "made it" by the Hysteria tour. On the Pyromania tour they were still hungry, and it showed. Great live band.

Speaking of a band that was "hungry", Cinderella wiped the f***ing floor with Bon Jovi when they opened for them. Such a kick ass Rock and Roll band. The worst thing that anyone convinced them to do was to dress up in all that glam purple sh!t. It was an absolute disservice to who they really were. They were a kick ass band that looked like every other "let me look as much like a girl as possible" band that was flooding the Sunset Strip back then. I wasn't a Cinderella fan when I went to that concert (for all the reasons listed above) but I certainly left that show as one. Great, great hard rock band.

One seat from the floor at Michael Buble. A close second would be the seats we had at the Grand Ole Opry when Hunter Hayes, Chris Janson and Keith Urban were playing

I saw them on both the Pyromania and Hysteria tours. Both were great shows but they had "made it" by the Hysteria tour. On the Pyromania tour they were still hungry, and it showed. Great live band.

Speaking of a band that was "hungry", Cinderella wiped the f***ing floor with Bon Jovi when they opened for them. Such a kick ass Rock and Roll band. The worst thing that anyone convinced them to do was to dress up in all that glam purple sh!t. It was an absolute disservice to who they really were. They were a kick ass band that looked like every other "let me look as much like a girl as possible" band that was flooding the Sunset Strip back then. I wasn't a Cinderella fan when I went to that concert (for all the reasons listed above) but I certainly left that show as one. Great, great hard rock band.
I saw Van Halen on their 1978 World Tour, in support of their first album. They opened for Black Sabbath, and completely blew them away. So hungry, such high energy, it was an amazing show. They opened with "On Fire", and the crowd was going nuts right from the start. There were a lot of hardcore Sabbath fans there who were actually booing Sabbath after seeing Van Halen's set.

Limited concert 100 guests with Tim McGraw
4EBB6B98-5923-4690-9DCE-F975529D18C1.jpeg

I've had many shows where we had GA and stood front row which is incredible.... Never have I had anything within 30 rows of places that had actual seating though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Before I give my answer you need to understand something about me. I’m a trumpet player and was a performance major in jazz studies before I switched to computer science.

So with that background it may be easy to understand when I tell you that my best concert seats were literally front row center for the master, Doc Severinsen. About 5.5 years ago just before moving south, in Detroit’s Orchestra Hall. Doc was probably 88 years old at the time and still sounded fantastic, and put on one hell of a show. He has been my trumpet hero since I was 8 years old. Even today at 94 he’s amazing.

Last edited:
I’ll also throw out there the show I took my mom to see. Tony Bennett, Detroit Fox Theater, front row center mezzanine. Tony was great and the sound was phenomenal.

Before I give my answer you need to understand something about me. I’m a trumpet player and was a performance major in jazz studies before I switched to computer science.

So with that background it may be easy to understand when I tell you that my best concert seats were literally front row center for the master, Doc Severinsen. About 5.5 years ago just before moving south, in Detroit’s Orchestra Hall. Doc was probably 88 years old at the time and still sounded fantastic, and put on one hell of a show.
Yes!!! Glad you shared this! Pretty awesome

Had 5th row center VIP tickets for almost 20 years for Country Jam here in CO & for 3 years that they had Rock Jam.

Still wanna see Jimmy........
I saw him totally by chance in Nashville a few years back (2013 I want to say). I had to go out there for work, and a coworker and I flew in a day early so we could get downtown and check things out. We take a shuttle bus from the hotel downtown and on the way the driver is talking about him playing that night at the arena there. We step off the bus and there's a guy scalping tickets. My coworker buys a couple for 25$ each. I was sure they were going to be fake, but he wasn't concerned for the price. So we go have some drinks at a few places and make our way to the arena. Low and behold, the tickets were legit and damn good seats. Was a very fun show and evening.

The guys from Default had one heck of a backstage crew at a show in Detroit. Thank goodness there are no pictures to be used as evidence

I was a roadie for decent stretches of my youth. I saw hundreds from every spot around the stage you can imagine.

Front row, center stage for NIN and David Bowie.

Back