Best Cooler for Golf?

OITW

Reaction score
Just curious what other THPers are using For golf coolers and which ones are the best?

I've been using the cooler built in to my Ping cart bag. I don't bring more than 3 water bottles for a round and they easily fit along with a frozen bottle or ice.

A full one?

Sorry, since I don't have any specific recommendations, it's all I had...

I use a cart for virtually all of my rounds, so I use the cooler on the cart and the ice provided at the course. Other than that, my golf bag has an insulated cooler pocket with built-in drains which I'll occasionally throw a couple drinks in.

Don't use one. My buddy slides one in his bag that he hides beers in. Looks like what @BuckNasty posted above. I would guess you will have to go with something like that as every single course I have ever played has a sign that says "No Outside Coolers"

Don't use one. My buddy slides one in his bag that he hides beers in. Looks like what @BuckNasty posted above. I would guess you will have to go with something like that as every single course I have ever played has a sign that says "No Outside Coolers"

Some states it’s fine others it’s not. Within those states that it’s fine, it’s likely then course policy. When the courses around here start stocking something other than Coors Light, Budweiser, and White Claw, and instead have an Imperial Stout on the menu, I’ll stop sneaking in a beer or two.

As a usual walker I use the insulated drink pocket of my bag to throw a couple beverages in.

I don't know of any course around me that allows outside coolers. Not a course worth playing anyways

The wife and I use an ogio 6-12 can cooler. Big enough for some waters and uncrustables and still folds up nice and small :)

Attachments

• d285e504-82f0-4c42-8a69-9f68a4b67a2c_1.ecb58c4ce1963f5f3b41a2f451dda71f.jpeg.jpg
    d285e504-82f0-4c42-8a69-9f68a4b67a2c_1.ecb58c4ce1963f5f3b41a2f451dda71f.jpeg.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 6
I have caddy daddy that I'll put in my bag sometimes depending on if I have to "sneak" it on a course. If it's not a big deal I use an RTIC 8 can cooler. Fits in the basket of carts and I can hang it off the back of my pushcart and it rests on my ewheels perfectly.

The caddy daddy works well but you’ll need a big bag for the 9 pack cooler. I always purchase beer at the course, the cooler usually has one or two extra in the event I drop one or a buddy needs one. I always carry extra ice, no sense it taking chances with something so important.

For my annual golf trip (dry county that recommends you bring your own adult beverages) and a few courses around my area that allow coolers. I picked up one of these.

Fits in the basket of the cart quite nicely, holds up to 50 cans and is well insulated that it keeps the ice very well. It also collapses to lay flat so storage is easy.

As a usual walker I use the insulated drink pocket of my bag to throw a couple beverages in.
A lot of the courses I play at in my area have IPAs and stouts from local brewers so I will always grab two or three at the turn as well as having some of my own on me for the round.

I have used:
Walking:
1. The caddy daddy which is perfect for keeping several cans cold.
2. Use the insulated pouch in my push cart with a cold pack

Riding:
RTIC Softpack 20 - is the same tech as Yeti and fits in the behind-the-seat basket perfectly

Some people serious about their coolers here! I used to have one that said "shoe bag" on it which I thought was amusing but it wore out. Since then, I've used this one:

Works fine with ice packs or regular old ice. Leaks just a tiny bit, but if that's the worst of it after two years, $12 well spent. Will hold a six pack of cans easily. Works great for my needs. I've found most places with 'no outside cooler' rules are usually just trying to deter people from bringing their own booze. I've had no issue getting this filled with ice, water, sodas or beers at any of the courses around here and it holds ice way better than a plastic bag.

The Yeti Hopper Flip 8 fits perfectly in a golf cart basket....it will hold 6 beverages and enough ice to keep it cold for 24 hours. The downside is it expensive. If you want low cost then Callaway golf cart cooler is great. It will leak after a while but has nice capacity and folds up to fit in your bag. It will keep your stuff cool long enough for a round of golf.

Last edited:
If the course allows a cooler, I use an ozark trail softside cooler. It holds a 12 pack, holds ice as well as my Yeti, and fits perfectly in the basket on the cart. If I'm walking, I use the cooler on my Ping bag.

Two options for "concealable" cooler ... Might need to clear out most everything in your stand bag if you want to make this work. Tight fit/caddy towel over the top.

I use the Caddy Daddy 9 pack cooler. I also have the 6 pack cooler...both work fantastic. I went with the 9 pk, because its a bit deeper front to back and I found I can fit cans AND water in it, and gatorades if needed. It's just a few inches deeper, but that makes a huge difference. My son uses the 6 pk now for his drinks. Both work great and keep water and bottles cold through at least 10 holes and cool for the entire round.

Definitely a great product!

I have a Callaway clubhouse cooler that works really well. Others I’ve played with have a smaller yeti or Rtc cooler.

Back