Best country club for "Young Executive" in Charlotte, NC?

Bumping this again.. new to Charlotte and would love this information if you still have it!

@all, if anyone has anything they can share about their experience, I live in uptown Charlotte and am dying to join somewhere w/in a 30ish min drive.

Thanks all

Check out Pine Island if you are out that way.

Hello Everyone, Not to ask for a 20th time but we are new to the northside of Charlotte and are looking for a club. We have 2 younger kids and I am under 40. Would love the excel sheet and any thoughts. Peninsula Club and River Run are close to our house but we are open.
Northstone would be your best bet up that way.

New to the forum and new-ish to the area. Been in Charlotte for a year now. Moving to concord next month. Looking for a young professional membership up that way. Not opposed to other parts of the area for the right price. Any up to date Info would be great as prices have gone up everywhere. Thanks in advance.

New to the forum and new-ish to the area. Been in Charlotte for a year now. Moving to concord next month. Looking for a young professional membership up that way. Not opposed to other parts of the area for the right price. Any up to date Info would be great as prices have gone up everywhere. Thanks in advance.
Would contact Cabarrus CC ASAP. I think they are about to go to a waiting list/increased initiation.

Cabarrus is the local one in Concord supposedly really nice, just upgraded the pool not long ago.

Has anyone on here been able to get onto CGC's waiting list or gotten an update from any member on what the waiting list is?

I've been in Charlotte for 5+ years but have just gotten to the point where I'm ready to join a club and I have the time where I'll be able to use it. I've gotten updated details from Cabarrus CC, Pine Island, and Cedarwood over the last few weeks but CGC would be at the top of my list for sure.
Cab cc is the only 1 not on a wait-list I think at this point.

Has anyone on here been able to get onto CGC's waiting list or gotten an update from any member on what the waiting list is?

I've been in Charlotte for 5+ years but have just gotten to the point where I'm ready to join a club and I have the time where I'll be able to use it. I've gotten updated details from Cabarrus CC, Pine Island, and Cedarwood over the last few weeks but CGC would be at the top of my list for sure.
It’s about three years the last I heard. Might be even longer now.

What are the updated rates? I called Piper and they say it is 30k. Any updates on local Charlotte memberships would be great. I would like to start taking my 13 year old on the course more often? Also these 3-5 year waiting periods? My son will be in College by then LOL!

I’ve belonged to Providence and Firethorne. Feel free to reach out if I can be of help.
I’m an old executive but I’d say cedar wood is a great choice. Great golf course with good practice areas. A friend who was at Firethorne moved closer to River Run and really likes it. Good deals out there.

It's amazing how things have changed since this thread was created in 2019. Golf really exploded during and after COVID. I'm still at MPCC, but all I do there is play golf. It's way too crowded and getting tee times is like getting Taylor Swift tickets.
I still think there are some good clubs one can join that are affordable and don't have multiple year wait lists. However, they're pretty far from uptown Charlotte. My experience over the years is membership of clubs close to the inner city only declines during economic recessions. Thankfully, (fingers crossed) it looks like we have avoided that for now.
Good luck to all of you who are searching. As an avid golfer joining a club was one of my best decisions both for me and my family.

Sharing the information that I've received thus far. I am hopeful that this will be helpful to others in the future.

Club
Membership Type
Initiation Fee
Monthly Dues
Other Dues
Notes
Ballantyne Country Club
Young Executive Golf Membership (age 21 to 36)

$3,500

· Ages 21-28: $422.50 (includes monthly dues, capital reserve fees, & dining service fee)
· Ages 29-35: $578.75 (includes monthly dues, capital reserve fees, & dining service fee)

None

· Includes green fees, court fees, and range program
· Cart fees are $45 on weekend and $35 on weekdays

Cedarwood Country Club

Young Professional Membership (under 40)

$5,000

$375

· $40 (restaurant minimum)
· $25 (capital dues)

None

Firethorne Country Club

Young Associate Golf ONE (age 24 to 39)

$2,500

· Ages 24-32: $393
· Ages 33-39: $465

· $120 (quarterly food minimum)
· $200 (annual range fee)

· Includes benefits of ONE network and My Community Charlotte area

The Palisades Country Club (awaiting response)

The Peninsula Club

Young Professional Golf (age 21 to 39)

$7,500

· Ages 21-35: $386
· Ages 36-39: $482

· $40 (house fee)

None

Pine Island Country Club

Young Professional Membership (age 21 to 35)

$2,000

$259

· $150 (quarterly food minimum)
· $25 (monthly capital fund fee)
· $25 (handicap fee)

None

Raintree Country Club

Young Executive Membership (under 40)

$1,500

· Ages 23-29: $277.46
· Ages 30-40: $363.83

· $126.50 (quarterly dining minimum)

· Young Executive Members pay equal annual installments of their Full Initiation fee until their 40th birthday

River Run Country Club

Junior Executive (under 30)

$5,000

$378

Unknown

· Includes benefits of ONE network and My Community Charlotte area

TPC Piper Glen

Junior Charter Golf ONE Membership (under 40)

$7,500

$360

· $150 (quarterly food and beverage minimum)

· Access to golf and practice facilities weekdays anytime and weekends after 12 p.m.
Funny seeing this bumped years later. Wow how things have changed. Half of these scratched the young exec memberships altogether.

Funny seeing this bumped years later. Wow how things have changed. Half of these scratched the young exec memberships altogether.
Can confirm there are none. I looked everywhere

Are there any updates to this list? I did notice Pine Island still has a Young Exec membership, but I'm pretty sure its no longer $2500

Are there any updates to this list? I did notice Pine Island still has a Young Exec membership, but I'm pretty sure its no longer $2500
The only ones I am aware of have continued to increase! Hopefully someone else has better news to contribute.

The only ones I am aware of have continued to increase! Hopefully someone else has better news to contribute.
Just found this on reddit from 3 months ago....

Cedarwood - Young Professional (under 40) is $40k initiation (half now, half at 40) and $440 per month

Palisades - Associate (30 and under) is $5k initiation and $350 a month. At 31 you become a junior until 40 and monthly is $380

Pine Lake - Junior Associate (21-33) is $6.5k initiation and $425 a month

Raintree - Young Executive (under 40) is $30k initiation (half now, half at 40) and $429 a month

Firethorne - No associate/young executive, but do allow you to split the initiation fee half now and half at 40. $25k initiation and $740 a month

TPC Piper Glen - No associate/young executive. $35k initiation and $795 a month

Thanks for updating! I also know Palisades is $10k if over 30

Only reason I want to join is to have more options to play. I can't get on any public courses mid week anymore. Everything has to be scheduled a week in advance

Yeah, the public courses do get pretty backed up. I know a decent number of people joining courses a little ways outside the city for that reason. They'd rather have a cheaper club that they can get on at any point.

Back