Best Course Management Book

alistaird

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Larger...
All

If I can't improve my swing, I should be able to improve my course management!!!

Any suggestions for an informative read?

Thanks A

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Get the free first month of the Foundations version of DECADE. You will learn a TON! I am a believer.

Get the free first month of the Foundations version of DECADE. You will learn a TON! I am a believer.
I've had this page saved in my browser for a week. Guessing you'd recommend it based off that post.

I've had this page saved in my browser for a week. Guessing you'd recommend it based off that post.
I have been using it for the last year, and it really works well for my analytical self. Just like there is a correct decision for every hand of blackjack, you learn how to arrive at the correct target. Then commit and accept the result.

I have been using it for the last year, and it really works well for my analytical self. Just like there is a correct decision for every hand of blackjack, you learn how to arrive at the correct target. Then commit and accept the result.
You had me at blackjack

Ditto

Thanks

Is there a list of courses for the Yardage Book functionality or do you make your own through Google Earth?

Thanks

A

Thanks

Is there a list of courses for the Yardage Book functionality or do you make your own through Google Earth?

Thanks

A
Why don't you PM me whatever course you're interested in, and I can see if it is available? I am not sure of UK availability. Reaching out to their support always seems to yield a quick answer for me as well.
However, since you do better teaching a man to fish, you will learn how to use google earth/maps to plan your way around any course.

I agree with DECADE. A book that is similar and also compliments is Lowest Score Wins

100% agree with DECADE (also look for podcasts with Scott Fawcett on to get a good rundown on it). The other books I would recommend:

1."Lowest Score Wins" (Barzeski & Wedzik)
2. "The Four Foundations of Golf" (Jon Sherman)

If you want to dive into strokes gained then Every Shot Counts by Mark Broadie is the "bible" that e.g. DECADE builds on.

100% agree with DECADE (also look for podcasts with Scott Fawcett on to get a good rundown on it). The other books I would recommend:

If you want to dive into strokes gained then Every Shot Counts by Mark Broadie is the "bible" that e.g. DECADE builds on.
Just reading the Four Foundations of Golf... Will look into the others.

Thanks
A

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

100pct agree on these two suggestions. Read both and they are incredibly valuable in helping you improve and play to your abilities.

By the way, not a bad book, I would say funny. In fact, I would also like to find such a book. Because lately I've been paying for research papers, using https://paperell.net/pay-for-research-papers for that. And on the one hand, I like it, because I don’t do anything for this. On the other hand, I would like to find the information myself and do it myself.
Yeah, I’m too

Last edited:
Back