Best equipment change 2021?

Sadly we only had two weekends where the courses have been open this year, and this weekend has been full of rain. However I have been swinging in my garage and at the range. And my recent acquisition of two Cleveland CBX2 wedges and their results have been jaw dropping. They appear to be much more forgiving than any other wedges I've played and stay on line extremely well.

I am playing an almost totally updated bag. Cobra SZ irons and Driver. Their wedges too. Even the bag is new (Stitch SL2)
If nothing else I gained street cred for how they look.

Super Hybrid. Hands down.

Going from midsize grips and flat lies back to standard in both. I did it to minimize my overdraws but it led to big pushes that led to flips and/or an over the top move to save the big right shot. Scores are getting back to what I expect.

I went back to the 48” putter and my putting has improved dramatically. I have made a couple of other small changes to the bag but this has had the most impact.

Choosing One Length for the Morgan Cup.

Not sure if it's the chicken or the egg, but the combination of B21 driver and UST LIN-Q Gunmetal shaft has turned driver from a major liability to asset.

My Maverick pro Irons are best move I made in a long time. No need to switch them out anytime soon. Distance and forgiveness total package.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Switched the entire bag except for putter to Cobra. Love the feel, sound, distance and my game. I am working on the SZ Hybrid. It plays hooky on me a lot. As in hooks dead left. The wedges are lasers.

Putting the Tour Edge C721 driver in the bag is by far the best move of 2021 for me.

So far, replacing my Epic Flash Driver, which I really loved, with the Mavrik Sub Zero. So far, so good.

Bagging a TSi2 Hybrid with the Nemesys Hybrid shaft - No Contest.
It's my "Money Club"

Back