Best equipment change 2021?

scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
For me, switching irons to Srixon ZX5 6-AW. How about you?

I “think” it’s going to be going back to a players iron in the PTx Pros.

I had about a 30 ball session last night where half of them were that shot that shall not be called. I figured it out after that and remembered why I’m playing them. I am good enough. Ha.

Improved fitness overall has lead to a lot more baby bombs. I was getting into the 120 CHS realm again. I had to leave my feet to do it but based on carry distance I was in this neighborhood. Always fun. I’d love to see 130 again but I don’t think it’s happening. I’ll leave that for the younger pups.

New wedges!

still a little early, but currently a toss up between honma irons or the epic max.

I haven't played enough yet to figure that out yet. So far the only major change I have is a new 58* wedge I went from a PM grind to a Cleveland CBX FF. So far I like the change. The FF is better on full swings for me and I don't seem to have given anything up around the green.

The only other change I am looking at is the gap between 5i and 5w. I just reshafted a Srixon U65 20* that shows promise. I am also interested in a 7w which I will be trying to sort out.

Went back to the Spider X. Rolling it better than I was with a blade.

I changed over to Tour Edge Hot Launch E521 iron-woods and am loving them. I feel like I should have been playing them for a long time since they suit my game perfectly.

Hoping it’s my Sim2 driver. Still working on hitting it consistently but it goes way farther than my GBB Epic. Still getting used to the shaft weight

Moving from a Mavrik Sub Zero to the Sim Max-D has been so good for me. Longer, straighter, and just a ton more confidence.

Hopefully, moving to Cobra and OL will be as great of a equipment change as the whole Experience has been so far! 😎

SO far I dumped a 3h for a Titleist U500 iron and the initial results are showing I made the correct decision.

Changed driver from Titleist TS2 to a Callaway Mavrik Subzero 9*. That sucker is 🔥

Although the new Epic Max LS is a big improvement to my bag, I will have to say with only a few ruonds and 4 or so range sessions under my belt, the Apex Pro irons will be the biggest change/impact on my game.

Stealing my injured brothers 5W soon will hopefully give me a good replacement for my current FW which hates me for some reason.

So far throwing the Srixon ZX7 irons.

I like the shot distance this Japan forged driver produces :)
IMG_8868.JPG

Hopefully, moving to Cobra and OL will be as great of a equipment change as the whole Experience has been so far! 😎

my thoughts exactly! It will be my first time playingCobra clubs, plus I am going with OL.

Hopefully it will be the B21 Driver. Haven’t put it play but I am planning on having it in the bag.

Back