Best equipment change 2021?

Best change I've made so far, sorry Morgan Cuppers, was from Speedzone driver to the Epic Max LS. Love the difference in my tee game.
I can't believe how good the Epic Max LS has been for me coming from the Mavrik Max that I really liked. This driver is really good and has helped my game already and gets better every time I use it.

I can't believe how good the Epic Max LS has been for me coming from the Mavrik Max that I really liked. This driver is really good and has helped my game already and gets better every time I use it.

Glowing reviews. Tell me more. I assume LS means Low Spin?

I agree. It has tightened my spray pattern, and eliminated the big duck hook miss for me because of the sliding weight. Absolutely love it.

A little early to tell as of yet, but I have everything crossed that it will be moving to the Radspeed XB driver shortly...

Putter. I went from an old school YES! Mickelson style blade to an Odyssey Stroke Lab Marxman with a super stroke grip. The difference in stability and quality of roll is unreal.

Went to a double wide instead of a mallet. A few rounds in and so far, it’s been easier for me to hit my line. Now if I can start picking the right line and quit burning the edges. 🙄

Glowing reviews. Tell me more. I assume LS means Low Spin?
It does but it is also forgiving which for me has been a great combo. My experience has been the same as @ToddJO27b I can go after it without worrying about missing it left which had been a problem and was costing me strokes. I avoided the subzero models because although i wanted lower spin off the tee i was concerned i would not be consistent with one and be severely punished when not making good contact. Not only is this forgiving and long i am already getting more roll on my drives after good carry. I have been surprised on some drives i felt i didnt strike well with the results as they are way better than my previous misses and in play. I have been a high spin player and it has cost me off the tee in a variety of ways. I can already see the benefit of this driver. I was lucky in that I got to take a demo out to my home course and that is when I knew. Very happy with it.

Last edited:
I’ll be watching you around my bag sir. And for an “injury” to occur. I have new irons BTW.

PTx Pros are really the only change to my bag. I went back to a driver I’m comfortable with. Hitting them well’ish so far.
I had nothing to do with his injury. He and my other buddy bought the same club and, having hit both of theirs, got really good results. so, I'm borrowing it for a months long test drive.
Why the new irons? Just something different?

Switched to the Srixon Zx4 irons 4-AW. Easiest to hit long irons I have ever played. I know the lofts are jacked up but I still gained a club distance on other irons I've played with the same lofts. The feel on these forged faced clubs is an added bonus. Playing them with the Recoil graphite shafts.

I had nothing to do with his injury. He and my other buddy bought the same club and, having hit both of theirs, got really good results. so, I'm borrowing it for a months long test drive.
Why the new irons? Just something different?

New me. New swing. Fit current swing better? I dunno. Like me though they’re much better looking than last years. More speed through the ball too with a lighter shaft. I’m hitting them further than my GI set I was playing.

And just because you had nothing to do with HIS injury doesn’t mean you’ll have nothing to do with mine!

as of now, the SIM2 Max driver...but i don't know that it's the club change rather than applying my lessons to the club :oops:

so far it seems to be ditching a blade putter and using my new spider fcg or phantom x5.5

Went to a double wide instead of a mallet. A few rounds in and so far, it’s been easier for me to hit my line. Now if I can start picking the right line and quit burning the edges. 🙄
Welcome to putting.

Going back to the TourB XS
I know these compare to ProV1 with compression and spin.
I don't recall ever seeing you playing V1's, Is there something else about XS that you feel is an advantage over V1's?

Swapped my p790s for a combo 770/7mc set and am so happy I made the switch. My eyes are suited to the smaller profile and even with less forgiveness I've been striking it better.

I would have to say so far the TSi2 Hybrid.
When I go fit for it, the fitter said to me that he loved the spin numbers and that I would be able to hit into a green and hold it.
Hit a shot on Tuesday that did exactly that - Two bounces and a little roll out of a rough.

New me. New swing. Fit current swing better? I dunno. Like me though they’re much better looking than last years. More speed through the ball too with a lighter shaft. I’m hitting them further than my GI set I was playing.

And just because you had nothing to do with HIS injury doesn’t mean you’ll have nothing to do with mine!
That's a valid point.

For me, switching irons to Srixon ZX5 6-AW. How about you?

Kept my Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Driver and 3 Wood.

Ditched my Hybrid (for now)

Traded my KZG Blades for 3-PW Mizuno MP-25's. Best thing I ever did.

Ditched my Gap, Sand and Lob for some new Clevelands

Swapped my old Odyssey 2-ball for a Cleveland HB #11 Soft Premier

Got a new bag. And also some new shoes.

Not a huge fan of the 3i (in any brand), but I HATE HYBRIDS. Can't hit them worth a crap. I may, depending on how I respond to the 3i, end up swapping it out for a 7 wood.

Trying to get away from blades, went with the ZX7 irons. Also, the new Graphite Design Tour AD HD seems like a winner in my 3 wood.

I have changed out my whole bag over winter so I’m itching for the season to start and see the results

Replacing my Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour with a Tour Edge HL E521 in the 3W spot. The E521 is so easy to hit off the turf it's almost like cheating.

Probably will move to a more forgiving set up. Definitely will try the new Edge EX irons.

I've made a lot of changes and tried 5 iron sets this year, 3 drivers, 2 hybrids and some utility irons but the best change i made was my PXG blackjack putter. The mild toe hang and heavier weight seem to fit my putting stroke pretty well. Probably lost 4 or 5 strokes with that change...and putting still is the worst part of my game.

Ditching my "set" Pitching Wedge and moving to a true wedge instead. Night and day difference to the better for me.

Back