Best Feeling/Sounding Irons You Have Ever Hit?

Ben Hogan ICON are better than the OG Apex!

Hogan Apex Plus
Wilson Staff Dynapower 1965

Srixon 765's for me. The other one would be the Mizuno MP-15's, those felt amazing.

Outside of my current set, the Srixon 545/745 line was really good.

Played these in the 90's

Miura CB-201 - unlike any iron I've ever played - dense yet soft.

Last edited:
Aside from my current set, I’d say Hogan PTx irons. Superb feeling of dense power through the ball.

This one is easy. 99 Hogan Apex. I played those till they were flat worn out.
At a driving range in Staten Island a pro had a fitting cart. After we settled on a 1/2" long and the Apex 4 shaft it was an instant connection.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

The Nike Vapor Pro Combo irons were the best feeling and sounding to me.

He loves Tarentino movies too.

I'm not a Tarentino guy really. Was there a reference that I missed?

I'm not a Tarentino guy really. Was there a reference that I missed?
Oh boy..... refer to the original misspelling. Then... think of every Tarantino movie they all have women's feet prominently displayed.
Hence,,,, Jman would be a Tarantino movie buff as well.

Granted I haven't hit all the irons that are probably front runners, but for me the FG Tour V6 are the best feeling irons I've ever hit. Better than MP18 and MP20, better than Titleist, better than my old Hogans.

For me its any iron I catch in the center face and compress the ball. Since im not consistent enough to really nail down the difference from one to another...

Oh boy..... refer to the original misspelling. Then... think of every Tarantino movie they all have women's feet prominently displayed.
Hence,,,, Jman would be a Tarantino movie buff as well.

Gotcha. Even thought it doesn't look as if that was the case, it's something like that that had me wondering if I missed something. Hence the :unsure: in my original inquiry.

My current set Titleist 620 MB, followed closely by Titleist 731 PM. Also sound has nothing to do with feel.

Got to hit a friends TN87’s back in the day and as awesome as they felt, they didn’t seem appreciably better feeling than the MP33’s that were readily available at the time.

OG Titleist Black DCI. PTx Pros are a close second.

My current Callaway Apex CF19's.

This one. One of the best feeling when you flush one out of the middle. (one of the most stinging if you catch a ball thin early in the morning). Screenshot_20200329-143031_Chrome.jpg

havent hit a lot of irons... 765s are good...

@Jman 57s or CB 1008s?

havent hit a lot of irons... 765s are good...

@Jman 57s or CB 1008s?
57’s, the 1008 are good, but the difference is why they never got past being a for fun set.

CB-1008s

A set of Mizuno MP32s.

I haven’t played that many, but my current Mizuno MP-57 are amazing.

Back