Best feeling/sounding irons you have ever hit?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
What’s the best of the best that you’ve experienced?

That made it to my bag? J40 DPC still hit that magic spot for me

What’s the best of the best that you’ve experienced?

I still dream about what the P7TW 6 iron felt like when I found the center of the face when I was able to hit one at a range

• Staff
I used to have a custom set of irons made by a company called Blade Golf that were unreal. Unfortunately the leading edge was like a Ginsu knife and dug craters for me.

• Staff
The top of the mountain for me remain Miura CB57’s. Just…wow.

• Staff
I used to have a custom set of irons made by a company called Blade Golf that were unreal. Unfortunately the leading edge was like a Ginsu knife and dug craters for me.

Miura CB-201, a long time ago. They had a unique feel, very dense/solid and felt as if you had a surgeon's scalpel in your hands - very precise irons. Yes, so the interaction wasn't great but they felt so different and great.

tough call for me. i always think fondly of my time with the macgregor pro-c. more recently, it's a tough call between cobra king forged mb, and miura tc-201.

I really like the PXG 0311P Gen 3. A very very close second is the ZX7s. The way those went through the turf was like a hot knife through butter

tough call for me. i always think fondly of my time with the macgregor pro-c. more recently, it's a tough call between cobra king forged mb, and miura tc-201.
Pro-C’s were legit. Don White grinds.

I really like the PXG 0311P Gen 3. A very very close second is the ZX7s. The way those went through the turf was like a hot knife through butter
PXG’s do feel excellent imo.

Pro-C’s were legit. Don White grinds.

i absolutely loved them. mine had nippon 1150gh. SO good. i may have put an ebay bid on some sets recently.

i absolutely loved them. mine had nippon 1150gh. SO good. i may have put an ebay bid on some sets recently.
I traded for a new set when I first started playing seriously, so above my pay grade then. But now, man they’d be fun.

Honorable mention for me are the Hogan ICON’s.

The wood dowel in these made them feel special.

D4210486-BC5D-4054-B6FA-DA5167772915.jpeg

Adams Idea CMB. Absolutely butter when hit well, and had a modicum of forgiveness on marginal strikes too, particularly low or toe side. But ultimately marginal forgiveness wasn't enough for me, my game needed more forgiveness. Was sad to let them go but it was the right move for my game.

Bridgestone J40 CB.

Hard not to say the copper King Tours currently in my bag but Mizuno irons have always felt amazing to me

Some forged Callaway I hit on the screws.

more recently, it's a tough call between cobra king forged mb, and miura tc-201.
Those two are both on my list. Man it's hard to choose though. The satisfying feel range is so diverse.

Back