Best French Fry Form?

Waffle first, then curly, then beer-battered, then regular. And, since someone above mentioned dipping sauce, I like to use bleu cheese dressing.

My rankings are as follows:

Thin and fried to perfection (Whataburger does this the best, but there are other good options as well)
Natural cut
Battered and seasoned
Waffle
Steak
A raw potato
Wedges

1. Natural/standard
1. Steak/wedge
1. Curly
1. Waffle
5. crinkle-cut
27. shoestring

waffle.

I like shoestring, waffle, curly.

Not a fan of the big steak fries.

Not a huge fan of fries to be honest. Give me tots instead

Shoestring, crinkle cut or waffle is all fine; the most important thing about French Fries is the ratio of surface area to overall volume of the fry. I don't know what the magic number is, but you have to have enough crispy surface area to balance the soft, often tasteless, inner meat. Steak fries and wedge fries are nearly always wrong because that ratio is off.

Of course, that all goes out the window if the fry is undercooked (I don't know if that is a thing with In-and-Out Burger, but at least one store in Tatum Ranch in Phoenix ALWAYS served undercooked fries - sacrilege!)

Steak Fries!

Curly seasoned like they do at Arby's

While I agree that Chick-fil-a fries are not the best, I still think you're a communist for not liking them. Go ahead. Tell everyone your ridiculous reason for not liking Chick-fil-a fries.
Way too much potato for me in the Fil a fries.

I'm a thin and crispy fan. I'm not crazy. o_O

This is an impossible questions as far as I am concerned. I love so many types of French fries, I could never just pick one.
Any and ALL is the correct answer

If you've ever been to Black Sheep in Springfield, MO, then Applewood smoked would be the correct answer. Had fries everywhere and those are easily the best.

Perhaps not technically a fry, but tater tots first, waffle fries second, curly seasoned third, thin cut regular fries fourth.

Thick cut or waffle. They are also the only thing I add salt to

Thin and crispy that are well seasoned are ideal. I would take a good curly fry as well.

I tend to cook my own and you just need to make sure you give your fresh potatoes a good ice bath after you cut them to get that starch out.

Classic shoe string thin cut, cooked properly in fresh oil. Soggy fries are the worst. With the exception of steak fries, hands down the absolute worst french fry of the all by a country mile. I’ll take ore ida crinkle fries before i go near a steak fry.

Crinkle-cut. Period.

This is an impossible questions as far as I am concerned. I love so many types of French fries, I could never just pick one.
This is my answer too. I'm an equal opportunity French fry eater.

This is without a doubt the correct answer.

Back