Best French Fry Form?

While I agree that Chick-fil-a fries are not the best, I still think you're a communist for not liking them. Go ahead. Tell everyone your ridiculous reason for not liking Chick-fil-a fries.

They deteriorate quickly as they cool.

Wedge is easily the worst, although Wendy’s new fries run a close second.

1) Shoestring, well done
2) Curly seasoned
3) Crinkle cut
4) Waffle
999) Steak fries. They're like eating hot, greasy library paste.

If tater tots are allowed for consideration, they rise above all the above to claim the #1 spot - IF correctly cooked (well done, a bit crispy)

Last edited:
Crinkle, 5 Guys Cajun fries, crisp shoestring, all are great, but THE BEST?

Free fries! 😂😂

Arby's curly fries! Game. Set. Match.
In theory they can be pretty good... but the execution rarely impresses me. I'm a big potato cake fan to go with my Beef'n'Cheddar. My older son loves the curly fries though. Definitely his favorite.

Waffle fries - Chick-Fil-A is an example
Curly fries - Arby's seasoned curly fries is a good example
Crinkle Cut - Ore-Ida is an example
Shoestring - they're ok.
McDonald's and Burger King fries suck.:ROFLMAO:

English, thick cut chips/fries from a fish & chip shop 😃.
This without a doubt. The best french fries I've ever had were in the UK eating from fish & chip shops!

Waffle fries - Chick-Fil-A is an example
Curly fries - Arby's seasoned curly fries is a good example
Crinkle Cut - Ore-Ida is an example
Shoestring - they're ok.
McDonald's and Burger King fries suck.:ROFLMAO:
I think McDonald's fries are great when they're fresh and hot, but absolutely disgusting when cold.

Last edited:
In theory they can be pretty good... but the execution rarely impresses me. I'm a big potato cake fan to go with my Beef'n'Cheddar. My older son loves the curly fries though. Definitely his favorite.
I've never met an Arby's curly fry I didn't like. Other fries I'm just not a big fan of. I mean I'll it them but they I'd rather them be loaded or mashed. Oh or dipped in gravy!

Surprised so many like crinkle cut. I agree they can be good when done properly, they're almost always bland and undercooked. Braums is the worst.

I generally go for the thicker fry.

1. Steak
2. Crinkle

I'll agree that steak fries can be not good at times but when fried in good fresh oil, they can be spectacular. The oil probably gets burned up faster due to the longer cooking time.

Always been a big fan of the fresh cut fries at Penn Station. Great tasting potatoes when done right. Wedges can be great too if done right. Again the oil needs to be fresher to get it right...

I've never met an Arby's curly fry I didn't like. Other fries I'm just not a big fan of. I mean I'll it them but they I'd rather them be loaded or mashed. Oh or dipped in gravy!
Seems like we get a big gob of underdoneness too often... poor technique from the fry guy I guess...

This is an impossible questions as far as I am concerned. I love so many types of French fries, I could never just pick one.
The correct shape is the one in front of me.

Do crinkle cut chips count as fries?

1625695640348.png

This is an impossible questions as far as I am concerned. I love so many types of French fries, I could never just pick one.

This is correct. How does one decide between thin and crispy, waffle, curly, or crinkle?

Hot salty crinkles are the best.

Thin cut, but not those super skinny fries that Freddie's has. As a fry, they are not bad, but you have to grab a handful of them to get a decent amount of ketchup. The best ones are the extra crispy fast food fries from the grocery frozen section and cooked in an air fryer.

I also like Arby's curly fries with a cup of cheddar for dipping.

Long Skinny Crinkle cut are superior. Very hard to find though.

1. Steak fries... Good for soaking up the blood and grease left on the plate after a hunk of beef. Mix some salt and pepper in with the goop.. Mmmmmhmmm, that's one of my favorite things in the world.
2. Wedges... f**k KFC for getting rid of the wedges for that "original recipe" bull ****.
3. Curly... Dip that in some cheese sauce and you're having a good day.

Crispy thin followed by waffle fries!

Curly

1. Steak fries... Good for soaking up the blood and grease left on the plate after a hunk of beef. Mix some salt and pepper in with the goop.. Mmmmmhmmm, that's one of my favorite things in the world.
2. Wedges... f**k KFC for getting rid of the wedges for that "original recipe" bull ****.
3. Curly... Dip that in some cheese sauce and you're having a good day.
The KFC wedge fries were the best thing on the menu. Since they discontinued them I have not been back.

Anything without seasoning (salt is good). Love chick fil a waffle fries they are soft in the outside and crisp on the outside. I like crinkle cuts as well for the same reason. Not a steak fry fan or those wedge things from KFC

Back