Best golf around Erie,PA?

OhioGolfer

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Weather
Looking to stay within 45 minutes or so from Erie. What are the best courses up that way that you recommend?

Looking to stay within 45 minutes or so from Erie. What are the best courses up that way that you recommend?
It's about double your desired time, but Olde Stonewall is a course that is more than worth making the trip for IMO. I'm sure other THPers would back me up on this.

The upper course at Peek 'n' Peak is about a 30 minute drive and from what I remember was a solid track...

The upper course at Peek 'n' Peak is about a 30 minute drive and from what I remember was a solid track...
That's where we're going to stay I believe, we'll definitely be playing there and Whispering.

@OhioGolfer, you’ll be passing right by the house in your way there(and back) make sure you wave 🤣
If you get the chance to play Old Stone Wall, you won’t be disappointed, it is a fantastic track! Might be a little out of the way though if you’re on a family vacation.

It's about double your desired time, but Olde Stonewall is a course that is more than worth making the trip for IMO. I'm sure other THPers would back me up on this.
This was such an awesome course to play.

Although it's called the upper course, I'm pretty sure it's the only one. I think the lower course closed to be converted to a development sometime in the last ten years.

If you make it to the Kahkwa Club, tell Tommy I said hi. I played my first ever hole there and broke my first club there. It was a single day. And three holes.

Playing the Upper course at peek n'peak, whispering woods and Olde Stonewall. Thanks for the recommendations

Playing the Upper course at peek n'peak, whispering woods and Olde Stonewall. Thanks for the recommendations
Great choices. Play well.

Olde Stonewall is a must. Super tough track, but absolutely stunning. Unbelievable clubhouse (castle) and practice facility as well.

Oh have you played Fowler's Mill??

Back