Best golf GPS app for a Droid phone ??

inthehole

Holly Sonders Caddie
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 11.5
There are so many GPS apps ... just wondering if there's a basic no frills GPS yardage app that is better than the others. Thx guys

Free Caddie

thx, I'll give it a try

Golf Shot is another good one. One thing to remember is to check the options for improved accuracy or no gps sleeping. Golf Shot comes with a week trial of the Pro version. Unfortunately it rained for a week straight here, but it seems neat, but I do notice you mentioned best with no frills whatever that means.

nRange golf app works and is cheap

I have golf frontier. It seems to work pretty well. Not much to complain about. And the pro version wasn't too expensive. Also there is no membership required.

Last edited:
I'll second Golfshot, tons of features and stat-tracking with the free version, nice interface and graphics too.

Do any of these apps require cell service to work or just GPS location? My local course is far enough out of the way that cell phones only work in 1-2 spots. Which is nice for when my wife wants to call and find out why I've been gone for so long :drinks:

Do any of these apps require cell service to work or just GPS location? My local course is far enough out of the way that cell phones only work in 1-2 spots. Which is nice for when my wife wants to call and find out why I've been gone for so long :drinks:

well I know with skydroid (as I emailed him re-this), you do need a data signal to load the maps. But once thats done, you only need gps. So load the app while you still have a signal.

There's Game Golf and Swing by Swing.

Yes, a free app for Game Golf! Way to go. I just bought your product and stuck your crap in my clubs and I see this. I could have saved some money. Also, don't run this program if you're using the hardware because you could get duplicate rounds. It has a rangefinder, too. You can use the rangefinder part of it at the same time you use the hardware.

Swing by Swing -- This also tracks rounds, measures distances does bunches of other stuff. Great for practice rounds because it does course slopes, too! So you can learn your course. And best of all it's free and has Lollipop support.

I use an app called Hole 19. Pretty good no issues yet. Easy to use too

Forgot to use this app Sunday. Will try to remember for next weekends round. I may get in a round during the week, and if so, I definitely need to give this a try.

3rd the Recommendation for GolfShot
Best looking interface on app and browser. Most other golf apps look like they were designed in the 90's
Stat tracking on the website is very comprehensive.

I like Like Golf Shot, but the dispersion maps on Game Golf look like a neat tool. Gonna try that today.

I'm using Golf Shot on my Galaxy S5. I use it every round and love it. I'm still on the older version and no don't plan on upgrading to a subscription.

I use golfshot and enjoy it.

Back