Best Golf Purchase of 2020

I have made so many good purchases this year. It comes down to my lessons my Garmin watch or my CBX2/FF wedge set. I think the Garmin has been the most useful because I am quickly choosing the right club. But those are my top 3.

The Ping G400 standard driver. I mean, it's unfair how straight and long this thing is for me. I've never hit as many fairways as I am right now. The best thing to happen to my golf game in years. Hands down.

In November 2019 I did a CC full bag fitting - that was cool. It lead to me sourcing some clubs and shafts that have been fun to play with this year. If we are talking calendar 2020, then I will say the Theragun.

Got fitted for and purchased a Taylormade Spider X slant neck putter and it is amazing.

I am pretty happy with most of my purchases. My Ping Glide 3.0 wedges are amazing. I like my Mavrik Max most days too. The TM SIM fairways are also very nice. But I adore my Srixon irons. Especially the U85 4 utility. That thing is a game changer. I played a course today and I bet I only hit driver 4 or 5 times. Everything else except par 3s was a 4u off the tee.

1. Cobra Forged Pro CB/MB. I love them.
2. FSX. I would of gone insane during lockdown if I couldn't of played some sort of golf.

For equipment that I spent money on I probably have an answer nobody else will, a TaylorMade Gapr. This thing has been automatic and so easy to hit and I know exactly what I'm going to get from it every time. The Mavrik Custom is closing in on it though.

Mavrik 4W. Flight like a 5 distance like a 3.

Cleveland CBX full face 60* wedge which I had bent to 58*.

Every club I've bought this year has disappointed and not made the bag.
So I'll say my Bushnell ProXE. Love it.

For equipment that I spent money on I probably have an answer nobody else will, a TaylorMade Gapr. This thing has been automatic and so easy to hit and I know exactly what I'm going to get from it every time. The Mavrik Custom is closing in on it though.
Which Gapr did you get?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

For me undoubtedly my package of 6 lessons. It's a long road, I've had 4 but the difference in my swing and resulting shots is remarkable.
Still plenty of change needed, particularly in the length of swing but I'm really pleased with my progress.
New swing on the left.
4d41439af1daeef32253a20fcc39e9ec.jpg
9f754e65ec736cce51d369fd14148b18.jpg
7a8f8ccb25f234297ae1717301f0198f.jpg
1f3b03682eec3fffa76efabbc65bcfb0.jpg
027a2c760d190402e3e8be1511d51f2f.jpg

I recently stuck a healthy few strips of lead tape on mine (swing weight was light) and it came to life. I have the mid 4 currently in the bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: KEV
Never thought this would happen, but Titleist clubs have taken over a majority of my bag (wedges, irons, fw) and i’m really enjoying all of them. So much so that I have full intentions on buying the TSi3 driver and perhaps the fw too.

Which Gapr did you get?

I have the Mid 4. I've actually liked it so much I've thought about picking up a mid 3 to replace my trusty old Apex hybrid.

I have the Mid 4. I've actually liked it so much I've thought about picking up a mid 3 to replace my trusty old Apex hybrid.
I have the Lo 2, it is incredible when I swing well, when I don't it is very unforgiving. Recently I've been focusing on just getting my turn finished and the results truly are ridiculous.
Having said that I'd be tempted to trade it in for some more forgiveness.

Reactions: KEV
I would have to say my Garmin golf watch. To be able to see distances from anywhere on a hole and keep score... and my favorite feature, being able to see how far I hit my last shot - it's just an awesome tool on the course.

Maverick Max
Just love the extra distance.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Easily a putter someone milled and put together for me, has transformed my putting... That and a used Titleist TS2 10.5* driver with a kurokage reg shaft.... Haven't played a reg shaft in forever, but it's forced me to not overswing and my driving has much improved.

While I would like to be able to say my new T200 irons and Vokey wedges, I have to be completely honest and say that it's actually the AMT Red shafts that I just purchased to replace the shafts that they originally came with.

I know it sounds premature, but having only one round with the new shafts I can already tell 110% that I now have the correct combination.

It’s to early to tell with a quarter of the year still to come.

PXG 0211 5-PW. Liked them so much got the GW and then the SW and LW.

Like my old Ping ie1/i200, just sound and feel better.

Back