Best golf shorts that are stretchy

n3gativ3

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking for golf shorts that have a decently stretchy waist to even a mostly elastic waist

never been a fan of actually golfing in normal golf shorts, they look good and can walk around fine but I always feel constricted on tee shots when I really try,

Does anyone have any recommendations for shorts that have a lot of stretch to them almost gym short level of a stretch? They dont need to be labelled as golf shorts, just stretchy shorts with the ability to use a belt

Last edited:
Travis Matthew shorts have a lot of give in them. In fact, I wear them 2” smaller than my other shorts.

Try a tapered leg short and one size up waist. That's what I do. Works great. Since they're tapered they're not baggy so a bigger waist is no biggie.

I like Addias 365 shorts, they have an elastic waistband and easy to wear with a belt. Plenty of different lengths and colors.

I like Addias 365 shorts, they have an elastic waistband and easy to wear with a belt. Plenty of different lengths and colors.
ok sweet, i was just looking at those, wasnt sure if the waist was elastic or just had some elastic material in them

Found a pair at Sam's club a while back that I really like & need to go buy a couple more pairs. Can't remember the name of them.

ok sweet, i was just looking at those, wasnt sure if the waist was elastic or just had some elastic material in them
Also like the shirt stay tabs in them. Only shorts I wear now.

Puma Weekender shorts have become my new favorite. The only thing I don't like about them is the mesh pockets. Mesh and sweaty hands don't mix very well during a round of golf. But they are the most comfortable and stretchy golf shorts I've ever worn.

Under Armour iso chill. Extremely stretch everywhere. Plus bonus points for being water repellent and extremely breathable.

Haggar active wear (can’t remember the exact name)

Recently got some Dockers Straight Fit Supreme Flex Ultimate Shorts and really like them. They have a nice amount of give to them.

I ran into some at Walmart...yes Walmart a few weeks ago.
They looked good, had a few different colors and since they were less than $15 a pair, I figured I would get a couple and try them out.
They are now my favorite golf shorts. Just enough stretch for comfort and not feel like a girdle, but not bulky.

I found some nice shorts at Costco that are a poly/elastane type fabric and are stretchy. They have silicone in waist band as well to keep shirt tucked. Not bad for $15.

Puma Weekender shorts have become my new favorite. The only thing I don't like about them is the mesh pockets. Mesh and sweaty hands don't mix very well during a round of golf. But they are the most comfortable and stretchy golf shorts I've ever worn.
Mesh pocket bags? Do your tees poke through, or is it more tightly woven than that?

I've always worn clothes that are too big for me and belted up. I hate tight clothing. Especially for golf.
I've liked the Adidas pieces I have. (y)

Because of Covid and my laziness, I've gone one size up - I like liteweight shorts that one can wear anywhere or do anything - even swim in them - devereaux gravity shorts on sale

I find some elastic shorts a little too heavyweight.

I highly recommend these Dockers. They also come in full length pants. Great for golf and general use. I'm wearing them in the home office today. They stretch, but they don't look like stretch pants, if you know what I mean.

I like liteweight shorts that one can wear anywhere or do anything - even swim in them
The Puma one I linked above sound like they are right up your alley :D they describe them as such "delivering refined style perfect for the course, pool or wherever you find yourself on a warm summer day"

I can't think of any golf clothing that I've owned that was relegated to strictly "golf." I always want and almost expect multi-function from my golf clothing.
I have an Adidas shirt on right now that I can wear about anywhere in suburbia anyway. :cool:

I keep reading this as "Best golf shorts that are sketchy"
lol.gif

If you're looking to keep budget in mind, I picked up some Go-Dry shorts from Old Navy and they are really comfortable.

I really like Volcom Frickin Modern stretch chinos for golf. Light, stretchy without being flimsy, very comfortable.

My favorite stretchy shorts right now are the Callaway shorts I picked up at a Nordstrom Rack. They’re great for golf and the stretch is very comfy

I have an awesome pair of stretch pumas.

Back