Best Irons for 2020

1ironrocks

Reaction score
So what does everyone think the best irons are for 2020?

I've gamed many of them and know what I think are best for me over the next few years. Basically, if you are a 5-15 handicap what you like and what did you put in the bag and why?

Golf is a wild game!!

Hard to beat PXG 0211 at price 89$ a club custom fit with premium Accra shafts and that price good till end of month - then remains low for Veterans (ret Army Doc). At 63 looked for a good looking high performance iron with a lightweight shaft at decent price and hitting great with tight dispersion. They are not forged but feel is superb and getting high ball flight (but not too high). Otherwise would probably have gone a Callaway forged cavity back iron as so handsome but the Hogan’s and better player TM also look great. I used to be as low as a 2 but now a ten after injuries and played best golf with Hogan’s or Titleist mainly. I think fitting is key and mine was two hours at decent cost on real range.

Last edited:
Cobra Forged Tec for their great feel, forgiveness, distance and looks. Better than my PXG Gen 2 Ps at half the cost.
Not a bad choice at all

I like the Titleist T200's. Great clubs that straddle the forgiveness and workability line really well. They also look fantastic.

Too many to list for me.

Hogan PTx and Icon's...............glad to see Hogan back again

Ping Blueprint's and I210's are really nice.

2020 has been a great year for equipment and I'd have to think back a long ways to recall so many different OEM's making such an impression on me.

we will now see many posts lauding Ping, Callaway, Mizuno, Wilson, PXG etc etc

Cobra Forged Tec for their great feel, forgiveness, distance and looks. Better than my PXG Gen 2 Ps at half the cost.
I'd second the vote for the Cobra Forged Tec irons.

If I was in the market would be considering these

I played the Mizuno MP20 HMBs and the Forged Tecs this year. I love the Forged Tecs for everything except the GW. The HMBs are good as well, but not as forgiving and do not feel as good across the entire face... and not as long. Still a very good iron though. I didn't get to demo a lot of irons this year outside of these.

Cobra homers in the house. Cobra Iron :love:. This year I hit both the Cobra Speedzone Irons and T-Rail Irons. Both were very good. The T-Rails that I gamed for the season were very forgiving and were easy to launch. I would have had no problem or issue gaming the Speedzone Irons. The Speedzones were longer but the T-Rails were very forgiving on most mishits.

At my age 63 - distance control and dispersion the key variables- and again for current price of 89$ club will argue you cannot easily beat PXG 0211s if you like their clean look and decent feel - most importantly is getting a two hour fitting for $50 bucks. For non veterans ends 1 Nov. I have played many brands but am very personally happy these. Very long with slight draw. I think the value in the fitting and I got great Accra shafts and length specs. Got a matching hybrid and driver and all under $750 most of which I won in lucky picks on majors at legal sports book.

Last edited:
I like the Titleist T200's. Great clubs that straddle the forgiveness and workability line really well. They also look fantastic.
I have to agree with this. I put T200s in the bag this year. Sexy looking clubs that perform.

I have to agree with this. I put T200s in the bag this year. Sexy looking clubs that perform.
Great clubs (truly) but not best value out there IMO but son bags Titleist and is a strong golfer and I used to in the day.

Every poster should just type "refer to signature" and acknolwedge that (1) they are biased to their current set, and (2) they haven't hit most current model irons with identical shaft/loft/lie configurations to enable an accurate comparison.

Every poster should just type "refer to signature" and acknolwedge that (1) they are biased to their current set, and (2) they haven't hit most current model irons with identical shaft/loft/lie configurations to enable an accurate comparison.
Ok there are many good choices out there these days. Get fit and enjoy!

Back