Best leftover sandwich

Best leftover sandwich

• Total voters
The best thing about the day after Thanksgiving. No not the sales, the leftover turkey sandwiches!

The best thing about the day after Thanksgiving. No not the sales, the leftover turkey sandwiches!
I sometimes wonder if I prefer the leftovers for sandwiches over the actual meal…

I sometimes wonder if I prefer the leftovers for sandwiches over the actual meal…
I've had to do two meals for the past five years. One at my grandparents and one at my wife's parents. I get wayyyyy too full and don't enjoy anything. Leftovers the next day are my favorite now

Listen the answer here is turkey after Turkey Day but it MUST include potato chips on the sandwich! So key.

I've had to do two meals for the past five years. One at my grandparents and one at my wife's parents. I get wayyyyy too full and don't enjoy anything. Leftovers the next day are my favorite now
We do them over two or three days… that way there’s leftovers to go around and nobody is sitting there way too full to enjoy the meal.

BBQ pulled pork on a King's Hawaiian bun, lots of BBQ sauce. Slaw optional.

My lady friend, who is smart enough to study a menu BEFORE we actually go there (presents a problem for me, I have 20 seconds to decide) ordered the “Sloppy Piggy Pileup” I’d ordered a rare burger, extra bacon and a slice of cheddar, no bun no fries.

Mine was good but I was Jealous, lol. Hers was phenomenal. Three slices grilled Texas Cheese toast, a pound of pulled pork, half a pound of bacon, BBQ sauce and Slaw. It a 3 pound sammich.

I told her next time we’re just splitting that, lol. I got one bite and half went home. I’m not upset, 😂.

Turkey gravy sandwiches

In KY we have a little thing called a hot brown. It's the best thing ever made out of leftover turkey and ham.

Hot-Brown-DSC_1465-II.jpg

A thick sliced Honey Baked Ham on King's Hawaiian rolls

Reheat a slice of meatloaf in a cast iron to get a nice crust. Nothing better.

Meatloaf on ciabatta. Best way I did it was go mashed potato/gravy slurry with sliced meatloaf on top. Can roll it open faced that way, or throw the top on it. Either way... fantastic.

While I do love open face turkey sandwiches. And eating them for an entire week… I have to expand upon my chicken vote and specify that I am talking specifically about chicken and/or Buffalo chicken cheesesteaks.

How can so many be so wrong?

Pot roast on some good crusty bread with gravy in which to dip it is the correct answer.

Meatball.

(Not meatloaf).

If (and it is definitely an if) there is anything left from a Sunday dinner joint of meat, it is just a simple warmed crusty bread roll/baguette, reheat the meat and have gravy to dip it all in

Can't go past a smoked meatloaf sandwich.

Love a good pot roast sandwich. :love:

Meatloaf is leading going onto Thanksgiving. Don't let the anarchist win!

My lady friend, who is smart enough to study a menu BEFORE we actually go there (presents a problem for me, I have 20 seconds to decide) ordered the “Sloppy Piggy Pileup” I’d ordered a rare burger, extra bacon and a slice of cheddar, no bun no fries.

Mine was good but I was Jealous, lol. Hers was phenomenal. Three slices grilled Texas Cheese toast, a pound of pulled pork, half a pound of bacon, BBQ sauce and Slaw. It a 3 pound sammich.

I told her next time we’re just splitting that, lol. I got one bite and half went home. I’m not upset, 😂.

After T'giving dinner we made plans to get together a week before Christmas to have dinner out. A while ago my Sis called me and asked me if I had eaten at a local BBQ joint, that has been around for a long time! I said yes, but not in a long time. Since well before they remodeled the place. It's not far from me. She said she had to be in Austintown for some reason and saw it, called her husband and told him to meet her there and they would have dinner to try a new (to them) place. She said it was incredible! That had been my experience as well.

The things is they had closed for the better part of a year while they gutted the entire interior, put up a big addition with an outdoor patio for Summer, and did a total remodel. Once they got the restaurant open again, work on the exterior was still ongoing. It was close to 2 full years before I could drive by and see no contractor's trucks in the parking lot. Gives you and idea of the money they had to spend. And they had no problem regaining that business. My Sis said the amount of meat you got was just ridiculous!

Love a good pot roast sandwich. :love:

It's been so long since I've had pot roast, it isn't even funny. Just checked their menu, and noticed that my favorite hot food carryout has that available on Sunday, so I'll have to check that out. This is the same place I get my meat loaf!

Meatloaf is leading going onto Thanksgiving. Don't let the anarchist win!

No way! I voted for meat loaf along with turkey and honey baked ham. Everything else seemed to be an "on a plate" type of experience. And chicken is normally cooked by the piece, so you heat up a breast, thigh, or drunstick along with some accompaniments, and go.

Back