Best Method for Learning?

For me, it has been a combination of visual and feel that works - over the course of my lessons, my instructor would use video to show me what I was doing, then have me do drills and explain the feeling that I was looking for. Sometimes this would involve aids as a reference point so that I would get instant feedback, other times he would tell me to swing to a certain point and stop, and he would then move my arm/hip/etc to how he wanted it to be so that I could feel the difference between what I was currently doing and where I needed to be - the most common one for this was to help me shorten my backswing as it was way too long and causing me problems with consistency

After doing drills he would then video the swing again to show the difference between before and after, and I would be able to use those drills to work on the swing at the range by myself
I found that to be exceptionally helpful in my lessons.

Liveviewsports. Video and lessons.
I just got a LiveViewSports camera setup this past Christmas, and I have to agree that this is one of the coolest and most useful training aids I've ever found. The video quality is not as good as using slow-mo on the iPhone, but the instant visual feedback is really a game-changer. Highly recommend it for anyone who uses video for swing improvement because it is a major time saver and makes practice so much more efficient.

Back