Best new course you played in 2016?

Wake

Reaction score
Handicap
What is the best new course you played in 2016? The course you hadn't played before but you are so glad you got the chance to play it? Will you get to play it again in 2017?

Silver Tip in Canmore by a mile.

Firestone South. Best course played this year that was my first time playing. Might work out that I can play it again in 2017 through Club Corp, if I travel that way.

Easy. The Hideaway. Incredibly highly magnificently doubtful I will get to play it again in 2017. And I am more than ok with that.

Really enjoyed Spyglass, but doubt I will be hitting it very often so I will go with Presidio in San Fran since I will likely get to play it again in 2017.

My Top 3

A private club up here by work called The Country Club.

UBER private and it was amazing to play, a small chance it happens again in 2017.

A close 2nd would be Firestone South, it was everything I expected and some. Highly doubt that happens again in 2017.

3rd would be Hammock Beach Conservatory course...tough tough tough course, but very fun to play.

The hideaway hands down both courses. The place is just so well rounded they have it all the course, the staff, comfort stations.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Easy. The Hideaway. Incredibly highly magnificently doubtful I will get to play it again in 2017. And I am more than ok with that.

The hideaway hands down both courses. The place is just so well rounded they have it all the course, the staff, comfort stations.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I almost included a caveat that Grandaddy members need not comment, we know your answers, haha. It seems to be an amazing place.

TPC Vegas
And
The Ranch

Ivanhoe Club in IL as part of Staff Proto. Loved the layout and the conditioning. They said the greens had been punched, but you could barely tell.

It's very private and I don't often travel to Illinois, so I highly doubt I'll ever play it again.

RTJ Grand National Courses.

Fun and challenging.

RTJ Grand National Lakes and Links Courses

Dismal River Red for me. Impeccable routing and variety.

Second is my club. Outstanding use of severe terrain and went contrary to most of the area and took out the trees to make it a lot more wide open, placing emphasis and challenge elsewhere while very visually appealing.

Cowboy Club

Outside of The Hideaway, probably Mount Snow Golf Club in VT or The Ranch in Southwick, MA

True Blue and Caledonia in Myrtle Beach. I need to go back.

I almost included a caveat that Grandaddy members need not comment, we know your answers, haha. It seems to be an amazing place.

Haha fair enough, and yes special doesn't tell half the story. Second for me would be Crystal Downs. First time I got to play an Alister Mackenzie, and it was magnificent. Any other year it would be far and away the best for me.

Aviara during The Handcrafted Experience, and I doubt I will get to play it again in 2017!

The Ranch

TPC Vegas

Royal Links

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the best new course you played in 2016? The course you hadn't played before but you are so glad you got the chance to play it? Will you get to play it again in 2017?

I'll assume the Hideaway is exempt, because the Clive and wow.

But I also want to give Scioto a nod. The amount of history there, and the overall layout.. It made for an awesome experience.

Sand Valley and Ledgestone

I played 21 new courses in 2016! It's difficult to pick just one so I'm breaking it up into categories.

Resort-style
Hammock Beach - Conservatory (FL): striking course and a welcome early spring respite from the Northeast (the pool at the Ocean course looked nice though)
True Blue (SC): THP history and competition and some great holes

Private
New Jersey National (NJ): a totally enjoyably course to play
Bala (PA): classically short, but well-defended - I would make this my full-time course

Public
Colonial Heritage (VA): highest slope rating at a reasonable distance that I've ever played
Eagle Crest (MI): home of the Eastern Michigan golf teams - I would like to play here in warmer weather

Toss up between The Ranch and Red Tail. Slight edge to The Ranch.

Harbor Shores (MI)
TPC Las Vegas (NV)

Back