Best noise cancelling headphone recommendations

FernDog

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone on the forum have a recommendation for a great pair of noise cancelling headphones? My purpose is for using them to cancel out downstairs TV noise and barking from the dogs when I am studying. The room that I am in when studying, typing papers is my golf room that is open on two sides and there is not a door to close. I might want to see if I can connect the headphones to a TV up here as well. Thanks

I own a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort noise cancelling and they work well. Use them at work when I need quiet and will typically take for air travel

The Bose QC 700 or whatever they are called are considered pretty top of the available options for headphones. And depending on what phone you have, honestly the AirPod pros aren’t that bad with it either. I use mine at work and they do a heck of a job cancelling out the office noise. You’ll get much better battery life with over the ear headphones though, but yea the Bose are all pretty highly rated for noise cancelling, but I think there is a pair of wireless Sony’s that might not be awful either? Can’t remember the name of those at all right now though.

I'm still using my QC25s, but I have owned Bose since the original QCs back in 2002(?) I woudn't see myself buying any other brand.

The 25s are getting on in years (as I've replaced the pads now,) but they still sound as good as new. I'll be treating myself to the i700s for my bday next month.

If you're just looking for something to use at home, and want bluetooth, the QC35s (last gen) can be had at a bargain, and if you don't care about wires, the QC25s are the way to go if you can find them.

These are by far the best ive ever owned, reviewed, tried, compared, etc etc etc.

"Cnet's" Editors chocie 5 STAR ratings....
"endgadet" best noise cancelling and overall headphones...
"WIRED" incredible music uality, premium noise cancelling....
"CES" innovation awards 2018.....
"Digital Trends" BEST noise cancelling headphones.....

look, ive tried and tested and worn the Bose QCs. Theyre great and a premium product. THEY SIMPLY arent as good as these are ad thats by a measurable amount.
4b3139b30cb85e0d3a03a94ab738b7b7

899319cb48ec88bede142e758159f4a8

I'll say this about BOSE - their engineers do a great job with so little

Thanks for the input everyone: much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are by far the best ive ever owned, reviewed, tried, compared, etc etc etc.

look, ive tried and tested and worn the Bose QCs. Theyre great and a premium product. THEY SIMPLY arent as good as these are ad thats by a measurable amount.

Thanks Paul. I just read the reviews and will take a look at these today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We own a handful of noise canceling headphones including both of the ones considered to have the best noise canceling -the Bose QC35’s and the Sony Wh-1000 XM3’s.

To my ears the Sony’s sound better quite a bit better than the Bose and they are equal in noise canceling. I also think the headband on the Sony is more comfortable. The cheapest price right now on the Sony is $259 at Rakuten and the Bose QC35 is $299 most places. The Bose has replaced the 35 with the QC700 which is $399 and IMO the new design(especially the headband) is not as robust at the QC35. I listened to them in a Bose store last week and the sound is the same as the QC35’s.

Just be aware that there is noise isolation too and it can be as effective as noise cancelling. I use high quality in-ear's and they drop noise between -35dB to -42dB. Great for travel.

We own a handful of noise canceling headphones including both of the ones considered to have the best noise canceling -the Bose QC35’s and the Sony Wh-1000 XM3’s.

To my ears the Sony’s sound better quite a bit better than the Bose and they are equal in noise canceling. I also think the headband on the Sony is more comfortable. The cheapest price right now on the Sony is $259 at Rakuten and the Bose QC35 is $299 most places. The Bose has replaced the 35 with the QC700 which is $399 and IMO the new design(especially the headband) is not as robust at the QC35. I listened to them in a Bose store last week and the sound is the same as the QC35’s.
Thanks for the pricing on those. I started looking at the Sony line.

I own the Bose QC 35's, they're much better than the Beats I had initially, but I hear the Sony's are very good as well, can't go wrong with either one.

Amazon had a Prime deal at $279 today so my wife just bought them for me. This will be my single birthday present for Dec 26th. Thanks again for the assistance on this guys!!

I own the Sony WH-1000MX3. I had the prev. model before that. I've also tried the Bose QC35. Bose is more comfortable - it's lighter and the ear pads are cushier compared to the older sony's. This newest model Sony's are still a bit heavier and thus add a bit more strain on extended sessions but their noise cancelling is top notch. I work in a loud-ish office and travel for work and these on the plane and in the office are amazing.

I’ve had both QC35 and the Sony 100xm3. Bose were lighter but I found the Sony to be the better of the two on a flight when it comes to NC. My ears with the Bose got a little warm when having them on for long periods of time, I haven’t experienced that with the Sony. I haven’t tried the new Bose, but I am not even tempted to because of how much I like the Sony set.

My co-worker has these and loves them. I have the Bose QC35s. I love mine as well, but I might have considered these Sony's if they were an option when I was buying mine. I've had mine long enough that the Bose was really the only good option.

So, having been a Bose QC user for nearly 17 years, I have a question for the Sony guys: Are they comfortable to lay upon? I use mine, primarily, on flights. I find that when I'm laying down with my head on the pillow the Bose are easy to sleep with, and I don't wake up with a sore head or neck. I also own the QC20s (the ear buds) and they are awful to sleep with. They get super uncomfortable when you mash them into your head.

So, having been a Bose QC user for nearly 17 years, I have a question for the Sony guys: Are they comfortable to lay upon? I use mine, primarily, on flights. I find that when I'm laying down with my head on the pillow the Bose are easy to sleep with, and I don't wake up with a sore head or neck. I also own the QC20s (the ear buds) and they are awful to sleep with. They get super uncomfortable when you mash them into your head.

I don't know if I've ever laid down with mine on for an extended period of time. But I'm a notorious sleeper on flights, where I essentially get in my seat, fire up my headphones, and am out before takeoff. I don't recall ever waking up with a sore head or neck.

stupid deal here on the best on the market.

Focus Camera deals
Sony Noise-Canceling Headphones $200
These Sony WH-1000XM3 Noise-Canceling Bluetooth Headphones drop from $349.99 to $199.99 when you apply the code BDTHANKS during checkout at Focus Camera. Shipping is free. This is the best price we found for a pair by $39. These headphones detect the amount of ambient noise around you and automatically adjust their level of noise cancellation. They also have NFC for quick pairing, a 10-minute Fast Charge feature, and a 30-hour battery life. Sales tax is charged in most states.
Get it at Focus Camera

I wonder just how noisy the environments were of many of those responding here. Ever worked in a steel mill? You had better be able to hear things, like sirens, if you wanted to stay alive! It just seems like so many are into isolation these days.

I wonder just how noisy the environments were of many of those responding here. Ever worked in a steel mill? You had better be able to hear things, like sirens, if you wanted to stay alive! It just seems like so many are into isolation these days.
The Bose sets work great on planes and helicopters. I'm not sure many steel workers are rocking noise cancelling headphones on the job. I feel like OSHA might take issue.

The Bose sets work great on planes and helicopters. I'm not sure many steel workers are rocking noise cancelling headphones on the job. I feel like OSHA might take issue.
Bose make amazing aviation-dedicated sets with wired microphones etc.

I'm just not sure that the aforementioned types of headphones are the ones that should be used by someone working in a steel mill...

That said, I have a set of OSHA compliant hearing protection headphones - Walker's Game Ear. I use them in my shop and at the gun range all the time. Woodworking, grinding metal, wrenching on the rig etc... Not quite audiophile quality music coming out of them, but they're also protecting my hearing from all the noise I'm making. They also have noise passthrough since they're designed for hunting so you can hear game but not have the same blast from your firearm.

As an aside - I've had my Sennheiser Momentum 2 wireless pair for about a year now, and they're an absolute dream to use while enjoying media at home or on the airplane.

I seem to like the Sony better myself, i was lucky enough to find mine on sale when my team was setting up a store in Hawaii about 2017. Love them for air travel. I also have the Air POD pros that do a decent job

Back