• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Alright THPers, we are embarking on an intensive opinion review of what the best "off the rack" putter is out there today. We've isolated to 16 companies and will be taking the best of the best for a head to head challenge, finally crowning the winner as being the 'best OTR putter' by THPer standards. This is one of three wildcard spots!

Piretti Cottonwood
1579418377616.png
1579418415023.png

vs

Ben Hogan BHM01
1579418473851.png
1579418511593.png

Keep in mind, every vote matters. Even if you're going completely off visual opinion, give us what stands out to you. We will leave these polls open for a week before taking the top 16 putters and moving them into the "Sweet 16 off the rack putter battle" hosted by myself, and @Jman.

The lines on the Cottonwood are too damn good to overcome. Easy win in this matchup.

One vote Hogan

Voted for the Hogan. The shape really frames the ball well and that boosts confidence.

The Piretti and it’s not close for me

cottonwood.

Piretti for sure

This was a really tough one because I love the shape of the Hogan but the Piretti edges it out. It's a beautiful looking putter.

I voted for the Hogan. The Piretti is a beautiful club but the Hogan frames the ball so well and rolls the ball true.

Of course I have or go with Hogan.

Piretti Cottonwood has is great visually. Even if you play poorly you will look good doing it.

second, as someone who has used a mini mallet like the Hogan it’s very hard to find sweet head covers.

The Piretti is better looking but I went with Hogan. Personally I don’t get along with plumbers neck putters and I’m sure it’s a wash on feel. A little personal bias doesn’t hurt either

This one was close. I went Hogan just because I think I would putt better with it personally.

This one will be closer than it should be. The Hogan doesn’t belong in the same discussion for the Cottonwood, in beauty or performance IME.

Piretti

It’s a classic shape and a beautiful looking putter

I am a huge fan of Ben Hogan irons and the equalizer wedges but the Piretti Cottonwood is an easy choice. Piretti should run away with this.

I would even argue Piretti is a Boutique putter that snuck in this dance on criteria, it’s almost not a fair competition.

Piretti for me

I would even argue Piretti is a Boutique putter that snuck in this dance on criteria, it’s almost not a fair competition.

I was thinking the same thing.

If this is close I will just shake my head

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

I went Piretti. It’s a nice variant on a classic shape.

as much as the hogan lineup looks solid I’m just not that swayed by mallets.

Hogan BHM01 at half the price of the Cottonwood all day every day. Don't see any advantage to the Piretti other than you can tell people you have a Piretti.

Piretti and it’s not close - details on the bottom are ????

The Cortonwood and the lines are beautiful. Such a great shape and look

Cottonwood by a mile

Back