• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Alright, it's down to the final 8 of the Best OTRs and the THP Community gets to decide who will be crowned the best 'off the rack' putter. We'll let this run for a week, and then set up the final 4 for you to vote on. These selections were graded on a combination of interest in voting, and a final seeding done by myself and @Jman.

The FOUR seed: TaylorMade Spider X
1581055211501.png
1581055222239.png

vs

The FIVE seed: Odyssey Double Wide
1581055252966.png
1581055265864.png

I think the Spider has made its mark in the putting world.

Hmm... I’ll take the double wide.

Double Wide. I've never been able to see the attraction of the Spider. :unsure:

Spider X just seems to set up right for me at this point, but still deliberating on having my top line painted with the Triple Track lines or trading it in for a Stroke Lab 10 with TT.

I have to go Double Wide. Not a huge mallet guy and just never personally got along with a spider.

Tough one here but it’s the Spider X for me simply based on the slant neck vs the double bend hosel.

Spider is iconic. Even with Strokelab and Triple Track, I don’t think the Doublewide should win this one. Put a SL TT Ten up against it though...

Close, but had to go with the spider on this one. I love the double wide red though....

Two good ones but Spider. Hard to argue with its success and popularity.

Went with my current gamer, SL DW

Double Wide for me...While the Spider is an awesome putter, I just could never get comfortable with the shape.

Went Spider even tho I'm not a huge fan of the X

Double wide for me.

Not a big fan of either but if you hold a gun to my head, I am picking the Spider X.

Spider is iconic. Even with Strokelab and Triple Track, I don’t think the Doublewide should win this one. Put a SL TT Ten up against it though...

Same here. If this was a TT Ten (or Marxman or 2-ball) I'd have an easier choice. As much as I liked the Spider in all its iterations, it never felt right for me, mainly because I just felt that it never set up square at address, and I always felt like it wanted to twist off-line.

So, double wide.

Too late now, but it would've been interesting to have THPers send in their top 3 or 5 putter choices, and compile that list to come up with the final 64 & do an NCAA style knockout tournament. Seeding based on # of votes from the initial list.

Tough one here, as evidenced by the closeness of the voting. Double Wide ftw.

Double Wide here.

Now I know I'm a mallet guy

Double wide for me. I really didn’t care for the insert on the Spidr!

Double Wide all day. Not a TM fan.

Not a fan of either really, but with the TT on the double wide, I would choose that!

Spider ????

Interested to see the outcome of this one. :unsure:

Back