Best place to get custom fit in Tampa?

rjb01camaross

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, I have been researching custom fit locations close to me and found two so far. Golf Repair Center(Bob Van Sweden) and Duffys Golf Studio. Anyone had any experience with either? I went by the GRC and talked with Bob who seems really knowledgeable and a great guy to work with to get this done. His prices seem fair as well. I haven't been able to reach Duffy yet to compare but I have two weeks or so before Im ready to do this and looking to get others input before I make a decision.

I saw BVS for my Morgan Cup fitting. He was excellent. He also was at the Speedblade club testing in '13 with THP'ers and I heard nothing but good things about his work there too.

I saw BVS for my Morgan Cup fitting. He was excellent. He also was at the Speedblade club testing in '13 with THP'ers and I heard nothing but good things about his work there too.

Is BVS only fitting for TaylorMade still?

You might consider driving over to Orlando to Club Champion.

When I stopped by I saw PING, TMAG, Callaway, and an older Cobra fitting cart.

Nope he does several brands now so you're not boxed in to just one brand. TM he just has some nice awards with.

You might consider driving over to Orlando to Club Champion.

I thought about that but trying to look at the local options first.

I thought about that but trying to look at the local options first.

I'm pretty sure off the top of my head he does Mizuno too. I remember seeing the cart, but then again that was last year. Things may have changed?

I'm pretty sure off the top of my head he does Mizuno too. I remember seeing the cart, but then again that was last year. Things may have changed?

You are correct, I forgot to add that one.

Honestly I'm not really looking to buy any clubs but want to get custom fit for the RSI2 irons im going to be testing so I can provide the best feedback possible.

Honestly I'm not really looking to buy any clubs but want to get custom fit for the RSI2 irons im going to be testing so I can provide the best feedback possible.

He should be able to provide assistance regardless. Let him know early what you want to accomplish and you should be fine.

As far as feedback, I think giving honest answers and being active in the review thread is more beneficial than making sure they're custom fit for you. Saying they launch too high or low for you for example, is still excellent feedback. If it were me, give it a round or two stock and then go have it tweaked, much like a before and after.

You may really like that stock shaft though. It pairs with that head really well.

Back