Best places for golf clothing on a tight budget

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
Did a search and didn't come up with such a thread. The expense of golf is often a topic that directly or indirectly pops up in threads for different reasons. Sometimes also it comes up as we discuss proper golf attire and being able to afford much of it. Some will say that golf clothing can be found cheaply but "cheap" is all only relative to each persons thoughts and positions and while one states that a certain number is cheap and easy another may not think so.

In the end affordability mean a lot to a lot of golfers. So I thought we might come up with ideas and experiences and share for how and where we have found the best budget friendly deals as a way to help anyone obtain affordable golf attire.

I have two answers that have helped me.

Kohls department store is where I find many different brands of golf clothing to chose from (especially shirts) and at really good prices. Some stores like Kohls can have better and also more poorly made items but the selection is usually large and made of top brands as well as lessor name brands but almost always an item or 2 or even 3 can be found that satisfies your fit, style, desired quality, and your wallet. And just about everything is on sale and discounted and if not it will usually always be soon enough if you keep checking. And if you have a Kohls Credit card I don't think a month goes by where my wife doesnt get a mailer for 20 or 30 % off and that is always in addition to whatever the store sale price is. The final paying price can very often be a really great buy :)

Costco can also offer some good attire at considerable discount and great prices. But with Costco its a hit and miss thing. There one day, gone next week. So you have to grab it while its there. But if your not sure just buy it anyway. If you decide its not for you just return it easily. At least if you do like it, you wont miss it when you head back to buy it and will already have it.

I do not like buying clothes on line at all unless I know it fits because its a real hassle returning things on line. However if bought from an on line version of a local store like a Kohls or costco lol than that does change things where as returns are simple and you can just return in person at your local store.

those are my two favorite suggestions for possibly finding golf attire on the cheap.

It's Ross and the Deal of the day Thread (thanks again Dawg) for me.

i will agree ross is your best bet to find some golf clothing on a budget locally.

www.ijpdesign.com is always having sales; and they have an eBay store for better deals.

Definitely try their eBay store. Great deals -- $80 shirts at $25, $160 pants for $54. And quality clothing.

Last edited:
jc penny's has some good sales on larger sizes ( 2xl & 3xl and shorts), you have to watch for them and with coupons they reasonable

Oakley vault either in store or online. Under Armour outlets, FairwayStyles has goo deals all the time. Deal of the day thread.

Check out Marshall's and TJ Maxx if you have one near you as well as Ross as others have mentioned. At any given time you can find Puma, Adidas, Ralph Lauren Polo Golf, RLX, Fairways and Greens, Peter Millar, Ashworth, Greg Norman, Nike and Oakley. You just have to be patient and sort through the racks to find something you like.

End of season clearance rack at Golf Galaxy. Shirts on that rack get crazy cheap. They might not be the hottest style but it's a great way to pick up a half dozen quality shirts for less than $150.

Walmart's Hogan line & O.P shorts

Check out Marshall's and TJ Maxx if you have one near you as well as Ross as others have mentioned. At any given time you can find Puma, Adidas, Ralph Lauren Polo Golf, RLX, Fairways and Greens, Peter Millar, Ashworth, Greg Norman, Nike and Oakley. You just have to be patient and sort through the racks to find something you like.

I was coming in to suggest these two. I've found a lot of Callaway stuff there as well, and it's held up well.

Don't know if you have a PGA tour superstore near you but they always have a clearance rack and some really good deals can be found there. Also once a year the Golf Galaxy does a buy one get one free event and I've scored some really good deals there also.

Did a search and didn't come up with such a thread. The expense of golf is often a topic that directly or indirectly pops up in threads for different reasons. Sometimes also it comes up as we discuss proper golf attire and being able to afford much of it. Some will say that golf clothing can be found cheaply but "cheap" is all only relative to each persons thoughts and positions and while one states that a certain number is cheap and easy another may not think so.

In the end affordability mean a lot to a lot of golfers. So I thought we might come up with ideas and experiences and share for how and where we have found the best budget friendly deals as a way to help anyone obtain affordable golf attire.

I have two answers that have helped me.

Kohls department store is where I find many different brands of golf clothing to chose from (especially shirts) and at really good prices. Some stores like Kohls can have better and also more poorly made items but the selection is usually large and made of top brands as well as lessor name brands but almost always an item or 2 or even 3 can be found that satisfies your fit, style, desired quality, and your wallet. And just about everything is on sale and discounted and if not it will usually always be soon enough if you keep checking. And if you have a Kohls Credit card I don't think a month goes by where my wife doesnt get a mailer for 20 or 30 % off and that is always in addition to whatever the store sale price is. The final paying price can very often be a really great buy :)

Costco can also offer some good attire at considerable discount and great prices. But with Costco its a hit and miss thing. There one day, gone next week. So you have to grab it while its there. But if your not sure just buy it anyway. If you decide its not for you just return it easily. At least if you do like it, you wont miss it when you head back to buy it and will already have it.

I do not like buying clothes on line at all unless I know it fits because its a real hassle returning things on line. However if bought from an on line version of a local store like a Kohls or costco lol than that does change things where as returns are simple and you can just return in person at your local store.

those are my two favorite suggestions for possibly finding golf attire on the cheap.
Izod outlet and Kohls for me

I'm a fan of Kohl's and almost any of the outlet malls.

Have to put another vote for Marshalls and TJ Max they don't always have great stuff but I have picked some sweet hats at both places.

Kohl's is OK, especially with their 30% off, but I have to go to the big and tall section where the selections aren't quite so varied, and sales not so frequent. I happened to find Macy's on-line a few months ago and their big and tall selection was great. Name brand wicking polo shirts for between $15 - $20. Also K-Mart has sales on their big and tall shirts. Shorts I can buy anywhere and usually can find a store that has them on sale.

Steinmart is awesome for golf clothing, they carry a lot of Bobby Jones and most of the time the pricing is rediculous cheap, with fall coming the sales are going to be good in a couple weeks.

I'll go try on something in the store and then check eBay for good stuff at a discounted price. I've been loading up on Under Armour lately. TJMaxx, Marshalls, Steinmart, Ross are all good options, too.

Definitely IZOD at an outlet store.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Walmart's Hogan line & O.P shorts

Just picked up a couple of pair of Hogan shorts for $9 each... seem ok... I still have some of the golf shirts they sold a decade ago and they have held up as well as anything. Their George brand isn't lower quality now than it was...

I don't even go to brick and mortar for golf clothing ... eBay. Brand names getting rid of last year's line. Sign up for email sales - Callaway, tgw.com, etc.

Just picked up a couple of pair of Hogan shorts for $9 each... seem ok... I still have some of the golf shirts they sold a decade ago and they have held up as well as anything. Their George brand isn't lower quality now than it was...

Only reason I didn't mention George is I haven't seen any that are the light weight material. But do use the slacks for fall & spring

I buy a lot of shirts and shorts for the next season in September and October when they are closing out at WalMart and Sam's. WalMart has the Ben Hogan line as previously mentioned and Sam's has a lot of Callaway clothing. They also have Champions brand shorts and shirts.

I don't even go to brick and mortar for golf clothing ... eBay. Brand names getting rid of last year's line. Sign up for email sales - Callaway, tgw.com, etc.

just hard for me to buy clothing via ebay or other forms of on-line retailers without trying it on unless I know for certain the exact item fits me and is to my liking.

Kohl's is OK, especially with their 30% off, but I have to go to the big and tall section where the selections aren't quite so varied, and sales not so frequent. I happened to find Macy's on-line a few months ago and their big and tall selection was great. Name brand wicking polo shirts for between $15 - $20. Also K-Mart has sales on their big and tall shirts. Shorts I can buy anywhere and usually can find a store that has them on sale.
I wear Large Tall shirts and it's hard to find golf polos in that size, I've gotten some from kohls online before but their selection is usually not great. I hadn't ever checked Macy's online but I looked when I read your post and there's quite a lot there so thanks!

Back