Best places to play near Atlanta

The_Dude

#TeamNE #Team Green #Hype
Reaction score
Handicap
#bigbutts
Going down to Atlanta January 20th-21st with artm for 2 days of golf, 36 a day. We're looking for the best places to play within 1.5 hours of Atlanta, preferably south (warmer). What you say my southern brothers?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wish I wasn't more like 4.5 hours away or I would try to hook up with you guys. I will let people with much more knowledge of the area courses give suggestions. I have played a few courses up that was but it has been 8 or more years ago so can't even recall the names of them.

Going down to Atlanta January 20th-21st with artm for 2 days of golf, 36 a day. We're looking for the best places to play within 1.5 hours of Atlanta, preferably south (warmer). What you say my southern brothers?

It really depends what you’re looking for and where you are staying...

Wolf Creek is 10 mins from the airport and is still one of my favorite public tracks in the A.

The majority of the good public tracks are north of ATL. My favorites are;

Echelon (tough track)
Bears Best (one of my faves)
St Marlow’s
Heritage
Trophy Club of Atlanta
Chateu Elon
Bridgemill
Stone Mountain courses are fun too

dm me if you have any questions..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callaway gardens might be your best option. Just a little more than an hour drive south of the airport. 2 very different courses and lodging and restaurants on-site. (Not much else in the surrounding area)

This also played host to the shaft Up finale which is always a plus!

Callaway gardens might be your best option. Just a little more than an hour drive south of the airport. 2 very different courses and lodging and restaurants on-site. (Not much else in the surrounding area)

This also played host to the shaft Up finale which is always a plus!

We're taking a hard look there. Website doesn't have to many pictures of the course though.

We're taking a hard look there. Website doesn't have to many pictures of the course though.

No they’re a bit late to the current century , their clubhouse is pretty outdated as well...but the practice areas and courses are what makes Callaway so much fun.

Try Golfadvisor.com I think they have some more pictures.

booked it. capital hill and grand nat

Sounds like fun, which course(s) are you playing at Capital Hill?

honestly i have not paid it any thought. do you have suggestions?

honestly i have not paid it any thought. do you have suggestions?

Senator and Judge would be my recommendations

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinking of doing the same thing end of February. Right now Capitol Hill is at the top of my list. Really want to play the Senator course and Pursell farms is only 1:30 hours north.

Back