Best push cart / bag combo?

SouthernShred

'16 Grandaddy Champ - Team Unity
Reaction score
Handicap
Examples:

Clicgear + Callaway Org?
Sun Mountain Speed + Sync bag?

Thoughts? I haven’t bought a push cart in 16 or 17 years.

I'm using Bagboy Tri Swivel 2 and I absolutely love this bag. I'm using a stand bag right now with it, but a cart bag would work just as well if not better.

I'm using Bagboy Tri Swivel 2 and I absolutely love this bag. I'm using a stand bag right now with it, but a cart bag would work just as well if not better.
Guy from work has one of these. I think they are great!
For cart I'd recommend click gear

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I bought this one from Stewart Golf USA - made in the UK - and the price is vastly reduced to $229.

And you can pick color of wheel to match your team or other interests.

https://www.stewartgolfusa.com/products/stewart-golf-r1s-push

Easy to assemble and put away - one button and the turn of the tray adjustment wheel - straps are very nice. Take a look - rolls straight and true, comes well equipped, and I added some accessories.

Easier to roll than Clicgear. Cookie liked the low profile.

Bag - I like a bag to place on a push cart, and I want to put it on my shoulder to hit the range and serve as a carry bag - I have an H2NO light, but a SM 4.5 would also do well. Has the strap that keeps the legs against the bag when pushing. Got the bag at discountdansgolf.com

I picked up the Sun Mountain Sync + Speed Cart combo this offseason.

I've only had it out for 27 holes so far, but I'm really happy with my decision.

It's the best cart I've ever used, even if it isn't necessarily compact. I'm not a fan of the 4 wheelers, nor the rotating lead wheel either though, so your mileage may vary.

Once I decided on the cart I was debating between a couple of different bags that had the bottom cut out to fit the cart. In the end I went with a matching Sync mostly because I found it on clearance at Golf Direct Now for something like $140. (If you leave things in an abandoned cart there for a few hours / days they'll send an automated coupon code for 5% off.)

I went with the all black models since it matched my Grandaddy headcovers, but also allows me to use almost all of my other accessories too without a major league color clash.

I'll be out playing a league match tonight and I'll try and remember to grab an action shot of my setup.

ClicGear 3.5 and Sun Mountain C-130 works great for me. Just make sure you get the tour bag adapter for the ClickGear. Keeps the bag a bit more upright and helps the center of gravity and makes the cart roll easier.

I've got the Cobra Ultralight cart bag with my Clicgear 3.0 and it's an absolute perfect pair!

Have a Clicgear 3.5+. Have used a Sun Mountain Sync and 2 Ogio stand bags on it without any issues.

C130 with a bag boy quad works great! I know there are better push carts out there, but I got mine for like 70% off one year during Black Friday. Hard to beat a great deal

I bought this one from Stewart Golf USA - made in the UK - and the price is vastly reduced to $229.

Easy to assemble and put away - one button and the turn of the tray adjustment wheel - straps are very nice. Take a look - rolls straight and true, comes well equipped, and I added some accessories.

Bag - I like a bag to place on a push cart, and I want to put it on my shoulder to hit the range and serve as a carry bag - I have an H2NO light, but a SM 4.5 would also do well. Has the strap that keeps the legs against the bag when pushing. Got the bag at discountdansgolf.com

This one is interesting. I have a C130 stand bag and it doesn't sit well at all on my clickgear 3.5. I either need to replace the bag or replace the cart.

Last edited:
Clicgear 3.5+ and Titleist 14 way stand bag. The clicgear is the best cart I’ve ever owned by some way. The Titleist bag is the best I’ve owned. That bag didn’t move a millimetre no matter how rough the ground. That said, you have to be playing Titleist clubs or be ok with a bag that doesn’t match your gear.

#FiberLaunch

I really like my Bag Boy Compact 3 w/ the Sun Mountain Sync

Any bag with a Bagboy Tri Swivel 2

I've had a Caddytek push cart for years and it's been a very good cart. It's an older model and limited on storage space but I think the newer models have fixed that.

I use an older Sun Mountain Hybrid bag that works really well for everything.

I have the Speed Cart and Sync Bag and happy with both items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you still liking the Stewart Golf R1-S? I have been looking. I have the setup where it works on my Clicgear 8.0 but by the time I put on all the accessories it is a bit of time for set up and take down. This looks like it would be super easy to set up and different bags wouldn't be an issue, but want some first hand experience if I can find it.

I have an R1-S too, it’s very good. The folding mechanism is excellent.

you still liking the Stewart Golf R1-S? I have been looking. I have the setup where it works on my Clicgear 8.0 but by the time I put on all the accessories it is a bit of time for set up and take down. This looks like it would be super easy to set up and different bags wouldn't be an issue, but want some first hand experience if I can find it.

I suspect it’ll fit just about any bag. Unfolds in 5 seconds, folds in 5 seconds, very small.

The only suspect part is the flap on the cover for holding stuff, very weak so I don’t use it, but I don’t miss using it. If you want an umbrella then you’ll need to also get a special kit, which works well and would probably be $15 or something. Not sure as I’m in England.

Another vote for the CaddyTek - as far as I can tell it's as good or better than the ClicGear carts. I use a Hoofer bag on it, and it fits perfectly. Sometimes I carry, so I like having a stand bag. I have heard that some push carts don't play nice with stand bags, but no problems with the CaddyTek.

I suspect it’ll fit just about any bag. Unfolds in 5 seconds, folds in 5 seconds, very small.

The only suspect part is the flap on the cover for holding stuff, very weak so I don’t use it, but I don’t miss using it. If you want an umbrella then you’ll need to also get a special kit, which works well and would probably be $15 or something. Not sure as I’m in England.

my clicgear is very sturdy, but 2 steps to get it set up, then I need to put a velcro strap with pads on (clicgear's Cozy attachment), then put the bag on, then grab a carabiner clip so the straps will secure the bag.... plus pulling out the cup holder accessories. I am pretty pot committed on the clicgear as I have all the accessories.... If it ever craps out though the stewart RS-1 will be the one I get unless I decide to go electric.

Sun mountain v2 or micro cat for weight or if you have small trunk, and the C130. It can hold everything and comes in the red, white and blue and flag

I've got a clicgear 3.5+ with a Ping Pioneer Cart Bag and have no complaints. So much storage for everything I need and a bunch of stuff I don't need.

Back