Best restaurant meal you have ever eaten?

This is easy. We ate at Alain Ducasse's Le Jules Verne on the 2nd floor of the Eiffel Tower in 2016.

pan-seared sea bream over quinoa
crab claws and seafood gelee over gold caviar
stuffed courgette
sea bass over greens and mushrooms
seared filet w/ fois gras w/ souffleed potatoes
peach verbena sorbet w/ red currant juice
chocolate "tower nut" w/ praline

champagne to bookend the meal w/ wine pairings along the way.

insane.

We are looking at going there in April. Glad to hear it was the best restaurant meal you have ever had.

It's also a price menu and the night we were there it was $350 per person or $700 if you wanted the wine pairings. We had been tasting at a few wineries that afternoon and brought our own bottle and the corkage charge was $150, lol. The standard corkage at all the other expensive restaurants in California is $35. We went back to the Silverado Resort where we were staying and drank in the room and hot tub late into the night.:)

$150 corkage fee??????? go f—k yourselves. but i guess if people will pay it and still clamor to dine there, go for it. but jeez that’s crazy

Buckhead’s Restaurant in Richmond, VA. 8oz filet with crab meat on top. The crab meat had some kind of white sauce with it that was so freaking good.

Mine was a fantastic steak dinner at JAX Grill and Lounge in Grande Prairie, Alberta. The steak was super juicy, perfectly cooked and full of flavour. Sides were very complimentary to the star. I will absolutely visit again next time through.

Tough one... but I'll go with an American Wagyu ribeye steak from Cut at the Palazzo in Vegas. Wolfgang Puck's steakhouse that has a great selection from corn fed, grass fed, wagyu, etc.. .Every cut of meat you can think of and the service was exceptional. Highly recommend next time you're in Vegas.

Sparks Steakhouse in NYC and also Carmine's, the one on Broadway.

Had meals at both previously but on a particular visit to each, I was blown away.

Prime sirloin at Sparks, chicken parm at Carmine's.

As for pizza, no place in the entire world can top Louie & Ernie's on Crosby Ave in the Bronx.

Korat Air Force Base in Thailand...Thai Army and Air Force wives always ran their chow halls...home cooked food. As I was there twice a year for 15 years, I became friends with the ladies running the chow hall and they would make me all kinds of Thai food.

One year we went backpacking in very rural Idaho. We got rained on for like 5 straight days and were miserable. We decided to hike out in one day to end the misery. That ended up being an all day 20 mile hike over like 6 ridges. We were filthy, exhausted, hungry, cold and wet. We hopped in our cars and came upon a random country diner just as they closed. Probably the only food for 50 miles. We begged them to let us in. Thankfully they did. What followed is my most memorable meal - chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, veggies, Diet Coke and strawberry shake. The rest of the group had other traditional diner food - bacon burgers, patty melts, etc. to this day when we get together with that couple we inevitably end up talking about that meal.

Dry-aged Ribeye and French onion soup at Ringside Steakhouse and Portland OR.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jesus....uhhh I’ll get back to you on this.

Two come to mind.

One was an all you can eat lobster dinner on a Princess Cruise to Alaska.

The other was quite unexpected. There is a place called the Maple Street Grill in Florence, Oregon. Turns out the name was a holdover from prior owners. A couple bought it around 3 years ago. This was their lifelong dream to own a restaurant. The wife is the main cook. A culinary school graduate with honors. But she grew up in Romania and her cooking has a pronounced Eastern European influence. This lady does things to create flavors that are UNBELIEVABLE. I had pork chops with mashed potatoes and green beans that sounds so ordinary, but it was extraordinary I assure you. I've had several different menu items there and every item has been to die for!

Last edited:
This one is hard .... Off the top of my head the one that stands out is the smoked prime rib at Jamie's in Sacramento. Saw it on Diners/Drive-ins and Dives and when I was in Sacramento for work had to check it out. It did not disappoint. So tender and flavorful, it just melted!

Many, many years ago I was the international sales manager for a company that made electro-mechanical relays. I traveled to Europe a few times and back in those days when you did that you hit all the European countries and trips would typically last about 6 weeks. On one such trip I was in the Netherlands and my agent took me to dinner at a great restaurant in Eindhoven, near the Belgian border. I ordered the Dover Sole and they prepared it by steaming it. The waiter brought it to the table and filleted one side of the fish. I swear it melted in my mouth and was the most delicious fish I had ever tasted. Just as I sat back to savor the meal the waiter came back to fillet the other side of the fish.

This meal was back in the 1970's and I remember it to this day. I think that is quite a testament to just how good it was!

My 2 favorite restaurants are in Vegas at the opposite ends of the spectrum. Prime in the Bellagio, which is a superb steakhouse, and Gonzales y Gonzales in New York New York which does a great margarita and salsa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I am adding this to the short list (y)

You have to make reservations for it. I think they run the lunch special until 4. I think they also have a special on sundays too but not as good a price.

One of my most memorable meals recently was on our trip to KC. We ate at Q39 and our table ordered basically every meat on the menu and we all shared it family style. The wings and Chipotle sausage was my favorite
. 15379156-001A-498D-985C-DCC3A831E05D.jpegE583590F-7DC5-4E4A-9D8A-E4E8CDC678A7.jpegEFC81C46-9BA4-4F76-A93C-4482A166B5CC.jpeg

I gotta go with a twofer.....
Kona rubbed NY Strip at Capital Grill NYC
Catching Sushi like a Seal as it's throw over counter by Nori at Ichiban Hartford

The wife and I ate at Pittsburgh Blue recently and I had the salmon with a horseradish crust and cheesy hash browns. I just shoveled it in.

Back