Best shafts for irons and why?

Ahh....do I dare say the one that fits you best?

So many great options, weights, profiles, feels etc..
this is the way

There is no best iron shaft, but there is a best iron shaft for you. There is so many different shafts with different profiles and weights.

There is no best iron shaft, but there is a best iron shaft for you. There is so many different shafts with different profiles and weights.
Yes, exactly. What may work very well for one person, may be a complete dud for another.

what did you play in the i200s? did you like them? did it seem to do well for your game? do you have a brand you like? are you open to graphite if you used steel previously or vice versa?

It's different for all of us. The feel and trajectory are super important, and I have to play and demo the shafts to figure that out. I'm a huge fan of the Dynamic Gold AMT series's progressive weighting, where the shafts get 3 grams progressively heavier with each club as you move from long irons to the wedge(106-130 grams in S or X). For me, the heavier weight is more accurate with the shorter irons, and the longer irons having lighter shafts make it more effortless to swing them faster and get a little additional launch angle.

Thanks everyone. I know it seemed obvious but was looking for insight from experience.
Made the switch after weeks of research and trying out multiple iron sets and different shaft combos.
Finally bit the bullet with a 4-gw, T100s project x 6.0 LZ 120gram set.
Spring time in Minnesota in full effect, just a few weeks out from opener! 😁

Thanks everyone. I know it seemed obvious but was looking for insight from experience.
Made the switch after weeks of research and trying out multiple iron sets and different shaft combos.
Finally bit the bullet with a 4-gw, T100s project x 6.0 LZ 120gram set.
Spring time in Minnesota in full effect, just a few weeks out from opener! 😁

Congrats on the new sticks! I got an email from Stonebrooke GC today that they are open tomorrow so I snagged a 8:50 tee time. As you know, the forecast is 65* and sunny and it’s the earliest I remember playing in Minnesota.

Congrats on the new sticks! I got an email from Stonebrooke GC today that they are open tomorrow so I snagged a 8:50 tee time. As you know, the forecast is 65* and sunny and it’s the earliest I remember playing in Minnesota.

I was wondering when I would hear the first track opening! My home course is Bunker Hills, still plenty of snow here but we’re right around the corner!
Long n straight tomorrow!

Back