Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironically, my best shot got me in trouble. 175 par 3 to a raised green. Shot is to aim right, ball kicks left to the middle of the green. Pured a 4 iron. Too well, carried the 'kick point' straight into the bunker...still smiling as I walked up though, my best iron strike for a long time!

Ironically, my best shot got me in trouble. 175 par 3 to a raised green. Shot is to aim right, ball kicks left to the middle of the green. Pured a 4 iron. Too well, carried the 'kick point' straight into the bunker...still smiling as I walked up though, my best iron strike for a long time!

Keep it up fella and you'll be the one to watch at the Belfry - but nothing quite like catching a shot pure is there?!

Playing in our matchplay championship - and find myself 3 down after 4. Onto our 5th - a 175 yard par 3 over water and slightly uphill wind against.

Ashley (my opponent and top guy) hits the ball to about 10 feet so no pressure - this match could be all over! Take an extra club and just try and focus on putting a good swing on it - right at the pin about 15 feet from the hole and made the birdie putt to get back into the match. Love being able to respond when the pressure's been put on you (rarely happens but so much sweeter when it does!)

Keep it up fella and you'll be the one to watch at the Belfry - but nothing quite like catching a shot pure is there?!

Absolutely! Last four or five holes today, I was long on every approach - like a club long! Very encouraging!

Best shot of the round was definitely a 3w to about 12 feet from ~180 yards on a par 3 in very windy conditions.

Missed the birdie by about 4".

7i from 171 to 12 feet. Missed the putt....story of today's round.

eja3epab.jpg

Number 18. 97 yard 54 degree to a foot. Good birdie to end.

It was my Opening tee shot which ended up in the fairway bunker fronting the green. I hit a lazy draw off the right edge of the trap. Big deal right, for a guy that had lost this shot up until today. It was a welcome sight.
Also the fact that I flew it into the trap with the Stage2 means I'm getting my timing back cuz that is a 270 carry.

It was my Opening tee shot which ended up in the fairway bunker fronting the green. I hit a lazy draw off the right edge of the trap. Big deal right, for a guy that had lost this shot up until today. It was a welcome sight.
Also the fact that I flew it into the trap with the Stage2 means I'm getting my timing back cuz that is a 270 carry.

FUBUKI!!!! hehe

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365374396.063581.jpg

Almost eagled our par 4 #18 using a 7i on my approach from the rough. Tap in bird.

Last edited:
Had 172 to the pin on a longish par 4, pin was tucked behind a bunker on the top shelf of the green. Hit a nice high draw with my 6 iron to about 6 feet...worked it right around the bunker.

8 iron on the 145 yd 8th:

enuvyve6.jpg

After topping my drive, I had 211 to the front of the green on a par 4. A threesome was on the green, and the 211 was actually to the guy standing near the front. I pulled 5w, which is normally my 205-ish club, but haven't hit it more than 190 or so lately - just hoping to leave a 10-20 yard chip up to the green. Well, of course, I pured it, flew it about 3 yards onto the green and missed the guy who was putting by about 3 feet. Then it rolled out a good 15-20 yards past the green. One of those "I'm Sorry!" (but not really!) kind of moments :banana:

Then, on the last hole of the day, I was going for a par-5 green in 2 with my 3w from about 230 out. I was gun-shy after the above incident, so I waited forever for the green to clear - and then topped it about 100 yards or so. I did drain a ~20 foot par putt on that one, though, so I got to end on a positive note.

View attachment 8863

Almost eagled our par 4 #18 using a 7i on my approach from the rough. Tap in bird.

This was truly an incredible shot! She lofted it high in the high to a elevated green and it look like it was going down the stack. We got up there and boom baby! :bomb: It was tighter than a tic on a Georgia hound.:D

330 yard Par 4 downwind with bunkers lining the left and right and a narrow fairway. I went for it and landed 10 yards from the green and chipped on and drained an 8 footer for birdie. Might be the best hole Ive had all year

Par 5 tee shot bounced out of bounds, dropped and had 220 left hit a blind 4 iron to pin high just right of the green.

Had about 230 or so to the green on a par 5 for my second shot.
Hit it on the green for a pretty makeable eagle try. Got a birdie but it was a great hole.

View attachment 8863

But did you make the putt on that green? Hahaha. Great shot! That's one way to make sure you don't 3-putt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I made a 15ish footer, right to left breaker, to save par on the number one rated hole after "lagging" to that spot with my first putt.

Hit a terrible tee shot on a 210 yard par 3, well off to the right. Knocked it on with a sand wedge to about 20 feet. Walked up fully expecting to 2-putt and get my bogey, but I rolled that 20-footer in. What a great par save that was.

Best shot yesterday was a chip in for birdie on no 8 from about 6 yards after a really poor pitch shot that went over the green. Still it helped my putting stats...

But did you make the putt on that green? Hahaha. Great shot! That's one way to make sure you don't 3-putt!

I took a gimme because I didn't want to chance missing. ;)

Awesome shot KB! I would have taken the gimmie as well. On those greens I bet that putt still had a two foot break. Haha.

TapAhoy!

Still no guarantee of avoiding a three-putt from there at MCC.

I didn't really have a best shot yesterday that I can recall. Maybe my 5 iron on 17 to like 12 feet left pin high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back