Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best shot today was a 20 foot putt. The greens were very fast and I was having trouble adjusting, but this one just fell right in. Made me happy.

Long putts that fall are the shiznit. Congrats on that Diane!

I didn't have any fantastic shots today. Seemed like whenever I hit a pretty good shot I'd chunk or blade the next! Pretty below average day all around.

Best shot today was a 20 foot putt. The greens were very fast and I was having trouble adjusting, but this one just fell right in. Made me happy.

Congrats on a great putt on fast greens and using a different ball.

Cut PW from first cut 125 yards out to inside a foot, first par 4 birdie I have had in a long time.

147 yard par 3. Hit a 9 iron 20 feet past the cup and spun the ball back 12 feet. Finished off the 8 foot putt for birdie. First time I have ever pulled the string on a shot like that before. That shot felt great!!!

I hit a shot this past week end I was pretty proud of. 2nd hole at Cedar Ridge in Utah, I landed on the left side of the fairway, and had the "hip" of a hill blocking my view to the flag. How I missed all those prairie dogs I can't say. My sky caddie said 140 to the center of the green. After using a tree standing above the hill side as a guide, I knocked this blind shot to about 2' of the pin, and made my birdie putt. :clapp:

Monday, I had a good fairway lie, but was firing at a green that ran away from me left to right over a wash. No where short to bail. I hit a 3 iron draw that landed in the middle of the green and ran back leaving me 20 ft for birdie, which I missed of course.

Playing the Blue Course at Bethpage on Monday on the 6th hole, which is the index 1 hole 462 yard par four dogleg to the left. I hit a drive to the corner and had 205 to the middle of the green slightly uphill with the wind off the left. I hit a 3-iron to 10 feet. That was quite good fun. Left the putt short :banghead:

Drove the green on #7 at Tenison Park Highlands in my round yesterday after work. Par 4, 301 yards to the pin. Left myself a putt from 3o feet and missed the eagle. Got a birdie though. Had two that day though, hit a 4 iron out of the light rough from 205 over a big 50-60 plus foot oak tree to within 6 feet. Not sure which was better.

I made a 12 foot putt for birdie from off the fringe. Uphill left to right break, it made my day.

Had to be the 3i I hit in on 18 to 15 ft for eagle. I had a pretty tight fairway lie but still managed to get the ball clean. It was tracking all the way, hit the front of the green and hopped to a stop pretty quickly for a 3i.

Nice C-Tech.

Purest shot this week was a 6 iron hit into a 1 club wind with a slight draw at around 160 meters (175 yards) landed the ball on the top shelf and stuck it 5 feet to setup a birdie.

Shots like that keep me coming back for more.

I played today at a course out in Jersey with my boss called Essex Fells. It was a very nice layout and in near perfect condition. First private course I've played in a while out here. It wasn't as good as the previous one. But I digress.

11th hole - 497 yard par five with a little bit of breeze helping and all uphill. I hit a decent drive, leaving myself 233 (I know this because I was right next to a sprinkler head that said 233 on it and my skycaddie confirmed it). I hit 2-iron and just crushed it, finished up about 15 feet left and 10 feet short of the hole. Missed my eagle, but I enjoyed that approach shot.

On the 3rd hole on my course it is 172 yards all over water par 3. I hit a soft 6 iron and cupped it. It went straight into the cup on the fly. Of course it bounced out and left me with a 15-20 foot putt for birdie (which I missed). It also broke the cup with a giant crack down the middle. Very cool and very loud.

On the 3rd hole on my course it is 172 yards all over water par 3. I hit a soft 6 iron and cupped it. It went straight into the cup on the fly. Of course it bounced out and left me with a 15-20 foot putt for birdie (which I missed). It also broke the cup with a giant crack down the middle. Very cool and very loud.

What a great shot! Too bad it didn't stay in the cup, but still a fantastic shot. Was that the closest you've come to a hole-in-one JB?

Thanks Bonk. I have an ace or two in my bag in my "career".

538 Par 5, 90* dogleg right. Hooked my driver onto an adjacent hole. Tried to hit a 6 over trees back onto the hole, caught a tree and went under them. Hit a 5w around 230 over trees, landed just beside the green on a hill. Flop shot chip in for bird.

520 yard par 5. I hit a monster long 310 yard tee shot (second longest Ihave ever hit), I normally hit it about 260 or 270. Then a 3 metal and put if on the front of the green for a shot at eagle. Two of the best shot I have ever had and back to back!! oh yea I three putted for par.

4 iron from right at 200 yards just off the fairway to within about 4 feet of a back pin, missed the putt because it was too dark to see when I got up there.

Played a new course today (Sebastian GC) and on the 8th hole hit a shot that still has me both shocked and glowing. It's a 316 yard Par 4 (played 314 today), with water on the right side and two small inlets past the tees and before the green. Here's a picture.

Hole%208%20Sign.JPG

Decided to go with my driver (hello - Ego thread anyone?) and absolutely crushed the ball. Usually when straight I'm 250-275 yards off the tee. This one was the longest I think I've ever hit. Cleared the water (about a 250-260 carry) and ended up on the green 15 feet from the pin.

I still can't believe that shot. Of course, I missed the putt but got the 2nd one for a birdie!

I had a shot from 10 yards off the green about 5 feet above the pin. The pin was close to my side of the green and we were playing a scramble. The other players had 2 balls on the green already so I thought I would try a lob shot - not something I practice. The ball went up and landed IN the hole. It didn't touch anything, no grass, no pin, it just disappeared in the hole.

Those are the shots that make you come back again. Nice.

Congrats on the great shot, whwishon. I have yet to pull off a shot like that.

Yesterday, at Cog Hill, I opened with birds on 1 & 2. My best shot of the round was on the green on #2. I left myself with about a 25 foot double breaker. Of course, my intention was only to get it within a 2.5 foot radius of the hole, but I had the speed of the greens down and sank it. That was the highlight of my round and it certainly gave me increased confidence for the next few holes. Of course, the golf gods know exactly how to tear that confidence down, and they didn't wait too long to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back