Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, 5i, 194 in second shot on a par 5.

f789b27fc76023a54e66e2e89281e5e7.jpg

This was from Sunday at El Campeon. #18 water all the way down the right & I striped a drive down the middle leaving myself 148 to the pin.

0893dac31be595f652108f3e61a6deb0.jpg

Yesterday on hole 4 on my home course I pulled a drive left into the trees. 194 to the pin, tall tree in front of me, wind right to left. Had a window to the right. Punch out or hit a sweeping draw around the tree? I hit hooded 7 iron wanting to stay short of the cap to the right of the green. Hit the perfect wrap around the trees (about 40yd turn) landed front right and rolled on to the green to 12ft

From Sunday. The 15th hole is a short, tight par four. I hit a horrible tee shot, leaving myself 140 yards to the hole on the side of the hill with the ball way below my feet. The pin was tucked behind a bunker in the far right corner of the elevated green. I aimed for the middle of the green. The ball faded big time and landed pin high, 6 feet from the pin.

From Saturday, El Campeon.
#17, third shot. Wedge from 123 yds.
Ball hit the flag (not the pin, the cloth) with a L to R cross wind. Ball landed about 9 feet away, just off the green.
Fairband heard it and saw it. Plin and Canadan were there, but not paying attention.
Missed the birdie, made the par putt.

Made a 70 foot putt today. Had to putt it almost off the green so it could curl back to the hole. It curled hard from right to left, and then left to right at the very end, and appeared to come to a complete rest on the edge of the cup...but fell.

I've never experienced anything like that.

I holed a sand shot where I was short sided and the green was seriously sloped away from me.

6i from 182 into a par 5 in two to 4 feet, made the putt too.

Best Shot Of Your Round

This was mine and OGs approach shots on #1 today. I had to cut him out. His was from 140 and mine was from 100.
787f9e125c92ec0959ce5dda3abd4568.jpg

Yes I made the putt for birdie.

7 iron from 170 to 2 feet on a par 3. Only birdie of the day.

7 iron from 170 to 2 feet on a par 3. Only birdie of the day.

Go back to work already!

Nice bird, though jealous you're playing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fifty yard pitch to (nearly) impossible pin nestled between two mounds on a narrow corner of the green. The ball hit on the front side of the first mound and trickled over and nearly went in for eagle but I don't mind 6 inch birdie putts.

Go back to work already!

Nice bird, though jealous you're playing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only my 5th bird at the course.
I worked Tuesday. One day a week gets tiring. And you have been "off" all week too!

Long putt on a par 5 for birdie! Hit a great drive so tried to go for it in two, but effed that shot up and still had 175yd in. Managed to get it on in reg but past the pin by about 50 feet or so. Just was hoping to lag it close, but I buried it!

Had 95 yards uphill for my third shot into a Par 4 (don't ask). Large slope behind the hole that funneled something long back down to the hole.

I hit a 3/4 54* past the hole and used the slope to bring it back down to the hole. Nestled it to a few inches for a kick-in par.

Just like I drew up that hole...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second really nice shot was from a long green side bunker (or a short fairway bunker, depending on how you define it). Either way, about 40 yards downhill to the hole.

The pin was tucked into a corner. To the left was water, long was a ridge that led to a lower level of the green. Bail out was to the right and short.

I hit a nice shot that ended up inside of five feet to the right and just short of pin high. Rolled in the birdie as well.

I hit a 52 wedge to 12 and 3 feet on two consecutive holes and drained both for birdies.

Tee shot on an uphill par 3, smooth 8 iron to 12 feet. No much good from today's round

Lob shot 10 yards from flag over bunker on a downhill green. Flag was tight to bunker. Landed 5 feet from flag and no roll.

PW from 116 on a par 4 to 8 feet.....missed the birdie.

I was pretty happy with an uphill right to left breaking 10 footer for a sandie to save par on the 1st hole. It was well struck, well read and went in the center of the hole. Sinking a tester at the start of the round gave me confidence going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back