Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit my drive with a slight draw into the trees on the left side of a very narrow fairway on a par 5. When I got to my ball I found that I only had a 1 foot window between two trees to hit my shot. I had about 240 to go but had to carry it over a bunker that was 230 and I knew I had to draw it a bit because the window between the trees pointed to the right of the green. I told everyone to step back and heads up (just in case I hit a tree) and ended up hitting a perfect 250 yard shot that landed just at the front of the green and bounced to the back.

I honestly could not see the shot at all but was amazed at the result. I ended up 3 putting for par though, my putter decided to take the day off.

Hit a hybrid left of the green and it planted right against a tree but I was right in line with the flag. I hit a flipped over 60* left handed onto the green to about 6 feet.

My best shot last round was a hybrid shot out of the mud far left of the fairway that landed 10ft in front of the green that resulted in a nice up and down. I fall in love with my hybrid more and more every time I use it.

Dang, nice shots guys. I will have to bow out as well. Nothing that spectacular.

Also, nice drive Pete, that is some serious distance and accuracy. Did you make the putt? Or at least birdie?

Had maybe 40 feet for eagle, knocked it about 3 feet past. Easy birdie. 2-putted for birdie 4 times in that round!

Played awful last night. Truly awful. Everything off the tee was short and couldn't hit my irons straight - it was just one of those nights where I didn't feel like I had it. The bright spot was the 7th hole - Par 4, I hit my 3rd shot into the sand and was pretty sure I was ending up with a double bogey. Wasn't even trying to hit it close, just wanted to get it out and hit it solid. Trickled right into the cup. Actually had witnesses this time so it was a pretty good feeling.

Awesome that one good shot can make up for such a terrible round. Gotta love and hate this game.

Nothing really stood out today for me, played pretty solidly all day apart from one hole.

My rust from not playing in two weeks really showed up yesterday. The best shot from me was a chip to an uphill hole that was across the green and just five feet from the fringe. I chipped it to within a foot and tapped in for par. It was the only par I had yesterday. :disapointed:

Stuck a 4H center of the green from 195 out from the second cut. Ball was about 1 foot from it's divot. Shot just had a perfect trajectory. Couldn't have hit it better.

After that I 3 putted for bogey when a 3 footer rim'd out on me :banghead:

My drive on #12, 313 yards. Probably had 70 yards of roll but it was long.

My putting was good again, finally!

yesterday - Par 3 285ish to the center

Pin was a tad closer to the front.
off the tee I duffed it 60ish to the left.
2nd shot I hit it 200-210 with my trusty 3h right into the green.

I hit my 8 iron on our #2 par 4 hole to about 2-3' from the pin for a nice birdie.

I was playing two balls tee to green yesterday and hit two great wedge shots each from about 100 yards (on the same hole). First one was hit to about 4-5 feet, so I said let's stick the next one closer, hit about 6 feet past the hole and spun back to 6".

yesterday - Par 3 285ish to the center

Pin was a tad closer to the front.
off the tee I duffed it 60ish to the left.
2nd shot I hit it 200-210 with my trusty 3h right into the green.

A 285 yard par 3??!! that is insane!

off the false front on a par 3 and couldnt putt it due to sprinkler heads in the way so i bumped it with an 8i
ran about 50ft to just behind the hole

chip in for my first eagle on a par 5. first time I scored par or better on that hole

I recently broke par (shot 69 on a short par 70 course) for the first time and I got sooooo lucky on 18 to do it. The hole is 385 up hill with bunkers on the right. I hit my drive in the bunker and hit my second shot 30 yards right of the green. I'm usually pretty good at getting up and down, so I figured I had a good chance. I completely chunked the chip shot and still had a 15 yard chip shot for par with a huge left break. My father was hitting out the bunker on the other side of the green and he knocked it in. I figured well, now it's my turn. I hit my chip perfectly couple of feet right of the hole and it broke the perfect amount and dropped in. Strange thing is that the first time I broke 80 a few years ago, I needed to get up and down to shoot 79 and I chipped in for a 78. I don't think I have to worry about breaking 60:ac

Probably one of my many drained putts. Holed about 30 yards of putts today. Was seriously on fire on the greens.

I forgot to add my best shot of my round from the other day but I had a few that were good. The one that sticks out was reaching a green side bunker on the No. 18 par 5 from 240 out with my 3h - played a a nice draw and was just off by a few feet of it running on the green instead of the bunker. Crisp swing and shot - that great 'Ping!' off the deck.

The No. 2 par 4 - chipping from the lower part of the apron - laid it up to about 5' away to get my first par of the day.

Hit a terrible drive on a short par 4 had 175 in had tree trouble all over couldn't see the green at all. Had to hit a low fade so I pulled 4 iron hit a great shot, but didn't know where it ended up. Look over the hill and it is NICE past the hole 3 ft for a tap in birdie. Definitely the highlight of the round.

best shot was a A wedge from 110 yards over some huge trees landed it 10ft from the hole. infact im A wedge was hot today

shot from a couple days ago..

shot from a couple days ago..

Par 5, 510 yards..

Hit my drive into the first cut of rough down the right side.

Lad about 170 left. Hit a 8 iron into the elevated green. Pin was tucked in behind a grren side bunker. Came up a tad short of the green and my ball rolled back down in to the bunker.

Standing in the bunker I could just see the top couple inches of the pin.

58* wedge up high ad lots of spin to 3 feet left of the hole. Easy birdie put.

last 5 holes on the front nine I played -2.

This morning played the course on Fta Stewart. Hole 16 is a par 4 hard dog leg to the left with a pond tucked right up to the turn. Usually tee placement is far enough back that there is a large pine in the way of even considering shooting a blind drive right at the green. Well today was a differnt story the tees were as far up as they could go. I teed up and let one rip over the woods and lost it beind the trees. Drove down the hole and there it was right on the fringe with some concerned golfers still on the green. I drive up and appolagize for the closnes of the shot got congrated and birdied the hole out. The rest of the round was crap though.

short par3 skulled my 8i over the green... way wayyy over the green
blind shot at the flag from behind the green with a 60* and from what they told me i jarred it for birdie

Big drive of the day put me in wedge distance, which I dropped to about 4 feet.. Ruined the hole with a lipped birdie putt, but very satisfied with the two shots prior to the lipper!!

Made a 60ft par putt from the fringe. Was a bright spot in an otherwise dreary round.

Tap tap taparoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back