Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a worst shot thread? Cause the one where I snapped my PW at the hosel by hitting a root I couldn't see was it.

Took a while to get the broken bit of shaft out after I got home. I didn't have much shaft left to try and pull it out, so after heating it up I ended up drilling it out and cleaning it up. Now I wait for a replacement shaft. I'll be PW-less when I play this week.

first 2 drives were the only shots that were decent today both were pretty and both split the fws

Knock down 7 iron to a 1ft and half on 175yd par 3. Hitting my 3 Hybrid off the tee 289 yards yesterday in the middle of the fairway.

Is there a worst shot thread? Cause the one where I snapped my PW at the hosel by hitting a root I couldn't see was it.

Took a while to get the broken bit of shaft out after I got home. I didn't have much shaft left to try and pull it out, so after heating it up I ended up drilling it out and cleaning it up. Now I wait for a replacement shaft. I'll be PW-less when I play this week.

There is a worst shot of your round thread, I started it lol. Do a quick search, you'll find it. I'd post a link but I'm on my phone.

An ugly bladed shot with my gap wedge from 85 yards out to one foot from the pin for a tap in birdie. The score card doesn't tell how ugly it was.

5 iron out of deeeeep rough off the right side of the fairway under a branch from 175-180 out.

Don't know how I did it but got it just left of and under the branch, landed just short of the green with a tad of fade and bounced on and inside of 5 feet.

Now I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like I knew that was gonna happen. All I know is that I regurgitated some old Golf Fix stuff I remembered watching (play to back of stance, open clubface, swing steeep) and did that. Thank you Michael Breed... or good luck fairy... whichever...

5 iron out of deeeeep rough off the right side of the fairway under a branch from 175-180 out.

Don't know how I did it but got it just left of and under the branch, landed just short of the green with a tad of fade and bounced on and inside of 5 feet.

Now I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like I knew that was gonna happen. All I know is that I regurgitated some old Golf Fix stuff I remembered watching (play to back of stance, open clubface, swing steeep) and did that. Thank you Michael Breed... or good luck fairy... whichever...

Great shot Colt, love it when a plan comes together. Mine was a 5i as well yesterday.

Long par 5, the green is only 168, but way up hill and against the wind. I strip my 5i that sticks the front and some how stops, (guessing the wind helped), 5 foot below the flag for a team birdi.

299 yard par 4 10th hole - Hit driver that carried to the front of the green and stopped about 15 feet away from the pin! Two-putt birdie to kick off a great back 9 for me.

Playing the back 9 yesterday. 16th hole is an almost 90 degree dogleg left par 4. Only plays about 310 but greening it is almost impossible due to trees running down the leftside from the tees to where it starts to turn. The hole has a nice landing area in front of the green. It pull out my 18 degree hybrid and hit a rocket draw right around the bend. Get up to my ball and I'm about 55 yards out right in the middle of the fairway. The green is elevated from the landing area with two large guarding bunkers. Take out my 56* and hit. Ball hops once, checks up, and rolls into the hole for the eagle. Best shot I've hit in a while.

par3 181 pin tucked behind a bunker left upper tier
hit a ridic 5i that checked like a wedge pin high right 10ft
shorted the birdie
crushed the par
5ft bogey putt in it to win it... not

That would definitely be the 10 footer that dropped today. Mid sprinkler.

stuck a 6i 2ft out and birdied it
chipped a 60* from deep rough above the hole between the bunker and the green right into the cup(for a bogey)
2 great shots on 2 consecutive holes

hit alot of great drives today drove 3 greens really happy about that because my driving had been a bit off lately but on the 5th hole long par 4 403 yards index 2 skyed my drive only went about 180 left me with 203 from the rough with a tree in my line. decided to hit my 3 hybrid and caught it dead on cut around the tree perfectly landing about 15ft from the pin missed the bird but i was very happy with the par considering my tee

277 yard Par 4 8th Hole. 3w drove the green to about 15ft. Missed the putt but tapped in for birdie

15ft eagle putt from just off the fringe on #17.

130ish Par 3 with 2 bunkers left and right front of the hole. Hit my 9 pin high but about 10ft right. It was a beauty of a shot but wicked ugly putting for par!!!

Probably the 140 yd wedge shot out of the bunker, which left me about 7 feet for birdie.

Made a nice sand save for par. Long par 5 and managed to shot past the green and into a bunker. So made a 20yard pitch out of the bunker that ended up 1feet from the cup for a tap in par.

lots of ridic shots today
but the most memorable had to be on a short par3
flew the green with my 7i to the back fringe
had a hell of a 40 footer that had to go up a hill break right then down a hill
i walked after i hit it thinking theres no way in heck... right into the bottom of the cup for a bird
i freaked out... jumped up an down flailing hahaha

hole #9, par 2 142 to the middle, pin was in the back, guessed 148

Hit a smooth 9 iron, spung back pin high to the right, 8 foot putt for birdie which I made

I was having a totally strange round to begin with. Every hole it was something different but save the first hole where I made bogie I made pars all day long. However only few occasions did I make a sort of regular par as in drive. approach, two putt for par on a 4. More often it was great drive and crummy approach followed by an up and down or crummy drive followed by hole saving approach and an up and down.

There is a par 3 on this course that plays at about 165 with mounds lining the left side of the green which sloops back to front and left side down to right side. I usually aim for those mounds on the left side and either allow my ball to bounce off of them onto the green or hit the green itself.

This time I goofed and actually hit it left of the mounds.....oppps. So now I am confronted with a second shot that is blind. Since I am on the wrong side of the mounds I cannot actually see the very small area that I must hit in order to both get onto the green while keeping the ball from just running right off of it since it sloops from that left side to the right side. I landed my pitch right in the small space (about two feet wide) that I had and it rolled on about 12' stopped rolling right directly below the hole leaving me a putt of about ten feet straight up the hill.This I sank for par. That second shot was just the kind of shot that you hear the announcers go on and on about in the tour telecasts as without squeezing the ball into that little space, blind no less, the ball would have run right off the green, likely into a bunker. I new it had a chance as it went over the mounds as it looked like I had hit it just right but I could not see it land or roll. I did not ever think I would have a hole that would be comparable to anything the pros do yet that is exactly what happened.

170 yrd par3 with a stiff hot wind blowing across and in my face
5i low and right at it to 6ft
shorted the birdie tap in par

340 yard par 4, drove the green made a 6 foot putt to make eagle. I wasn't that impressed, I make birdie on that hole all the time, it was expected more than a celebration.
6 holes later at a 500 yard par 5, I drove right about 300 then a 5 iron to the green that almost went in. I tapped it in for another eagle!!! I've had three in 8 years and two happened on the same day. Needless to say I'm glad I was playing with my regular foursome. Shot 82 for the round on a 6777 yard 72.8/126 course

My :nike: VR Pro wedges were fantastic tonight.. Dropped one ball literally one ball length to the left of the pin.. Almost slam dunked it (don't worry about the extra ten feet of roll after that hahahaha). Dropped another one slightly in front and to the right, but spun it back within a foot.. Just really great looking shots and the right amount of action..

Love em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back