Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hooked my drive OB. I hit my provisional and hooked that too. I had to stand really close to traffic to hit my second (4th) shot. I hit a 3 hybrid onto the par5 green (I don't know the distance, but it was a little over 230 I think). I had a relatively easy putt to get up and down from 230 or so out (which I missed of course). My ball actually hit in front of the green and rolled onto it. I was so happy with the shot that I posed till it came to a stop. I had a car honk at me. Oh the joys of playing golf on a crappy course at my new home.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

Very cool holding the pose SethO, I like that as much as the shot. I know the guy blowing the horn was celebrating with you.

I hooked my drive OB. I hit my provisional and hooked that too. I had to stand really close to traffic to hit my second (4th) shot. I hit a 3 hybrid onto the par5 green (I don't know the distance, but it was a little over 230 I think). I had a relatively easy putt to get up and down from 230 or so out (which I missed of course). My ball actually hit in front of the green and rolled onto it. I was so happy with the shot that I posed till it came to a stop. I had a car honk at me. Oh the joys of playing golf on a crappy course at my new home.

un huh. That was some old cougar there staring your booty down son and you were not giving her the time of day :D

This morning: First hole. Slight (ok, maybe not so slight) fade about 10yds right of the first cut. Unfortunately, I'm now 167 out with about 5 trees in my line. I couldn't even see the green behind the trees, but knew it was there and had a decent aim point. Knocked it high, over the trees, perfect yardage, left of pin about 15ft. I was :egyptian: 2-putt save-par right out of the box.

This morning: First hole. Slight (ok, maybe not so slight) fade about 10yds right of the first cut. Unfortunately, I'm now 167 out with about 5 trees in my line. I couldn't even see the green behind the trees, but knew it was there and had a decent aim point. Knocked it high, over the trees, perfect yardage, left of pin about 15ft. I was :egyptian: 2-putt save-par right out of the box.

Talk about your feel bad, feel awesome swing! That hole was probably more emotional than a woman in menopause. Great recovery man!

Woo hoo, that would have been the shot of the day on TV, nice recovery buddy.

I hit a pitching wedge to a back green hole location today, the green slopes slightly downhill but the back is fairly level.

Landed about 7 feet past the hole, and rolled back to about a foot. Felt awesome. Easy birdie.

I hit my 2h from about 230 yds out that rolled down a hill and right up onto the green. Putting for eagle. of course I make par.

Yesterday, had 99 yards with a green behind a pond and a tree in front of pond with the pin lined up behind the tree from my angle. PW to 12 or 14 inches for a tap in birdie.

Yesterday: Par 3 over pond - pin on back left side playing about 140 yards with light wind in our face. The member I was playing with told me the hole usually played a club longer. I waivered on club selection and ended up going with my Mashie M5 and told myself to just take a 3/4 swing and put a smooth stroke on it. I flew it 6' to the right pin high. I love that Mashie. I missed the birdie putt though. :(

2 days ago: Short par 5 at same course above (Healy Point). Hit really good drive and got good bounce off slope to middle of FW. Hit my Cleveland HB3 6 iron to 10' below hole. Made putt for eagle. That was my 4th eagle this year but first one ever away from my home course.

Yesterday: Par 3 over pond - pin on back left side playing about 140 yards with light wind in our face. The member I was playing with told me the hole usually played a club longer. I waivered on club selection and ended up going with my Mashie M5 and told myself to just take a 3/4 swing and put a smooth stroke on it. I flew it 6' to the right pin high. I love that Mashie. I missed the birdie putt though. :(

2 days ago: Short par 5 at same course above (Healy Point). Hit really good drive and got good bounce off slope to middle of FW. Hit my Cleveland HB3 6 iron to 10' below hole. Made putt for eagle. That was my 4th eagle this year but first one ever away from my home course.

Great to make the putt, congrats on the eagle, I haven't made one it 2 or 3 years, so I am very impressed with the 4 on the year.

Great to make the putt, congrats on the eagle, I haven't made one it 2 or 3 years, so I am very impressed with the 4 on the year.

Well come join me on the red tees and you'll get one too. :) Seriously, the ones I've had have been on really short par 5's so they feel more like birdies. I did have one on #17 at Jonesco recently that was a chip-in that felt good.

Well come join me on the red tees and you'll get one too. :) Seriously, the ones I've had have been on really short par 5's so they feel more like birdies. I did have one on #17 at Jonesco recently that was a chip-in that felt good.

I would probably still have trouble from the reds too. I expect to get at least one at LFC this summer as with my lessons I am getting some of my length back and can now reach 2 of the par 5's in 2 again. I missed a 20' eagle putt yesterday by about 3" right and 3" past. Oh well, that is my kind of birdie putt.

Best shot yesterday was chipping in. It always feels good to hit the ball where/how you mean to! Best full shot would be from 155ish out with a slight wind in my face, hit a 7I to 5'. Unfortunately I missed the birdie putt, but still happy about the shot.

Played a 35 yard shot with my new 60° wedge. Over hit it slightly but it span back a little bit and rolled down the slope into the hole :D i must admit the spin was a complete fluke but still looked good :D

Number 9 a short par 3, 174 from the gold tees today, they moved the tees left and back behind a pine tree that impinges on a left-handed draw. Nope the tee shot is not the "best shot of the round" the tee shot catches a limb tip of the pine tree and drops straight down to a yard behind the blue tee markers! Second shot, 137 yards, gripped down 1 inch on a nine iron and hit it almost perfect. Another two feet and it would have been a birdie! Saved par. (almost perfect since our pro says that only shots that go in the hole are perfect)

On the par 5 3rd I drove it to about 225 out and hit my 3 hybrid Nike machspeed which is one of my new favorites and hit it to about 25 feet and 2 putted for birdie

Tap tap taparoo

137yds/par 3 uphill so my friend says to play it 150. I used a 5i..hit it like a bullet and landed the ball 3ft from the pin for a birdie. I was so happy something like that came from me.

My drive today on our uphill dogleg right par five #17 which is only 460 yds long from the tees I play from. I spanked it 265 yds which was with very little, if any roll out. I hit a six iron to the left front of the green and almost wedged it in for eagle. Tap in birdie. It's funny when you think a 265 yd drive is long

My drive today on our uphill dogleg right par five #17 which is only 460 yds long from the tees I play from. I spanked it 265 yds which was with very little, if any roll out. I hit a six iron to the left front of the green and almost wedged it in for eagle. Tap in birdie. It's funny when you think a 265 yd drive is long

Great hole OG! 265 is long man! You must be getting that old man strength haha.

Not funny to me, I know how imposing that hill is, great shot and nice birdie my friend.

Sliced my drive into a dried out drainage ditch about 18 inches wide and 18 inches below the fairway. Luckily it ran roughly towards the green. Got down on one knee with my sandwedge and was able to get it about 15 yards from the green. Didn't quite hit it in the exact direction I was aiming, but I'll take it. First time I've ever taken a swing with my knee on the ground.

Chipped in for a birdie from 20' off the green on a par 4 today.

Nice birdie dog, I love a chip in, it is such a gift that I usually play the next few holes really well.

Best shot of the round today was following the worst shot. ~375, elevated green, par 4, dogleg right around a large pond. My tee shot was absolute rubbish; a worm burner of about 150. I had a few extra balls in the bag, so I decided to go for the green which required a shot over the pond. Long story a little shorter, hit a 2h to about 15 feet. That's the great thing about golf, one bad shot doesn't necessarily ruin a hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back